TA Front Fenders

Jennifer and Hugh Pite

TA Front Fenders

Post by Jennifer and Hugh Pite » Thu Mar 29, 2001 9:08 pm

I have a new set of reproduction TA front fenders that I want to sell. These fenders will NOT fit a TC! Please contact me off list for price, pictures and description. E-mail: jenntoo@home.com Hugh Pite '48 TC, '33 J2

DenKlemm@aol.com

TA front fenders

Post by DenKlemm@aol.com » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:21 am

Hi All Do the TA fenders bolt to the top of the frame or to the side of the frame? Or do they just sit on top of the frame? Thanks Dennis Klemm Beloit, WI 2M3286 PA1518 PA1829 TA1679 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Paul Huck

Re: TA front fenders

Post by Paul Huck » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:21 pm

fender? fenders? Them is WINGS son!!!
----- Original Message ----- From: DenKlemm@aol.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 1:05 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] TA front fenders > Hi All > Do the TA fenders bolt to the top of the frame or to the side of the frame? > Or do they just sit on top of the frame? > > Thanks > > Dennis Klemm > Beloit, WI > 2M3286 > PA1518 > PA1829 > TA1679 > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > >

Paroor

AW: [mg-tabc] TA front fenders

Post by Paroor » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:39 pm

Hi Paul, Those days where we never had Motorways/National highways, we drove the cars in the country mud roads very often. So we call it mudguards, not fenders. Wash the car apply used oil underneath with some cloths or brush, drive on the dry mud roads, nothing better than that rust proof coating. Sounds mad ??? but it is true. City kids born in the 21 st centaury may never know what mud is, just like they think milk is coming from supermarket and has nothing to do with cows. Or current is flowing out of your wall plugs. So why do you need the power plant operated with atom reactor ??? What a wonderful world. Madhu TC 0448 with 600 miles on the speedometer. -----Urspr ngliche Nachricht----- Von: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com]Im Auftrag von Paul Huck Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. September 2006 05:05 An: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com; DenKlemm@aol.com Betreff: Re: [mg-tabc] TA front fenders fender? fenders? Them is WINGS son!!!
----- Original Message ----- From: DenKlemm@aol.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 1:05 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] TA front fenders > Hi All > Do the TA fenders bolt to the top of the frame or to the side of the frame? > Or do they just sit on top of the frame? > > Thanks > > Dennis Klemm > Beloit, WI > 2M3286 > PA1518 > PA1829 > TA1679 > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Gordon Bruce Lawson

AW: [mg-tabc] TA front fenders

Post by Gordon Bruce Lawson » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:30 am

My grandfather back in the '50s would call the road dep't and ask where they were 'tarring' country roads...he would then drive up and down a few times. I remember seeing him chip off a 'cocoon' of 'dirt/tar' and seeing bright brand new metal on the suspension parts! At 9:46 AM +0000 9/19/06, mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com wrote:
> Those days where we never had Motorways/National highways, we >drove the cars in the country mud roads very often. So we call it mudguards, >not fenders. Wash the car apply used oil underneath with some cloths or >brush, drive on the dry mud roads, nothing better than that rust proof >coating. Sounds mad ??? but it is true.
-- Gordon Lawson 1953 MG TD http://www3.sympatico.ca/gordonblawson/td/td.html MG-T Data Base: http://www.niagarabritishcarclub.org/mgtnumbers/numbers.html

denklemm

TA front fenders

Post by denklemm » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:19 pm

Is there a difference between TA, TB, and TC front fenders. Is one more pointed than the other? Is one longer than the other?
Thanks
Dennis
Sent from my U.S. Cellular Smartphone

MERLIN GARAGES

Post by MERLIN GARAGES » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:33 pm

Yes lots of differences.   Very early TA rounded fronts.   Then more pointed later on.   NS and OS sometimes have different profiles to each other.   Late TC less of a cut out towards radiator   As far as i understand it all the same length and bolt up exactly the same.   Have a look at   http://growninengland.co.uk/mg-van/   to see early TA wings especially on the van with the rare reinforcing piece under the point which makes it even more of a rust trap.   It has the correct profile with the wing running into the running board in a continuous curve (took ages to get that i can assure you, especially on the normally poor profiled NS wing)   Other people on the site will have far more information than i have.   AT one time i had 9 wings to look at only to find all different (the 2 with the closest profile ended up on the van with the early type tip)   David Darrell TA 0455 UK [b]From:[/b] DenKlemm@aol.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:19 PM [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] TA front fenders   Is there a difference between TA, TB, and TC front fenders. Is one more pointed than the other? Is one longer than the other? Thanks Dennis Sent from my U.S. Cellular Smartphone

rogerg12p

Post by rogerg12p » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:04 am

I fitted what I was told was TC wings to my TA. The TC wings are narrower at the back end where they meet the running boards- I had to make an "adjustment" to the running boards.  Sent from my iPhone
On 11 Aug 2016, at 21:33, 'Merlin Garages' merlingarages@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  Yes lots of differences.   Very early TA rounded fronts.   Then more pointed later on.   NS and OS sometimes have different profiles to each other.   Late TC less of a cut out towards radiator   As far as i understand it all the same length and bolt up exactly the same.   Have a look at   http://growninengland.co.uk/mg-van/   to see early TA wings especially on the van with the rare reinforcing piece under the point which makes it even more of a rust trap.   It has the correct profile with the wing running into the running board in a continuous curve (took ages to get that i can assure you, especially on the normally poor profiled NS wing)   Other people on the site will have far more information than i have.   AT one time i had 9 wings to look at only to find all different (the 2 with the closest profile ended up on the van with the early type tip)   David Darrell TA 0455 UK [b]From:[/b] DenKlemm@aol.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:19 PM [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] TA front fenders   Is there a difference between TA, TB, and TC front fenders. Is one more pointed than the other? Is one longer than the other? Thanks Dennis Sent from my U.S. Cellular Smartphone

Clive P Sherriff

Post by Clive P Sherriff » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:02 am

Roger,   Apart from the fact that the TA and TB have three running board strips instead of 2, they and the TC ones are (should be !) identical. ========================================
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] rogerg12p@yahoo.co.uk [mg-tabc] [b]To:[/b] merlingarages@gmail.com [b]Cc:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Friday, August 12, 2016 10:04 AM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] TA front fenders   I fitted what I was told was TC wings to my TA. The TC wings are narrower at the back end where they meet the running boards- I had to make an "adjustment" to the running boards.  Sent from my iPhone On 11 Aug 2016, at 21:33, 'Merlin Garages' merlingarages@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Yes lots of differences.   Very early TA rounded fronts.   Then more pointed later on.   NS and OS sometimes have different profiles to each other.   Late TC less of a cut out towards radiator   As far as i understand it all the same length and bolt up exactly the same.   Have a look at   http://growninengland.co.uk/mg-van/   to see early TA wings especially on the van with the rare reinforcing piece under the point which makes it even more of a rust trap.   It has the correct profile with the wing running into the running board in a continuous curve (took ages to get that i can assure you, especially on the normally poor profiled NS wing)   Other people on the site will have far more information than i have.   AT one time i had 9 wings to look at only to find all different (the 2 with the closest profile ended up on the van with the early type tip)   David Darrell TA 0455 UK [b]From:[/b] DenKlemm@aol.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:19 PM [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] TA front fenders   Is there a difference between TA, TB, and TC front fenders. Is one more pointed than the other? Is one longer than the other? Thanks Dennis Sent from my U.S. Cellular Smartphone
[img]https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.avast.com%2Femails%2Favast-mail-stamp.png&t=1522510649&sig=t2LMUbYOEfCuc1YRP0fcZQ--~D[/img] This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. www.avast.com