RADIATOR SURROUND

DAVID DARRELL

RADIATOR SURROUND

Post by DAVID DARRELL » Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:09 pm

I would like to buy a number (4 at least) of new not original or repaired radiator surrounds for a TA but would probably be more interested in the TD type which i gather is stronger due to the fact that the starting handle hole is completely enclosed. This is for a special i am making and which would also require new wings, bonnet and fuel tank which i also require making. Someone who is interested in making them in quantity not as one offs as i believe Moss etc sell. Preferably in the UK but anywhere in the world would be ok. Email me direct if possible. david@ddarrell.freeserve.co.uk

i.thomson@talk21.com

Re: RADIATOR SURROUND

Post by i.thomson@talk21.com » Tue Nov 20, 2001 1:00 am

David, A man (firm) whose name escapes me used to make these parts at a unit in Nottingham some years ago. They were excellent quality. As I live near I could call and see if he is still there for you. ------------------
> I would like to buy a number (4 at least) of new not original or repaired >radiator surrounds for a TA but would probably be more interested in the TD >type which i gather is stronger due to the fact that the starting handle >hole is completely enclosed. >This is for a special i am making and which would also require new wings, >bonnet and fuel tank which i also require making. >Someone who is interested in making them in quantity not as one offs as i >believe Moss etc sell. >Preferably in the UK but anywhere in the world would be ok. > >Email me direct if possible. >david@ddarrell.freeserve.co.uk > > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://talk21.btopenworld.com/redirect.html?http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/'>[url=http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
-------------------- talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at http://www.talk21.com

DAI

Post by DAI » Tue Nov 20, 2001 2:22 am

David, I recently bought a shell and grill for my TC from Bob Sheridan of Reading, UK. Excellent hand made shell of 18 grade brass. I ahven't fitted it yet as my car is awaiting MOT. I had the opportunity to visit him and discuss how he makes them, etc. He is a retired gentleman who has displayed his wares at various shows. His email address: robert.cobbsheridan@btinternet.com Regards, DAI --- i.thomson@talk21.com wrote: > David, A man (firm) whose name escapes me used to
> make these parts at a unit in Nottingham some years > ago. They were excellent quality. As I live near I > could call and see if he is still there for you. > > ------------------ > > I would like to buy a number (4 at least) of new > not original or repaired > >radiator surrounds for a TA but would probably be > more interested in the TD > >type which i gather is stronger due to the fact > that the starting handle > >hole is completely enclosed. > >This is for a special i am making and which would > also require new wings, > >bonnet and fuel tank which i also require making. > >Someone who is interested in making them in > quantity not as one offs as i > >believe Moss etc sell. > >Preferably in the UK but anywhere in the world > would be ok. > > > >Email me direct if possible. > >david@ddarrell.freeserve.co.uk
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com

David Lodge

Post by David Lodge » Sat Dec 01, 2001 7:48 pm

DAI, I can vouch for Mr. Sheridan's work also, having seen it at a couple of auto-jumbles (that's swap-meets for our North American cousins!) Regards David Lodge DAI wrote:
> David, > > I recently bought a shell and grill for my TC from Bob > Sheridan of Reading, UK. Excellent hand made shell of > 18 grade brass. I ahven't fitted it yet as my car is > awaiting MOT. > > I had the opportunity to visit him and discuss how he > makes them, etc. He is a retired gentleman who has > displayed his wares at various shows. > > His email address: robert.cobbsheridan@btinternet.com > > Regards, > > DAI > > --- i.thomson@talk21.com wrote: > David, A man > (firm) whose name escapes me used to > > make these parts at a unit in Nottingham some years > > ago. They were excellent quality. As I live near I > > could call and see if he is still there for you. > > > > ------------------ > > > I would like to buy a number (4 at least) of new > > not original or repaired > > >radiator surrounds for a TA but would probably be > > more interested in the TD > > >type which i gather is stronger due to the fact > > that the starting handle > > >hole is completely enclosed. > > >This is for a special i am making and which would > > also require new wings, > > >bonnet and fuel tank which i also require making. > > >Someone who is interested in making them in > > quantity not as one offs as i > > >believe Moss etc sell. > > >Preferably in the UK but anywhere in the world > > would be ok. > > > > > >Email me direct if possible. > > >david@ddarrell.freeserve.co.uk > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts > http://uk.my.yahoo.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Colin

Radiator Surround

Post by Colin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:42 am

Dear Group Iam also looking for a radiator surround for My i949 TC Thanks Colin TC8904 UK

garthp.nj

Re: Radiator Surround

Post by garthp.nj » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:34 am

Hi Colin,
There is one on EBay for sale from Texas.  The item number is  # 221180234865.  There is 24+ hours left on the clock.  Good luck...                  Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Sara Dahl

Post by Sara Dahl » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:46 am

Hi Garth -   Be careful here, these are reproduction aftermarket and don't fit correctly at all.  Originals were brass metal shells, triple chromed the correct way, these are NOT brass.    Sara [b]From:[/b] garthp.nj garthp.nj@gmail.com> [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:34 AM [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Re: Radiator Surround Hi Colin,There is one on EBay for sale from Texas.  The item number is  # 221180234865.  There is 24+ hours left on the clock.  Good luck...                  Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Joe Curto

Post by Joe Curto » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:55 am

Excellent warning Sarah. I was always amazed that someone would go to what I would think is a tremendous expense of making a die and all needed fixtures and generally miss so bad on the shape and fit of those shells. They have been bad since the 1970's   Remember if it is a concern a TC shelf has a U shaped crank hole which is open at the bottom and  TD is closed and also U shaped. I believe the repro stuff have a completely round crank hole. I would use an original  TD shell over a repro shell any day , I suspect a good metal fabricator could modify a TD shell into a TC one again if that is that important , otherwise they are the same   Joe -----Original Message----- From: Sara Dahl ssdmgtrio8@yahoo.com> To: garthp.nj garthp.nj@gmail.com> Cc: colin colin@liveseywoodwork.co.uk>; mg-tabc mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Sat, Jan 26, 2013 9:46 am Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: Radiator Surround   Hi Garth -   Be careful here, these are reproduction aftermarket and don't fit correctly at all.  Originals were brass metal shells, triple chromed the correct way, these are NOT brass.    Sara [b]From:[/b] garthp.nj garthp.nj@gmail.com> [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:34 AM [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Re: Radiator Surround Hi Colin, There is one on EBay for sale from Texas.  The item number is  # 221180234865.  There is 24+ hours left on the clock.  Good luck...                  Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone #ygrps-yiv-679705213 #ygrps-yiv-679705213AOLMsgPart_1_96f0ac0f-5419-4d92-aa5e-46712907799b td{color:black;}

John Seim

Post by John Seim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:57 am

MG TC MG TD MGTC MGTD FULLY RESTORED GRILL
eBay item number is 221180234865Seller is Gene Ponder22ferrari22Should be a great item. John SeimIrvine, CA On Jan 26, 2013, at 6:46 AM, Sara Dahl wrote: Hi Garth -   Be careful here, these are reproduction aftermarket and don't fit correctly at all.  Originals were brass metal shells, triple chromed the correct way, these are NOT brass.    Sara [b]From:[/b] garthp.nj garthp.nj@gmail.com> [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com  [b]Sent:[/b] Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:34 AM [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Re: Radiator Surround Hi Colin,There is one on EBay for sale from Texas.  The item number is  # 221180234865.  There is 24+ hours left on the clock.  Good luck...                  Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Joe Curto

Post by Joe Curto » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:36 am

I just took a look at those shells and they look correct, Pauls Plating ia a very high end plater and does excellent work . I believe they still exist I believe they are TD as the seller says crank holes are closed, better yet I would ask for a picture of that area Joe -----Original Message----- From: John Seim kingseim@earthlink.net> Cc: Colin colin@liveseywoodwork.co.uk>; MG-TABC GROUP mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Sat, Jan 26, 2013 9:57 am Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: Radiator Surround   MG TC MG TD MGTC MGTD FULLY RESTORED GRILL
eBay item number is 221180234865 Seller is Gene Ponder 22ferrari22 Should be a great item. John Seim Irvine, CA On Jan 26, 2013, at 6:46 AM, Sara Dahl wrote: Hi Garth -   Be careful here, these are reproduction aftermarket and don't fit correctly at all.  Originals were brass metal shells, triple chromed the correct way, these are NOT brass.    Sara [b]From:[/b] garthp.nj garthp.nj@gmail.com> [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com  [b]Sent:[/b] Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:34 AM [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Re: Radiator Surround Hi Colin, There is one on EBay for sale from Texas.  The item number is  # 221180234865.  There is 24+ hours left on the clock.  Good luck...                  Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone #ygrps-yiv-1614445649 #ygrps-yiv-1614445649AOLMsgPart_1_5cd7357e-1a03-4c35-b8a3-ede229ebc18e td{color:black;}