Decarbonizing

banjomey2@aol.com

Decarbonizing

Post by banjomey2@aol.com » Wed Nov 14, 2001 3:36 pm

...one of our old engine-experts in Hamburg used break-fluid for decarbonizing, with tremendous success. But again - this method aswell blows a lot of smoke thru the exhaust and sure is not very good for the environmet! Peter TC 9027

Want1937hd@aol.com

Re: Decarbonizing

Post by Want1937hd@aol.com » Wed Nov 14, 2001 4:02 pm

Brake fluid is also one great paint remover! Bob TC4956 << ...one of our old engine-experts in Hamburg used break-fluid for decarbonizing, with tremendous success. But again - this method aswell blows a lot of smoke thru the exhaust and sure is not very good for the environmet! Peter TC 9027 >>

Davidtasa@aol.com

Decarbonizing

Post by Davidtasa@aol.com » Mon Nov 19, 2001 3:08 pm

Dear Listers. I'd like to thank all who responded to my recent question about decarbonizing combustion chambers. I have compiled all your responses into a file for later reference.... up until the train of thought shifted to installing airplane engines in cars which, although interesting, got fairly far afield from my original question. The problem of dieseling was not so much in relation to my XPAG motors, both of which I've converted for operation with unleaded fuel. Having the heads removed, I naturally removed all carbon deposits before refitting the heads, although I never thought to use old shillings to do the scraping. The problem is in a recently acquired '59 Corvette and although I realize the preferred method would be to scrape off deposits with an old shilling, I don't feel like pulling both heads and scraping those big pistons until some bigger problem demands removing the heads. Until then, I shall try various additives - especially interesting was the suggestion about the GM product: Top Engine Cleaner: Once again, my appreciation for all the good tips and expert advice! Let's keep wearing those roads out. David TC 3896

Mark McCombs

Re: Decarbonizing

Post by Mark McCombs » Mon Nov 19, 2001 3:15 pm

GM? A shilling wont work. Best to use a quarter. Regards Mark TC8126
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] Davidtasa@aol.com [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, November 19, 2001 6:08 PM [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Decarbonizing Dear Listers. I'd like to thank all who responded to my recent question about decarbonizing combustion chambers. I have compiled all your responses into a file for later reference.... up until the train of thought shifted to installing airplane engines in cars which, although interesting, got fairly far afield from my original question. The problem of dieseling was not so much in relation to my XPAG motors, both of which I've converted for operation with unleaded fuel. Having the heads removed, I naturally removed all carbon deposits before refitting the heads, although I never thought to use old shillings to do the scraping. The problem is in a recently acquired '59 Corvette and although I realize the preferred method would be to scrape off deposits with an old shilling, I don't feel like pulling both heads and scraping those big pistons until some bigger problem demands removing the heads. Until then, I shall try various additives - especially interesting was the suggestion about the GM product: Top Engine Cleaner: Once again, my appreciation for all the good tips and expert advice! Let's keep wearing those roads out. David TC 3896 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.