datsun steering conversion

Graham and Sonja Walker

datsun steering conversion

Post by Graham and Sonja Walker » Sun Jan 06, 2002 8:07 am

hello to all T type owners out there. I am a new member, in Buckingham, UK.
My first query:
I need to sort out the steering on my TC, and have seen a Datsun conversion supplied, I believe, by John Bowles in Australia.
I have e-mailed him, but no reply.
Can anyone confirm his e-mail address, and what experience does anyone have of this conversion?
If there are existing files on this subject, how do I access them?
All help gratefully received.
Graham walker

CVMGA@aol.com

Re: datsun steering conversion

Post by CVMGA@aol.com » Sun Jan 06, 2002 9:01 am

In a message dated 1/6/02 11:08:47 AM Eastern Standard Time, grahamandsonja@ukonline.co.uk writes:
I need to sort out the steering on my TC, and have seen a Datsun conversion supplied
Oh boy, this could be trouble. O.K. old members of the list, give the"new guy" a break here. How about only one representitive from the"originality" corner and one from the "improvements are good" corner, please come forward and respond with calm and helpful assistance. Then let's show Graham we can answer a question without causing a civil war and MOVE ON! ! ! ! Thanks. Bruce Woodson

Chip Old

Post by Chip Old » Sun Jan 06, 2002 10:24 am

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 cvmga@aol.com wrote:
> Oh boy, this could be trouble. O.K. old members of the list, give > the"new guy" a break here. How about only one representitive from > the"originality" corner and one from the "improvements are good" > corner, please come forward and respond with calm and helpful > assistance. > > Then let's show Graham we can answer a question without causing a > civil war and MOVE ON! ! ! !
Bruce, what list is this? How long have you been on it? And you really expect that to happen? Sorry, I couldn't resist. Matter of fact I agree with you. If we're lucky, someone will tell him how to get in touch with John Bowles, and that will be the end of it. If we're lucky... -- Chip Old 1948 M.G. TC TC6710 XPAG7430 NEMGTR #2271 Cub Hill, Maryland 1962 Triumph TR4 CT3154LO CT3479E fold@bcpl.net

Frank O_ The Mountain

Post by Frank O_ The Mountain » Sun Jan 06, 2002 10:45 am

In a message dated 1/6/02 10:25:17 Pacific Standard Time, fold@bcpl.net writes: Sorry, I couldn't resist. Matter of fact I agree with you. If we're lucky, someone will tell him how to get in touch with John Bowles, and that will be the end of it. If we're lucky... >> Why don't we just tell him how to access the archives and let him make up his own mind about going Datsun.......I think Bowles address is in there too. Terry

Charles Hill

Post by Charles Hill » Sun Jan 06, 2002 11:10 am

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, Bruce, but you got to it first. Has anyone checked to see if any of the old threads on Datsun steering are on the Yahoogroups archive? Regards, Charles Hill

C Sherriff

Post by C Sherriff » Sun Jan 06, 2002 12:18 pm

Message text written by INTERNET:cvmga@aol.com
>> I need to sort out the steering on my TC, and have seen a Datsun
conversion
> supplied
Oh boy, this could be trouble. Clive Oxford UK

David and Joyce Edgar

Post by David and Joyce Edgar » Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:27 pm

> I need to sort out the steering on my TC, and have seen a Datsun >conversion supplied > >Oh boy, this could be trouble. ======================================= > >DONT PANIC!!!!! > >DONT PANIC!!!!! > >DONT PANIC!!!!! > >Its OK - Ive replied off list !!! > >Clive > >Oxford UK
While most of us are tired of some of these threads being run into the ground in the past, there are some new members who have had not had the pleasure (?) of hearing all our words of wisdom (?). I think messages should be posted for all to see or ignore. If it doesn't interest me, I have a (well worn) delete key at hand. And to new members, there is a wealth of info that can be found by searching the TABC messages from the past in Yahoo. Trick is to get registered and in. David Edgar, TC 5108 El Cajon, California

Darryl Robins

Post by Darryl Robins » Fri Jan 18, 2002 7:52 pm

John Bowles new email address is jbeng@bigpond.com regards to all Darryl Robins
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] grahamandsonja@ukonline.co.uk [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Sunday, January 06, 2002 11:53 PM [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] datsun steering conversion hello to all T type owners out there. I am a new member, in Buckingham, UK. My first query: I need to sort out the steering on my TC, and have seen a Datsun conversion supplied, I believe, by John Bowles in Australia. I have e-mailed him, but no reply. Can anyone confirm his e-mail address, and what experience does anyone have of this conversion? If there are existing files on this subject, how do I access them? All help gratefully received. Graham walker Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

FDShade@aol.com

Post by FDShade@aol.com » Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:02 pm

In a message dated 01/18/2002 7:55:53 PM Pacific Standard Time, [i]Darryl Robins[/i] (darryl_tc8077@westnet.com.au) writes:
I need to sort out the steering on my TC, and have seen a Datsun conversion supplied, I believe, by John Bowles in Australia.
also see T-Parts Suppliers : Skip Kelsey Shadetree Motors Moss distributor, [b][u]Datsun 1000/1200 steering box [/u][/b] Skip Kelsey Ltd. 3895 Mammoth cave Ct. Pleasanton, CA 94588 USA +1-510-846-1309 (phone+fax) kelsey@shadetreemotors.com www.shadetreemotors.com see Moss catalog wholesale, discount pricing Jim Shade West Covina CA

Steve Rankin

Post by Steve Rankin » Fri Jan 18, 2002 9:54 pm

What is the recommended oil for the Datsun Box? Steve Rankin TC 6646
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] darryl_tc8077@westnet.com.au [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com ; grahamandsonja@ukonline.co.uk [b]Sent:[/b] Friday, January 18, 2002 7:53 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] datsun steering conversion John Bowles new email address is jbeng@bigpond.com regards to all Darryl Robins ----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] grahamandsonja@ukonline.co.uk [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Sunday, January 06, 2002 11:53 PM [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] datsun steering conversion hello to all T type owners out there. I am a new member, in Buckingham, UK. My first query: I need to sort out the steering on my TC, and have seen a Datsun conversion supplied, I believe, by John Bowles in Australia. I have e-mailed him, but no reply. Can anyone confirm his e-mail address, and what experience does anyone have of this conversion? If there are existing files on this subject, how do I access them? All help gratefully received. Graham walker Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.