emergency kits. & life saving drinking water

DSN_KLR650
zoot

moab & jury duty? nklr

Post by zoot » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Seems to me like an opportunity to show up in a "Nuke and Pave" t-shirt and see if you get selected. t. [b]From:[/b] mike21b@... [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, March 04, 2014 11:05 AM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY?   My wife is still a legal CA resident, although she is usually here in PA with me. She's been called to jury duty, informed the court that she is in PA, and was excused with no problems. As for me, despite being a registered voter for 35+ years, I have never once been called to jury duty. Mike On 3/4/2014 11:04 AM, Jeff Khoury wrote:
> > Not so here in California. They accept very few
excuses.
> > -Jeff Khoury > > ----- Original Message
-----
> From: "John Biccum" > To:
"Martin Earl" , "mark ward"
> Cc: "List KLR"
DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Monday, March 3, 2014 1:40:50
PM
> Subject: RE: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? > > I
received a jury summons in King County Washington. I *wanted* to
> serve
on the jury, thinking it was my civic duty. But the date they
> proposed
was in the middle of a business trip to DC.
> > I asked the County
for another date and they simply told me to forget
> the summons, they
would note I couldn't attend and would summon
> someone
else.
> > So I suspect that one wishing to so something else at that
time would
> find little trouble with the summons provided they RESPONDED
to it in
> a timely matter. > > I'd love to do Moab again.
The time proposed will probably work for me
> but my work calendar might
not cooperate so I'd likely be tentative
> until a couple weeks before
departure.
> > From: Martin Earl > Sent: 3/ 3/ 2014
11:37
> To: mark ward > Cc: List KLR > Subject: Re:
[DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY?
> > Mark, > It is a jury
notice unless the Dr. prescribes UTAH therapy.
> > Let me check my
injury-schedule. cough.
> > I didn't have a 'dislocated rib'
scheduled last year but got one
> anyway. sigh. > still not over
that one completely. sigh. again.
> > maybe I can schedule a
different injury this year or at least,
> earlier/later in the
year.
> IVO that thought, I managed to log 400 miles of Black Hills paved > canyons during January on my 685 rebuild. > What a nice mod...or
upgrade.
> The bike had 57K on the clock and was using 8-10oz of oil every
fill
> up. It was time for a fresh piston and cylinder. smile. >
Hopefully good for another 60K. grin.
> >
revmaaatin.
> > On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:42 AM, mark ward <
nomad59@... >
> wrote: > > Anyone Planning on
Moab yet
> > Have not heard much "chatter" after asking a month(+-_)
ago about Moab
> in May/June, but figured IF I was able to make it I
would want to
> leave soon enough to ride, 9-10 days EARLY, > to
wonder back roads & trails across the country, UNLIKE last years
>
trucking the bike, straight threw 1,500 miles. (SO leave about May 10)
> > Now I get a JURY NOTICE for May 12th. > > Ya
think the judge will except I'm PLANNING a Dual Sport Trip
> toEXPLORE
the country, as a "valid" excuse to be relieved?
> > (HONEST JUDGE,
I KNOW THE KLR650 IS THE BIKE OF THE GODS, BUT.., IT IS
> JUST NOT SAFE,
FOR THE KLR TO MAKE THE TRIP TO MOAB ON IT'S
> OWN.............. somebody
has to check the air filter & oil.)
> >

Jeff Khoury

moab & jury duty? nklr

Post by Jeff Khoury » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:55 pm

I do as I'm told and report, although they almost immediately dismiss me when they find out I'm a big proponent of jury nullification. -Jeff Khoury
----- Original Message ----- From: "zoot" To: "List KLR" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:24:01 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? NKLR Seems to me like an opportunity to show up in a "Nuke and Pave" t-shirt and see if you get selected. t. From: Mike Frey Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 11:05 AM To: List KLR Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? My wife is still a legal CA resident, although she is usually here in PA with me. She's been called to jury duty, informed the court that she is in PA, and was excused with no problems. As for me, despite being a registered voter for 35+ years, I have never once been called to jury duty. Mike On 3/4/2014 11:04 AM, Jeff Khoury wrote: > > Not so here in California. They accept very few excuses. > > -Jeff Khoury > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "John Biccum" > To: "Martin Earl" , "mark ward" > Cc: "List KLR" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Monday, March 3, 2014 1:40:50 PM > Subject: RE: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? > > I received a jury summons in King County Washington. I *wanted* to > serve on the jury, thinking it was my civic duty. But the date they > proposed was in the middle of a business trip to DC. > > I asked the County for another date and they simply told me to forget > the summons, they would note I couldn't attend and would summon > someone else. > > So I suspect that one wishing to so something else at that time would > find little trouble with the summons provided they RESPONDED to it in > a timely matter. > > I'd love to do Moab again. The time proposed will probably work for me > but my work calendar might not cooperate so I'd likely be tentative > until a couple weeks before departure. > > From: Martin Earl > Sent: 3/ 3/ 2014 11:37 > To: mark ward > Cc: List KLR > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? > > Mark, > It is a jury notice unless the Dr. prescribes UTAH therapy. > > Let me check my injury-schedule. cough. > > I didn't have a 'dislocated rib' scheduled last year but got one > anyway. sigh. > still not over that one completely. sigh. again. > > maybe I can schedule a different injury this year or at least, > earlier/later in the year. > IVO that thought, I managed to log 400 miles of Black Hills paved > canyons during January on my 685 rebuild. > What a nice mod...or upgrade. > The bike had 57K on the clock and was using 8-10oz of oil every fill > up. It was time for a fresh piston and cylinder. smile. > Hopefully good for another 60K. grin. > > revmaaatin. > > On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:42 AM, mark ward < nomad59@... > > wrote: > > Anyone Planning on Moab yet > > Have not heard much "chatter" after asking a month(+-_) ago about Moab > in May/June, but figured IF I was able to make it I would want to > leave soon enough to ride, 9-10 days EARLY, > to wonder back roads & trails across the country, UNLIKE last years > trucking the bike, straight threw 1,500 miles. (SO leave about May 10) > > Now I get a JURY NOTICE for May 12th. > > Ya think the judge will except I'm PLANNING a Dual Sport Trip > toEXPLORE the country, as a "valid" excuse to be relieved? > > (HONEST JUDGE, I KNOW THE KLR650 IS THE BIKE OF THE GODS, BUT.., IT IS > JUST NOT SAFE, FOR THE KLR TO MAKE THE TRIP TO MOAB ON IT'S > OWN.............. somebody has to check the air filter & oil.) > >

Martin Earl

moab & jury duty? nklr

Post by Martin Earl » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:36 pm

My jury selection Voir Dire: Lawyer:  Sir, have you or a member of your family been a victim of a crime?Me:  Does having a dope-head offer to slash your throat with a screw driver while holding you by the shirt count? Lawyer:  No further questions.   You are excused. revmaaatin. yes Virginia, true story.
On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM, zoot wrote: [u][/u] Seems to me like an opportunity to show up in a "Nuke and Pave" t-shirt and see if you get selected. t. [b]From:[/b] mike21b@... [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, March 04, 2014 11:05 AM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY?   My wife is still a legal CA resident, although she is usually here in PA with me. She's been called to jury duty, informed the court that she is in PA, and was excused with no problems. As for me, despite being a registered voter for 35+ years, I have never once been called to jury duty. Mike On 3/4/2014 11:04 AM, Jeff Khoury wrote: > > Not so here in California. They accept very few excuses. > > -Jeff Khoury > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "John Biccum" > To: "Martin Earl" , "mark ward" > Cc: "List KLR" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Monday, March 3, 2014 1:40:50 PM > Subject: RE: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? > > I received a jury summons in King County Washington. I *wanted* to > serve on the jury, thinking it was my civic duty. But the date they > proposed was in the middle of a business trip to DC. > > I asked the County for another date and they simply told me to forget > the summons, they would note I couldn't attend and would summon > someone else. > > So I suspect that one wishing to so something else at that time would > find little trouble with the summons provided they RESPONDED to it in > a timely matter. > > I'd love to do Moab again. The time proposed will probably work for me > but my work calendar might not cooperate so I'd likely be tentative > until a couple weeks before departure. > > From: Martin Earl > Sent: 3/3/2014 11:37 > To: mark ward > Cc: List KLR > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? > > Mark, > It is a jury notice unless the Dr. prescribes UTAH therapy. > > Let me check my injury-schedule. cough. > > I didn't have a 'dislocated rib' scheduled last year but got one > anyway. sigh. > still not over that one completely. sigh. again. > > maybe I can schedule a different injury this year or at least, > earlier/later in the year. > IVO that thought, I managed to log 400 miles of Black Hills paved > canyons during January on my 685 rebuild. > What a nice mod...or upgrade. > The bike had 57K on the clock and was using 8-10oz of oil every fill > up. It was time for a fresh piston and cylinder. smile. > Hopefully good for another 60K. grin. > > revmaaatin. > > On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:42 AM, mark ward < nomad59@... > > wrote: > > Anyone Planning on Moab yet > > Have not heard much "chatter" after asking a month(+-_) ago about Moab > in May/June, but figured IF I was able to make it I would want to > leave soon enough to ride, 9-10 days EARLY, > to wonder back roads & trails across the country, UNLIKE last years > trucking the bike, straight threw 1,500 miles. (SO leave about May 10) > > Now I get a JURY NOTICE for May 12th. > > Ya think the judge will except I'm PLANNING a Dual Sport Trip > toEXPLORE the country, as a "valid" excuse to be relieved? > > (HONEST JUDGE, I KNOW THE KLR650 IS THE BIKE OF THE GODS, BUT.., IT IS > JUST NOT SAFE, FOR THE KLR TO MAKE THE TRIP TO MOAB ON IT'S > OWN.............. somebody has to check the air filter & oil.) > >

ron criswell

moab & jury duty? nklr

Post by ron criswell » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:09 am

That's great Rev, I will have try that one. Once I was called on a DUI trial. They asked me if I could give probation to a DUI driver. I said as a motorcycle rider who was run over (hit and run) by a drunk who was caught by a witness 2 blocks later.....no, I have no regrets about throwing them under the jail. No further questions, I was excused. The only trial I wished I had served on was a murder with a bow and arrow. My wife served on a murder trial once where the guy was clearly guilty, he got off with a lesser sentence because one starry eyed juror believed the man was a good man by looking into his eyes and she just knew he was incapable of such a horrible crime. My wife refuses to serve on anymore murder trials because of a bias over that case. A friend (liberal and still is) was pistole whipped, robbed, they threatened to kill him and his wife in their driveway by two longtime hoods. They were caught, identified in a lineup, lengthy records both had. The jury (stacked in their favor if you know what I mean) and let them off. They will kill somebody, maybe already have. Justice. Criswell Sent from my iPad
On Mar 4, 2014, at 5:36 PM, Martin Earl wrote:
  My jury selection Voir Dire: Lawyer:  Sir, have you or a member of your family been a victim of a crime?Me:  Does having a dope-head offer to slash your throat with a screw driver while holding you by the shirt count? Lawyer:  No further questions.   You are excused. revmaaatin. yes Virginia, true story. On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM, zoot wrote: [u][/u] Seems to me like an opportunity to show up in a "Nuke and Pave" t-shirt and see if you get selected. t. [b]From:[/b] mike21b@... [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, March 04, 2014 11:05 AM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY?   My wife is still a legal CA resident, although she is usually here in PA with me. She's been called to jury duty, informed the court that she is in PA, and was excused with no problems. As for me, despite being a registered voter for 35+ years, I have never once been called to jury duty. Mike On 3/4/2014 11:04 AM, Jeff Khoury wrote: > > Not so here in California. They accept very few excuses. > > -Jeff Khoury > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "John Biccum" > To: "Martin Earl" , "mark ward" > Cc: "List KLR" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Monday, March 3, 2014 1:40:50 PM > Subject: RE: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? > > I received a jury summons in King County Washington. I *wanted* to > serve on the jury, thinking it was my civic duty. But the date they > proposed was in the middle of a business trip to DC. > > I asked the County for another date and they simply told me to forget > the summons, they would note I couldn't attend and would summon > someone else. > > So I suspect that one wishing to so something else at that time would > find little trouble with the summons provided they RESPONDED to it in > a timely matter. > > I'd love to do Moab again. The time proposed will probably work for me > but my work calendar might not cooperate so I'd likely be tentative > until a couple weeks before departure. > > From: Martin Earl > Sent: 3/3/2014 11:37 > To: mark ward > Cc: List KLR > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? > > Mark, > It is a jury notice unless the Dr. prescribes UTAH therapy. > > Let me check my injury-schedule. cough. > > I didn't have a 'dislocated rib' scheduled last year but got one > anyway. sigh. > still not over that one completely. sigh. again. > > maybe I can schedule a different injury this year or at least, > earlier/later in the year. > IVO that thought, I managed to log 400 miles of Black Hills paved > canyons during January on my 685 rebuild. > What a nice mod...or upgrade. > The bike had 57K on the clock and was using 8-10oz of oil every fill > up. It was time for a fresh piston and cylinder. smile. > Hopefully good for another 60K. grin. > > revmaaatin. > > On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:42 AM, mark ward < nomad59@... > > wrote: > > Anyone Planning on Moab yet > > Have not heard much "chatter" after asking a month(+-_) ago about Moab > in May/June, but figured IF I was able to make it I would want to > leave soon enough to ride, 9-10 days EARLY, > to wonder back roads & trails across the country, UNLIKE last years > trucking the bike, straight threw 1,500 miles. (SO leave about May 10) > > Now I get a JURY NOTICE for May 12th. > > Ya think the judge will except I'm PLANNING a Dual Sport Trip > toEXPLORE the country, as a "valid" excuse to be relieved? > > (HONEST JUDGE, I KNOW THE KLR650 IS THE BIKE OF THE GODS, BUT.., IT IS > JUST NOT SAFE, FOR THE KLR TO MAKE THE TRIP TO MOAB ON IT'S > OWN.............. somebody has to check the air filter & oil.) > >

eddiebmauri

moab & jury duty? nklr

Post by eddiebmauri » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:14 am

May I chime in on this thread about serving on juries?  I am a Paralegal (or was, I am now working in the Oil Fields of West Texas - more money - and I traded lawyers for rattlesnakes - in other words; I traded up) .  Anyway, I was called for jury duty and I wanted out.  Screw my civic duties. 

In the selection a jury, there is a process called Voir Dire (to speak the truth) and you can be removed for Cause or a Preemptive Challenge if the lawyers are in any way leery of you.  So - give them the most outlandish abnormal answers possible - and I was dismissed after two days instead of a week.  When asked if a plaintiff deserved any money for pain and suffering, my hand shot up and I said that all plaintiffs are opportunistic malingerers, boing, I was gone.  I kept giving nutty answers and I was sent home.

Sent from Windows Mail

Bogdan Swider

moab & jury duty? nklr

Post by Bogdan Swider » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:24 am

I work as a college professor. The defense loves me because it assumes I'm partial to criminals and lack common sense; the prosecution believes the same and rules me out. Gee .that's 2 out of 2 ..could they both be wrong ? Bogdan From: "eddiebmauri@..." Date: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:07 AM To: "DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Re: Moab & JURY DUTY? NKLR   May I chime in on this thread about serving on juries?  I am a Paralegal (or was, I am now working in the Oil Fields of West Texas - more money - and I traded lawyers for rattlesnakes - in other words; I traded up) .  Anyway, I was called for jury duty and I wanted out.  Screw my civic duties.    In the selection a jury, there is a process called Voir Dire (to speak the truth) and you can be removed for Cause or a Preemptive Challenge if the lawyers are in any way leery of you.  So - give them the most outlandish abnormal answers possible - and I was dismissed after two days instead of a week.  When asked if a plaintiff deserved any money for pain and suffering, my hand shot up and I said that all plaintiffs are opportunistic malingerers, boing, I was gone.  I kept giving nutty answers and I was sent home.       Sent from Windows Mail  

Harry Seifert

moab & jury duty? nklr

Post by Harry Seifert » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm

I have always been excused because I was a Fire Chief.  My late father served on a civil suit jury where an HIV positive gay man was suing a urologist for not supplying him with erection injections.  The Dr. won(?!?!), he still had to pay his own lawyer fees.  That's were we are sadly lacking behind the British Court system where if you lose your civil case, your pay your opponents legal bills.  I guess frivolous lawsuits are few and far between in the United Kingdom. Buddy
On Mar 5, 2014, at 5:09 AM, Ron Criswell wrote: That's great Rev, I will have try that one. Once I was called on a DUI trial. They asked me if I could give probation to a DUI driver. I said as a motorcycle rider who was run over (hit and run) by a drunk who was caught by a witness 2 blocks later.....no, I have no regrets about throwing them under the jail. No further questions, I was excused. The only trial I wished I had served on was a murder with a bow and arrow. My wife served on a murder trial once where the guy was clearly guilty, he got off with a lesser sentence because one starry eyed juror believed the man was a good man by looking into his eyes and she just knew he was incapable of such a horrible crime. My wife refuses to serve on anymore murder trials because of a bias over that case. A friend (liberal and still is) was pistole whipped, robbed, they threatened to kill him and his wife in their driveway by two longtime hoods. They were caught, identified in a lineup, lengthy records both had. The jury (stacked in their favor if you know what I mean) and let them off. They will kill somebody, maybe already have. Justice. Criswell Sent from my iPad On Mar 4, 2014, at 5:36 PM, Martin Earl wrote: My jury s lection Voir Dire: Lawyer:  Sir, have you or a member of your family been a victim of a crime?Me:  Does having a dope-head offer to slash your throat with a screw driver while holding you by the shirt count?Lawyer:  No further questions.   You are excused. revmaaatin. yes Virginia, true story. On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM, zoot  wrote: [u][/u] Seems to me like an opportunity to show up in a "Nuke and Pave" t-shirt and see if you get selected.t. [b]From:[/b] mike21b@...[b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, March 04, 2014 11:05 AM[b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com[b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY?  My wife is still a legal CA resident, although she is usually here in PA  with me. She's been called to jury duty, informed the court that she is  in PA, and was excused with no problems. As for me, despite being a registered voter for 35+ years, I have never  once been called to jury duty. Mike On 3/4/2014 11:04 AM, Jeff Khoury wrote: > > Not so here in California. They accept very few excuses. > > -Jeff Khoury > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "John Biccum" > To: "Martin Earl" , "mark ward" > Cc: "List KLR" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Monday, March 3, 2014 1:40:50 PM > Subject: RE: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? > > I received a jury summons in King County Washington. I *wanted* to  > serve on the jury, thinking it was my civic duty. But the date they  > proposed was in the middle of a business trip to DC. > > I asked the County for another date and they simply told me to forget  > the summons, they would note I couldn't attend and would summon  > someone else. > > So I suspect that one wishing to so something else at that time would  > find little trouble with the summons provided they RESPONDED to it in  > a timely matter. > > I'd love to do Moab again. The time proposed will probably work for me  > but my work calendar might not cooperate so I'd likely be tentative  > until a couple weeks before departure. > > From: Martin Earl > Sent: 3/3/2014 11:37 > To: mark ward > Cc: List KLR > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Moab & JURY DUTY? > > Mark, > It is a jury notice unless the Dr. prescribes UTAH therapy. > > Let me check my injury-schedule. cough. > > I didn't have a 'dislocated rib' scheduled last year but got one  > anyway. sigh. > still not over that one completely. sigh. again. > > maybe I can schedule a different injury this year or at least,  > earlier/later in the year. > IVO that thought, I managed to log 400 miles of Black Hills paved  > canyons during January on my 685 rebuild. > What a nice mod...or upgrade. > The bike had 57K on the clock and was using 8-10oz of oil every fill  > up. It was time for a fresh piston and cylinder. smile. > Hopefully good for another 60K. grin. > > revmaaatin. > > On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:42 AM, mark ward  nomad59@... >  > wrote: > > Anyone Planning on Moab yet > > Have not heard much "chatter" after asking a month(+-_) ago about Moab  > in May/June, but figured IF I was able to make it I would want to  > leave soon enough to ride, 9-10 days EARLY, > to wonder back roads & trails across the country, UNLIKE last years  > trucking the bike, straight threw 1,500 miles. (SO leave about May 10) > > Now I get a JURY NOTICE for May 12th. > > Ya think the judge will except I'm PLANNING a Dual Sport Trip  > toEXPLORE the country, as a "valid" excuse to be relieved? > > (HONEST JUDGE, I KNOW THE KLR650 IS THE BIKE OF THE GODS, BUT.., IT IS  > JUST NOT SAFE, FOR THE KLR TO MAKE THE TRIP TO MOAB ON IT'S  > OWN.............. somebody has to check the air filter & oil.) > > 

Walter Mitty

moab & jury duty? nklr

Post by Walter Mitty » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:34 pm

I Texas jury summons comes regular U.S. mail, no proof of receipt, no real obligation to show up.

mark ward

moab & jury duty? nklr

Post by mark ward » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:12 pm

In Michigan,  A court date can be sent Regular mail, and if you do not show, a WARRENT IS PUT OUT FOR YOU.  LIFE FACT, 14+- Years ago, I got back on Friday (11pm) from 10 weeks corporate Tech. School training, to find a summons in my mail box, to be in court at 9am Monday. Monday, 7am, I jumped in the service van, radioed in and was sent south, away from town, and at about 9:05 I remembered... ...... OOPS So I called the court trying to explain. I was told a warrant had already been maid for my ARREST. (YES! JUST 5 MINUTES LATE.) Reason? After arguing with the "warrant officer" for about 10 minutes, I was told  The Child support office did not have my current address. I then stated, ALL MY CHECKS AND! THE ENVELOPES I SEND TO THERE OFFICE, HAVE MY ADRESS ON THEM. I then stated, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHERE I LIVE, THEN HOW DID THE COURT SEND THE NOTICE TO MY.......CURENT ADRESS! He asked me to hold a minute, (5-6) then confirmed my address and said, don't worry, I'll take care of this. 
[b]From:[/b] Walter Mitty [b]To:[/b] "DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:13 PM [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_KLR650] Re: Moab & JURY DUTY? NKLR   I Texas jury summons comes regular U.S. mail, no proof of receipt, no real obligation to show up.

Martin

moab & jury duty? nklr

Post by Martin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:04 pm

I must admit it to being very ashamed of attitude being exhibited by most (all!) of the posters on this subject .. You are all full of wise ASS comments of why you should not serve on a jury... You all think you are.... Oh..... so smart, oh .....so witty...etc, etc, Well I think you are ......oh...... so stupid and selfish. Without a functioning judicial system (badly flawed as it may be) there cannot be a functioning civil society. Criminals will continue to rape and rob, etc with impunity knowing that the vast majority of the citizens (THAT MEANS YOU!) are too concerned with their own self centred little lives to stand up and be counted! The legal system may be flawed, it may be inefficient, at times it may be corrupt but it is the best we have. Instead of sneering why don't you play your part in trying to make it work? Look at Putin walking into Europe un impeded by by law...is that the kind of society you want? Keep up your shitty attitude and that's what you will get...and you know what...that's what you will deserve! Don't bother flaming me...just look in the mirror... Disgusted M. Polach Sent from my iPad