TA fuel pipes

Robert F. Butson.

TA fuel pipes

Post by Robert F. Butson. » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:15 pm

Thanks to all who sent brake pipe numbers, now I am stuck on the fuel pipe feeds from the tank to the fire wall. I have the P clips and would like to know how the pipes are routed along the chassis, and through the outriggers past the handbrake cable anchor point etc. A drawing would be appreciated. TA 0844 was so non standard when dissassembled, I have to check every step...Bob.

Dean Jensen

Re: TA fuel pipes

Post by Dean Jensen » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:03 pm

Hi Bob "Green's" restoration guide has some pictures in it. To begin with the TA is similar to the TC except there are two pipes instead of one, and of course it changes up on the fire wall. Okay, in Greens book, page 131 shows the routing on the frame, look on page129 at the bulkhead/fire wall they come up near the tac hole, and there is one clip there, it goes across the bulkhead and (they) turns up again. Page 99 where they connect to the tap, there is a clip just below this, you can sort of see the clip on page 72, in Clausaugers book (do not know the page) he has a good picture of this along with the tap. Again on page 72 top picture, you can see the lines coming up and going over the group lub. By the way I think on 844 you are not suppose to have the group lub, as that came on later chassis. Also on page 31 you can see the two fuel lines, they would go under the frame and up and connect to the fuel tank. They do look a little bit short in this picture, I believe you should see them extending out a bit more, so they can be bent and turned up. Cheers Dean Clausauger -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert F. Butson. Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2005 4:12 PM To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: [mg-tabc] TA fuel pipes Thanks to all who sent brake pipe numbers, now I am stuck on the fuel pipe feeds from the tank to the fire wall. I have the P clips and would like to know how the pipes are routed along the chassis, and through the outriggers past the handbrake cable anchor point etc. A drawing would be appreciated. TA 0844 was so non standard when dissassembled, I have to check every step...Bob. Yahoo! Groups Links

LKe1021587@aol.com

Re: TA fuel pipes

Post by LKe1021587@aol.com » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:29 am

In a message dated 7/16/2005 5:03:36 PM Pacific Standard Time, djensen@accessus.net writes:
> Clausaugers book (do not know > the page) he has a good picture of this along with the tap.
Page 24 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Robert F.Butson

TA Fuel pipes

Post by Robert F.Butson » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:45 pm

I have to fit the fuel pipes to TA 0844, I know that they run along the outside of the frame on the left but not how they are routed from the tank (under the frame side member?). Also is there a join near the firewall or should there be a continuous length to the change-over union. The point at which the pipes are routed from the frame side member is also needed. Any info. welcomed, and any photos(off list). Many thanks. Bob. Wales UK. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Chris Howard

Re: TA Fuel pipes

Post by Chris Howard » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:06 am

Bob There is a set of photos on the yahoo site - photo albums. Album called TC Fuel Line Routing, provided by Doug Pelton. Not sure if the TA is the same though. Regards Chris Howard TC/9164 Maidenhead UK From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert F.Butson Sent: 13 September 2010 22:44 To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: [mg-tabc] TA Fuel pipes I have to fit the fuel pipes to TA 0844, I know that they run along the outside of the frame on the left but not how they are routed from the tank (under the frame side member?). Also is there a join near the firewall or should there be a continuous length to the change-over union. The point at which the pipes are routed from the frame side member is also needed. Any info. welcomed, and any photos(off list). Many thanks. Bob. Wales UK. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Robert F.Butson

Post by Robert F.Butson » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks to all for the info. about this, I suspected that the original routing was under the frame at the rear. Have many rebuilders routed the fuel lines over the frame? Bob. Wales UK [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Roger Furneaux

Post by Roger Furneaux » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:04 am

hi Bob - I did on TC0978, the original pipe was rather flattened as it passed under the rear cross-member, and the replacement pipe was too long. A no-brainer as far as I was concerned! cheers Roger
On 14 Sep 2010, at 23:16, Robert F.Butson wrote: > Thanks to all for the info. about this, I suspected that the original routing was under the frame at the rear. Have many rebuilders routed the fuel lines over the frame? Bob. Wales UK [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

MERLIN GARAGES

Post by MERLIN GARAGES » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:18 am

Hi Bob in sunny Cardiff. The original pipes on the TA were in 2 halves there was a join in both at the same point up from the chassis by the bulkhead / chassis bracket on mine where the pipe straightened out after curving up. This consisted of a male joiner and a female on both pipes that joined this. (YOU NEED 2 MALES AND 4 FEMALES AT THIS POINT) I am not sure where the pipe went over or under but I put it over the chassis. Beal do cheap copper pipe and also the joiners in steel not brass however. Give me a ring if you do not understand. 01550 777029 David in sunny Carmarthenshire Wales TA 0455 -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Furneaux Sent: 15 September 2010 11:04 To: Robert F.Butson Cc: TABC Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] TA Fuel pipes hi Bob - I did on TC0978, the original pipe was rather flattened as it passed under the rear cross-member, and the replacement pipe was too long. A no-brainer as far as I was concerned! cheers Roger
On 14 Sep 2010, at 23:16, Robert F.Butson wrote: > Thanks to all for the info. about this, I suspected that the original routing was under the frame at the rear. Have many rebuilders routed the fuel lines over the frame? Bob. Wales UK [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Bob Grunau

Post by Bob Grunau » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:12 am

Hi Bob, agree with Roger, my TC fuel pipe went under the chassis and became flattened, who knows when. So I re-routed it over the chassis. Did the same on the PA. Suggest over chassis to protect it. Bob Grunau, Canada hi Bob - I did on TC0978, the original pipe was rather flattened as it passed under the rear cross-member, and the replacement pipe was too long. A no-brainer as far as I was concerned! cheers Roger
On 14 Sep 2010, at 23:16, Robert F.Butson wrote: > Thanks to all for the info. about this, I suspected that the original routing was under the frame at the rear. Have many rebuilders routed the fuel lines over the frame? Bob. Wales UK [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

jgarnaes

Post by jgarnaes » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:57 am

I'm using what I think are the original fuel lines and they run alongside the left frame rail and then go over the rear of the rail, drop down and loop back up, like roller coaster rails, to the gas tank taps! Jan Johnson 1936 MG-TA0768
--- In mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com, "Robert F.Butson" wrote: > > Thanks to all for the info. about this, I suspected that the original routing was under the frame at the rear. Have many rebuilders routed the fuel lines over the frame? Bob. Wales UK > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >