tool ect. (gas) canister

DSN_KLR650
Kevin Powers

tool ect. (gas) canister

Post by Kevin Powers » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 am

Welding rod tubes are another option, but don't have the mounting tabs that the tractor manual tubes have. On the other hand they are designed waterproof to keep rods dry. A lot of folks mount the tubes with hose clamps rather than using the tabs. -- Kevin Powers Woodbury, MN [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Kevin

our tax dollars at work.

Post by Kevin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:36 am

Department of Vehicle Services reports that the time to process a title is currently four months. Which is a problem if you bought a bike two months ago and want to go to Mexico. Cover me, I'm wading into the bureaucracy. Kevin

RobertWichert

our tax dollars at work.

Post by RobertWichert » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 am

Where are you, Kevin? I'll watch your back, but it would be interesting to know who takes this long to process a title. In CA it's easy to get a temporary. Doesn't Mexico honor that? Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C +1 916 966 9060 FAX +1 916 966 9068 ===============================================
On 10/16/2012 8:36 AM, Kevin wrote: > > Department of Vehicle Services reports that the time to process a > title is currently four months. Which is a problem if you bought a > bike two months ago and want to go to Mexico. > > Cover me, I'm wading into the bureaucracy. > > Kevin > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Mike Frey

our tax dollars at work.

Post by Mike Frey » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:51 am

4 months? What state is that? PA takes about a week to do titles (you have to pay extra but it's usually worth it)
On 10/16/2012 11:36 AM, Kevin wrote: > > Department of Vehicle Services reports that the time to process a > title is currently four months. Which is a problem if you bought a > bike two months ago and want to go to Mexico. > > Cover me, I'm wading into the bureaucracy. > > Kevin > >

mark ward

our tax dollars at work.

Post by mark ward » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Mi. says a 3days for Extra $$$, but usualy comes in 6-10 days anyways. Mexico & Titles???? Going into Canada we only need our registration, and thats IF we get pulled over, just as in the USA. Do you also need your Title to go to Mexico?? (I have 10 friends leaving to go there thur.'s)
--- On Tue, 10/16/12, RobertWichert wrote: From: RobertWichert Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Our tax dollars at work. To: "Kevin" Cc: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 3:49 PM Where are you, Kevin? I'll watch your back, but it would be interesting to know who takes this long to process a title. In CA it's easy to get a temporary. Doesn't Mexico honor that? Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C +1 916 966 9060 FAX +1 916 966 9068 =============================================== On 10/16/2012 8:36 AM, Kevin wrote: > > Department of Vehicle Services reports that the time to process a > title is currently four months. Which is a problem if you bought a > bike two months ago and want to go to Mexico. > > Cover me, I'm wading into the bureaucracy. > > Kevin > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Eddie

our tax dollars at work.

Post by Eddie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:43 pm

eddie
> [Original Message] > From: Mike Frey > To: List KLR DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> > Date: 10/16/2012 11:52:05 AM > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Our tax dollars at work. > > 4 months? What state is that? > > PA takes about a week to do titles (you have to pay extra but it's > usually worth it) > > On 10/16/2012 11:36 AM, Kevin wrote: > > > > Department of Vehicle Services reports that the time to process a > > title is currently four months. Which is a problem if you bought a > > bike two months ago and want to go to Mexico. > > > > Cover me, I'm wading into the bureaucracy. > > > > Kevin > > > >
I bought a bike in Alabama on Sept. 4. I applied for Georgia registration the next day and had my title in hand 9 days later on the 14th. In this computer day and age, four months is absurd. eddi

Kevin Powers

our tax dollars at work.

Post by Kevin Powers » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Four months is what it is taking here in MN. On the DVS web site it says they are working on title applications from July 3rd, which should be available in two weeks. I spoke to Agent #37, who told me he thought my reason for needing an expedited title would meet their guidelines (although he wasn't allowed to tell me what those guidelines are) and that I should receive a call by Thursday telling me whether I qualified and, if so, where to send the $20 special fee which would get me a title in 10 days. That is in addition to the $3.50 SPV Fee, $7.25 Title Fee, $162.50 Excise Tax, and $10.00 County Fee. This in a state where the Governor touts that he streamlined permitting processes. -- Kevin Powers Woodbury, MN [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

RobertWichert

our tax dollars at work.

Post by RobertWichert » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Nothing like a bride to speed things up, eh? Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C +1 916 966 9060 FAX +1 916 966 9068 ===============================================
On 10/16/2012 1:15 PM, Kevin Powers wrote: > > Four months is what it is taking here in MN. On the DVS web site it says > they are working on title applications from July 3rd, which should be > available in two weeks. I spoke to Agent #37, who told me he thought my > reason for needing an expedited title would meet their guidelines > (although > he wasn't allowed to tell me what those guidelines are) and that I should > receive a call by Thursday telling me whether I qualified and, if so, > where > to send the $20 special fee which would get me a title in 10 days. That is > in addition to the $3.50 SPV Fee, $7.25 Title Fee, $162.50 Excise Tax, and > $10.00 County Fee. > > This in a state where the Governor touts that he streamlined permitting > processes. > > -- > Kevin Powers > Woodbury, MN > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Shane

our tax dollars at work.

Post by Shane » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Wow, here in FL. St. Lucie Co., we can pay an extra $20 and leave with the new title! Of course it cost's $400.- + to transfer an out of state title into FL.!
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Powers wrote: > > Four months is what it is taking here in MN. On the DVS web site it says > they are working on title applications from July 3rd, which should be > available in two weeks. I spoke to Agent #37, who told me he thought my > reason for needing an expedited title would meet their guidelines (although > he wasn't allowed to tell me what those guidelines are) and that I should > receive a call by Thursday telling me whether I qualified and, if so, where > to send the $20 special fee which would get me a title in 10 days. That is > in addition to the $3.50 SPV Fee, $7.25 Title Fee, $162.50 Excise Tax, and > $10.00 County Fee. > > This in a state where the Governor touts that he streamlined permitting > processes. > > -- > Kevin Powers > Woodbury, MN > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >

Tam a'Rack

our tax dollars at work.

Post by Tam a'Rack » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Really? It takes about 2 weeks here in Arkansas. ________________________________ From: Kevin To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:36 AM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Our tax dollars at work. Department of Vehicle Services reports that the time to process a title is currently four months. Which is a problem if you bought a bike two months ago and want to go to Mexico. Cover me, I'm wading into the bureaucracy. Kevin [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]