nklr time for new gps

DSN_KLR650
Greg McKinney

nklr time for new gps

Post by Greg McKinney » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:51 pm

A few years ago the screen protectors were all plastic. Now you can get the thin sheet glass one s. You don t have those problems with glass. GregM From: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 9:25 AM To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Re: NKLR Time for new GPS Thanks for your feedback. Surprised by the screen protector issue but there's so many different types out there. Have a protector on my phone for the first time. Impressed by how good it works but it's not sitting in the sun like a GPS does much of the time on our bikes. Monty [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Martin Earl

cruise control excitement

Post by Martin Earl » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:58 pm

and I thought you had a new KLR farkle. cough. I think the second paragraph should have been the first paragraph; it would make a lot more sense during the first rapid reading.on the other hand...Did you figure out a real cruise control for the klr....a guy can wish, no?m1.
On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:51 AM, achesley43@... [DSN_KLR650] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Decided to start playing about and see if I could find out why the cruise don't work. So, check vacuum > good; Put a vacuum on the brake switch dump and tested > good , check fuses, Cruise Ctl fuse bad, smiling as put a new 10A fuse in. Took car for a quick test ride. Boo Hoo, Still don't work. Now, making a list of other things to check next week as I don't want to accidently disable something and can't ride this young lady in the parade this Friday. ;-) But, after spending an hour in the Factory manuals and another hour hunting online, have a direction to start from next week on further testing. Working on this old '95 Coupe that has not seen anything kin to proper service in the last 15 or better years is really keeping me entertained. ;-) But, did have to get away from it and replace the headlight bulbs in my 07 Suzuki Bandit. Sheesh, what a job that proved to be.

achesley43@ymail.com

Post by achesley43@ymail.com » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:20 am

Well, brain cramp in my old head. Ment that post to go to the C4 Corvette forum. Sigh! So, deleted it so we don't have corvette stuff in a KLR site. ;-). By the way, since I'm here. Just gotta report, My old A14 is still put to use near every day as my roam the town and countryside ride.  The Bandit gets use a few days a week, as does my other two rides. Love my life for sure. 

Norm Keller

Post by Norm Keller » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:24 am

I have installed these kits onto several types of bikes, including my own Honda ST1100. Couldn't be more happy with them. Some bikes require that a vacuum reservoir be fabricated.

Likely won't get to install on my KLR as it seldom moves but would be a good addition. The KLR has wide enough power band that the cruise should function well enough, except for hills.

The ST has such wide power band and so much torque that it doesn't care.

Problem with many bikes is that the torque available at highway speed in top gear is not enough to pull much more load so hill or strong head wind will just drag it to a stop. Shifting down doesn't work because these types of cruise control reference engine RPM rather than speed.

http://www.murphskits.com/mobile-info.php?products_id=422

Martin Earl

Post by Martin Earl » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:32 am

When I replied to achesley43, I almost added, 'Norm probably knows how!"Sure enough, Norm know how.m1.
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:30 AM, Norm Keller normkel32@... [DSN_KLR650] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I have installed these kits onto several types of bikes, including my own Honda ST1100. Couldn't be more happy with them. Some bikes require that a vacuum reservoir be fabricated.

Likely won't get to install on my KLR as it seldom moves but would be a good addition. The KLR has wide enough power band that the cruise should function well enough, except for hills.

The ST has such wide power band and so much torque that it doesn't care.

Problem with many bikes is that the torque available at highway speed in top gear is not enough to pull much more load so hill or strong head wind will just drag it to a stop. Shifting down doesn't work because these types of cruise control reference engine RPM rather than speed.

http://www.murphskits.com/ mobile-info.php?products_id= 422