TC distributor

Walter Prechsl privat

TC distributor

Post by Walter Prechsl privat » Sun Oct 07, 2001 12:21 pm

hi friends, especially the european (because of shipping costs) ones: has somebody of you a spare or old (to be rebuild) TC distributor for sale? thanks in advance walter

p.cole@ntlworld.com

TC Distributor

Post by p.cole@ntlworld.com » Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:35 am

Ok friends, I'm now at the point of refitting the distributor back onto TC3040, and have used new points, capacitor, distributor cap and rotary arm. All fit together which is no small miracle in the light of my recent experience with parts suppliers. However, and there's always a however isn't there, the old rotary arm has its brass 'nose' pointing forwards towards its leading edge, (in fact it also has an arrow engraved into the brass contact indicating the correct anticlockwise direction of rortation), but on the new part the nose is pointing in the opposite direction, towards the trailing edge. Clearly the nose is there to provide a wider angular contact to accommodate the centrifugal advance as engine speed increases, and no doubt I could use either by offsetting the position of the distributor body, but does anyone know which is correct? Regards and thanks Peter Cole.

Dave & Diana Dwyer

Re: TC Distributor

Post by Dave & Diana Dwyer » Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:23 pm

Peter It sounds like you've got a clockwise rotor. What matters is the position of the rotor contact relative to the cam lobes on the shaft. If this is wrong, rotating the distributor body won't correct it. Perhaps someone with a guaranteed correct pair of parts can confirm the relative postions? Regards Dave Dwyer J2, TA, TC

marionmoll

TC Distributor

Post by marionmoll » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Does anyone have specs for the TC distributor. especially the advance curve? Marion Moll TC 10219 Cedar Crest, NM USA

Gene Gillam

Post by Gene Gillam » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:44 pm

marionmoll wrote:
> Does anyone have specs for the TC distributor. especially the advance > curve? >
Marion (and others), Take a look at the excellent write-up on the T-series distributors that Bob Grunau has posted to the Technology section: http://www.mg-tabc.org/techn-up/distributor.htm Best regards, Gene Gillam Saucier, MS

Peter Cole

Post by Peter Cole » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:07 am

Hi Everyone, I see the pictures and read the words "symmetric" and "asymmetric" cams but I don't really understand what they mean or appreciate their significance. Does "asymmetric" really mean that this cam is not symmetrical, e.g. some of the cam lobes are different from others? What could be the purpose of that? I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who shed any light onto another mystery from the Prince of Darkness. Regards Peter. Gene Gillam wrote:
> > marionmoll wrote: > > Does anyone have specs for the TC distributor. especially the advance > > curve? > > > > Marion (and others), > > Take a look at the excellent write-up on the T-series distributors that > Bob Grunau has posted to the Technology section: > > http://www.mg-tabc.org/techn-up/distributor.htm > http://www.mg-tabc.org/techn-up/distributor.htm> > > Best regards, > Gene Gillam > Saucier, MS > >

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:04 am

Peter, See Blower manual, pages 527 & 528 for description and pictures. As to the reason......... Regards, Ian Linton, TA3120, Lewes, East Sussex, UK
----- Original Message ----- From: Peter Cole To: Gene Gillam Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 9:06 AM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] TC Distributor Hi Everyone, I see the pictures and read the words "symmetric" and "asymmetric" cams but I don't really understand what they mean or appreciate their significance. Does "asymmetric" really mean that this cam is not symmetrical, e.g. some of the cam lobes are different from others? What could be the purpose of that? I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who shed any light onto another mystery from the Prince of Darkness. Regards Peter. Gene Gillam wrote: > > marionmoll wrote: > > Does anyone have specs for the TC distributor. especially the advance > > curve? > > > > Marion (and others), > > Take a look at the excellent write-up on the T-series distributors that > Bob Grunau has posted to the Technology section: > > http://www.mg-tabc.org/techn-up/distributor.htm > http://www.mg-tabc.org/techn-up/distributor.htm> > > Best regards, > Gene Gillam > Saucier, MS > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

joecurto@aol.com

Post by joecurto@aol.com » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:58 am

I do not know if TC shop manual shows pictures of the cams but TD/TF does, yes the lobes are not symetricial Joe -----Original Message----- From: Peter Cole peter.cole@onetel.net> To: Gene Gillam anngene@bellsouth.net> Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Sent: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 5:06 am Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] TC Distributor Hi Everyone, I see the pictures and read the words "symmetric" and "asymmetric" cams but I don't really understand what they mean or appreciate their significance. Does "asymmetric" really mean that this cam is not symmetrical, e.g. some of the cam lobes are different from others? What could be the purpose of that? I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who shed any light onto another mystery from the Prince of Darkness. Regards Peter. Gene Gillam wrote:
> > marionmoll wrote: > > Does anyone have specs for the TC distributor. especially the
advance
> > curve? > > > > Marion (and others), > > Take a look at the excellent write-up on the T-series distributors
that
> Bob Grunau has posted to the Technology section: > > http://www.mg-tabc.org/techn-up/distributor.htm > http://www.mg-tabc.org/techn-up/distributor.htm> > > Best regards, > Gene Gillam > Saucier, MS > >

Sara Dahl

TC distributor

Post by Sara Dahl » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Hello all. We got a spare distributor with the TC several years back that doesn't fit. It is a Lucas #ECM 364 with a cap # 54417214. Can anyone tell me how to find what this fits or where we can look. I tried Google and nothing turns up. Maybe there is someone in our group that rebuilds them and can point me in the right direction. Thanks TTFN Sara [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Michael Marini

Re: TC distributor

Post by Michael Marini » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:09 am

Sara, Contact Jeff Schlemmer at: www.advanceddistributors.com in Minnesota. email: distributorguy@gmail.com I often see him as someone to contact for distributor questions and rebuilds, however I have not had any work done by him. Mike Marini Sheboygan, WI TC8242 EXU ________________________________ From: Sara Dahl ssdmgtrio@yahoo.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:19:54 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] TC distributor Hello all. We got a spare distributor with the TC several years back that doesn't fit. It is a Lucas #ECM 364 with a cap # 54417214. Can anyone tell me how to find what this fits or where we can look. I tried Google and nothing turns up. Maybe there is someone in our group that rebuilds them and can point me in the right direction. Thanks TTFN Sara [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]