need a cupholder?

DSN_KLR650
mark ward

curiousosity, klr glass fuse question

Post by mark ward » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:46 am

Hey All

Anyone ever figure out WHY Kawasaki put BOTH TYPE'S of Fuses on the KLR650?
(STANDARD AND GLASS, that can be very hard to find in some places.)

I changed my glass to the standard flat-blade plastic, Any reason I should have left it glass tube?

Just gave KLR pointers to a friend here in West Michigan who is leaving in 1-2days, TO RIDE AND DELIVER (donate) a New KLR650 to Peru, to a "non"-profit group  that trains locals in need of work skills how to repair DS motorcycles. (DS. bike tours and rentals is a big and growing business there.)  

A-Team

need a cupholder?

Post by A-Team » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:42 pm

A very cheap ($.40 cents) KLR coffee cup holder is to cut a small 2 or 3 inch section of 3-inch diameter PVC pipe.  Take the cut ring and attach to exhaust side luggage rack with a hose clamp.   Most all thermo type coffee cups will fit nicely, also stays warm next to pipe.   [b]From:[/b] josephgrove42@... [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, September 04, 2013 3:38 PM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_KLR650] need a cupholder?     I often ride to work and stop by for a cup of coffee and pastry to take to the office, or after lunch at a fast food place, I want to take a drink back to the office. The problem? Where to put them while I ride. I went looking for a cup-holder I could in some way adapt to my KLR. I found it among the bicycle accessories. Bell makes one to attach to bicycle handle bars. It is just a mental ring to set the cup in and it works well. It will mount to the KLR handle bars on the left side right next to the mirror mount. Works great. Joe Grove Issaquah, WA