TC Fuel Tank sending unit leak

airnostalgia

TC Fuel Tank sending unit leak

Post by airnostalgia » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:54 am

I just got off the phone with Bob Seymour trying to find out what to do about a leaking fuel tank sending unit. I ordered new gaskets and he suggested Permatex II as a sealer. Any comments or suggestions? John Price College Station, Texas

Gene Gillam

Re: TC Fuel Tank sending unit leak

Post by Gene Gillam » Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:09 am

John, I just posted this the other day but I'll do it here again. I have a friend with a Y-type that swears by this product put out by Gasoila. This is the same sealant used to ensure the threads, etc., on the underground tanks and pumps don't leak according to him (he owned an oil business at one time). He also used to race a TF and used it on all his gas connections. http://www.gsasupplyco.com/liquidsealants.html I've tried the Permatex with limited success (lasted for about 3 months) but maybe it was my fault. Gene Gillam 1949 MG TC Saucier, MS

et1

Re: TC Fuel Tank sending unit leak

Post by et1 » Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:43 pm

John: I have used Permatex II, with fibre washers under the heads of the screws, and no lockwashers. Did that fix about four years ago...so far so good. Mark Evenchick
----- Original Message ----- From: airnostalgia jprice1@txcyber.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 12:54 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] TC Fuel Tank sending unit leak > I just got off the phone with Bob Seymour trying to find out what to > do about a leaking fuel tank sending unit. I ordered new gaskets and > he suggested Permatex II as a sealer. Any comments or suggestions? > > John Price > College Station, Texas > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > >