BSF nuts and bolts

Sally Carroll

BSF nuts and bolts

Post by Sally Carroll » Fri May 31, 2002 5:26 pm

In your Moss catalog is a page of HARDWARE. . . with listing of most of the dimensions and descriptions for nuts and bolts as carried and with part numbers for ordering. It includes the 26 pitch ones as in earlier thread. Sally

R.F.Butson

BSF nuts and bolts

Post by R.F.Butson » Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:12 pm

The Moss list is fine, but no quantities or location...Bob [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

tonygoodall

Re: BSF nuts and bolts

Post by tonygoodall » Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:13 am

Bob Malcolm Green's book -T series restoration guide- has a schedule for B.S.F. etc. bolts, this combined with that already on the TABC website for engine bolts just about gives full coverage. Regards Tony TC9825
> From: "R.F.Butson" robbut@onetel.net.uk> > Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:23:54 +0100 > To: "MG TABC" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Subject: [mg-tabc] BSF nuts and bolts > > The Moss list is fine, but no quantities or location...Bob > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

Terry & Lynda-May O'Brien

Post by Terry & Lynda-May O'Brien » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:24 am

Tony: This must be in a later edition. I have the 1993 hard cover edition and it has no such schedule. It would be usefull if it could be added to the website. Terry TC8202 tonygoodall wrote:
> Bob > > Malcolm Green's book -T series restoration guide- has a schedule for B.S.F. > etc. bolts, this combined with that already on the TABC website for engine > bolts just about gives full coverage. > > Regards > > Tony TC9825 > > > From: "R.F.Butson" robbut@onetel.net.uk> > > Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:23:54 +0100 > > To: "MG TABC" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > > Subject: [mg-tabc] BSF nuts and bolts > > > > The Moss list is fine, but no quantities or location...Bob > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

MBS Sales & Marketing Ltd.

Post by MBS Sales & Marketing Ltd. » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:57 am

I too have been looking for such a list , I went to Abingdon's and they supplied with a list for the chassis
----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry & Lynda-May O'Brien" hamptons1@shaw.ca> To: "tonygoodall" tonygoodall@blueyonder.co.uk> Cc: "MG-TABC" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2002 11:17 AM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] BSF nuts and bolts > Tony: This must be in a later edition. I have the 1993 hard cover edition and > it has no such schedule. It would be usefull if it could be added to the > website. Terry TC8202 > > tonygoodall wrote: > > > Bob > > > > Malcolm Green's book -T series restoration guide- has a schedule for B.S.F. > > etc. bolts, this combined with that already on the TABC website for engine > > bolts just about gives full coverage. > > > > Regards > > > > Tony TC9825 > > > > > From: "R.F.Butson" robbut@onetel.net.uk> > > > Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:23:54 +0100 > > > To: "MG TABC" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > > > Subject: [mg-tabc] BSF nuts and bolts > > > > > > The Moss list is fine, but no quantities or location...Bob > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

tonygoodall

Post by tonygoodall » Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:46 am

Terry Unfortunately it would be a breach of copywrite to publish the schedule from Malcolm Greens book. I suppose it could be re-drafted in some way, but that entails quite a bit of work. Tony TC 9825
> From: Terry & Lynda-May O'Brien hamptons1@shaw.ca> > Reply-To: hamptons1@shaw.ca > Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 08:17:37 -0700 > To: tonygoodall tonygoodall@blueyonder.co.uk> > Cc: MG-TABC mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] BSF nuts and bolts > > Tony: This must be in a later edition. I have the 1993 hard cover edition and > it has no such schedule. It would be usefull if it could be added to the > website. Terry TC8202 > >>> >

Terry & Lynda-May O'Brien

Post by Terry & Lynda-May O'Brien » Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:00 pm

Tony: As a retired Solicitor I concur that it would be a breach of copyright to republish the schedule without permission. I notice though that Malcom Green obtained permission to use copyright material in his book and if asked he may well be disposed to grant it for our site. Aside from the extra work I could take a stab at it myself, as I have just taken my original TC apart (first time). But there have been some old badly done repairs and replacements using SAE or whatever was at hand. Think I have sorted most of that out but would like to see a complete list to be sure. Terry tonygoodall wrote:
> Terry > > Unfortunately it would be a breach of copywrite to publish the schedule from > Malcolm Greens book. I suppose it could be re-drafted in some way, but that > entails quite a bit of work. > > Tony TC 9825 > > > From: Terry & Lynda-May O'Brien hamptons1@shaw.ca> > > Reply-To: hamptons1@shaw.ca > > Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 08:17:37 -0700 > > To: tonygoodall tonygoodall@blueyonder.co.uk> > > Cc: MG-TABC mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] BSF nuts and bolts > > > > Tony: This must be in a later edition. I have the 1993 hard cover edition and > > it has no such schedule. It would be usefull if it could be added to the > > website. Terry TC8202 > > > >>> > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Roger Furneaux

Post by Roger Furneaux » Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:29 pm

----------
>From: "Roger Furneaux" Roger.46TC@virgin.net> >To: tonygoodall tonygoodall@blueyonder.co.uk> >Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] BSF nuts and bolts >Date: Sun, Jun 2, 2002, 11:24 pm > >A few years back on one of my visits to Malcolm, he showed me a schedule of >nuts & bolts & fixings, from the M.G. Car Co. It might have been loose-leaf >at one time, but Malcolm had bound it (he used to do book-binding as a sort >of hobby) so it could not be photocopied. > >The point is, if he has used some of this in later editions of his book, >then: > >1) those of us who bought the first edition were sold short, > >2) if M.G. put this out like a parts list (for the use of garages doing >repairs), who owns the copyright anyway??? > >I would like to volunteer Mike Card to go see Malcolm and ascertain the >position. > >ocTagonally > >TCRoger > >>Unfortunately it would be a breach of copywrite to publish the schedule from >>Malcolm Greens book. I suppose it could be re-drafted in some way, but that >>entails quite a bit of work. > >>> Tony: This must be in a later edition. I have the 1993 hard cover edition and >>> it has no such schedule. It would be usefull if it could be added to the

tonygoodall

Post by tonygoodall » Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:14 pm

Bob Revised and enlarged 2000 edition. Pages 138 - 144, covers TA to TF Tony TC9825
> From: "R. Zwart" zwart@earthlink.net> > Reply-To: zwart@earthlink.net > Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:04:49 -0700 > To: tonygoodall tonygoodall@blueyonder.co.uk> > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] BSF nuts and bolts > > Maybe it's another edition or another Malcolm Green book?????? What page? > BOB >

Bob Zone

Post by Bob Zone » Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:58 am

I haven't found a US source for the Malcolm Green "T-Series Restoration Guide" update - I did find it at Brooklands in UK with a 6 pound shipping cost. Amazon only shows the older edition. Bob Zone TC 5995