Re : Austin by Nissan

西尾 隆広

Re : Austin by Nissan

Post by 西尾 隆広 » Wed Mar 06, 2002 5:21 pm

Actually Nissan A type engine is very identical to BMC A type engine, so many Japanese Mini/Spridgets owners use some more 'durable' parts from Nissan. Datsun 2000 engine is identical to BMC B type as well. Among old Japanese mechanics, interchargability of Nissan and BMC parts is very common and they know hundreds of those ! Hiro Nishio TA 2658
>From: "Bill Traill" bill@clovermachine.com> >To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com >Reply-To: bill@clovermachine.com >Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:04:07 -0800 > >Back in about 1974 one of my co-workers was checking the >radiator in his Datsun 2000 (originally named the "Fair Lady >roadster"?). So I sauntered over...my eyes nearly fell out as I saw >an MGB engine cast in aluminum! (maybe it was painted >aluminum?). Sometime later I saw another Datsun with this same >block but with overhead cam. > >A mechanic told me many of the Datsun 2000 engine internals >would fit my MGB engine, and the rocker shaft would outlast the >MG's 3 to 1! I never looked into these claims. > >Bill Traill >DCO: >TC#5221