07&11 rear caliper fit?

DSN_KLR650
jenJBphun@cs.com

hello

Post by jenJBphun@cs.com » Thu Sep 28, 2000 9:09 am

I got a KLR about a year ago, but I would like to raise it back to the normal height. I think the person who had it before (ex- boyfriend) lowered it in some way. Can anyone tell me where I can get this information? Thank you. -Jennifer

Fred Hink

hello

Post by Fred Hink » Thu Sep 28, 2000 9:19 am

[b]Hello Jennifer,[/b] [b][/b]  [b]Anyone that has their KLR lowered has changed out the linkage on the rear shock.  Your "ex" should have the original link or I bet you can find someone on this list that has an extra link that they would give you.[/b] [b][/b]  [b]Come on guys, help Jennifer out.[/b] [b][/b]  [b]Fred[/b] [b]www.arrowheadmotorsports.com [/b] [b][/b] 
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] jenJBphun@... [b]To:[/b] DSN_klr650@egroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Thursday, September 28, 2000 7:09 AM [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_klr650] hello I got a KLR about a year ago, but I would like to raise it back to the normal height.  I think the person who had it before (ex- boyfriend) lowered it in some way.  Can anyone tell me where I can get this information?  Thank you.              -Jennifer Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

frjsmithjr@webtv.net

hello

Post by frjsmithjr@webtv.net » Sat Jan 06, 2001 6:00 pm

Hi Dave: Welcome to the list (and another webtv'r yet). Jim Smith COG# 4469 Y2K Connie '01 KLR 650

bill2499us@yahoo.com

hello

Post by bill2499us@yahoo.com » Wed Apr 11, 2001 11:32 pm

Hi to all of you. I have been a member of this list for a short while. I was toying with the idea of buying an off/on road bike to compliment my 1976 R60/6 (read something to ride while I worked on the Airhead)I hadn't really made up my mind until I attended the M/C show at the Javitz Center in NYC back in Feb. What a wonderland of motorcycles. There was the KLR 650 A15 all decked out in factory accesories. Upon my return to New Mexico with my mind made up,I had to come up with the cash. To make a long story short I picked up my new KLR 650 yesterday and rode it home in the snow with a big grin on my frozen face. I live in Gallup,NM and the weather is still pretty grim.I have already ordered the Repair book and suppliment from my dealer. I hope this bike is as easy to work on as the R60. The information made available on this list is comparable to the ABC list for Airheads.Thanks for your time and use of the bandwidth. I'm not too great a typist so I hope this looks ok. Bill Keeler A15,R60/6

Susan Moorhead

hello

Post by Susan Moorhead » Fri Apr 13, 2001 8:10 pm

Bill, Congrats on the new KLR. Hope you have as much fun with yours as I have with my KLX. I too am relatively new to this list and everyone has been helpful, and makes everyone that writes in feel welcome. I've already discovered on lister less than 10 miles from me, always great to meet a fellow biker. Good luck with the new ride. Marshall in Afton, OK '95 KLXC3
----- Original Message ----- From: To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 11:32 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Hello > Hi to all of you. I have been a member of this list for a short > while. > I was toying with the idea of buying an off/on road bike to > compliment > my 1976 R60/6 (read something to ride while I worked on the Airhead)I > hadn't really made up my mind until I attended the M/C show at the > Javitz Center in NYC back in Feb. What a wonderland of motorcycles. > > There was the KLR 650 A15 all decked out in factory > accesories. Upon my return to New Mexico with my mind made up,I had > to > come up with the cash. To make a long story short I picked up my new > KLR 650 yesterday and rode it home in the snow with a big grin on my > frozen face. I live in Gallup,NM and the weather is still pretty > grim.I have already ordered the Repair book and suppliment from my > dealer. I hope this bike is as easy to work on as the R60. The > information made available on this list is comparable to the ABC list > for Airheads.Thanks for your time and use of the bandwidth. I'm not > too great a typist so I hope this looks ok. Bill Keeler A15,R60/6 > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > http://www.geocities.com/~klrdsn/page2 > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ >

tigerfaraway@yahoo.com

hello

Post by tigerfaraway@yahoo.com » Wed Nov 21, 2001 5:53 pm

Group, I've been lurking for about six weeks, waiting to pick up my 2002 KLR650. Although I made the KLR decision without knowing about this group, I was glad to see such an active and helpful group for support and advice. Since I'll be starting the usual modifications and maintainence, it's likely that more of the same frustrations and pleasures will come my way. Good advice about Fred already--he's as helpful as folks say that he is, prompt and dependable for two orders in the past month. He shipped priority mail and stuff got to Hawaii quickly and in good condition. Jim Hall

hello

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:36 am

just curious as to if there are any klr riders from manitoba,canada on this list.

hello

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:06 am

Hi all, My name's Dan. I own a 1998 KLR650. So far I love the bike to death. ;) I've got a full set of Wolfman Luggage's alpha packs, so far I haven't had a chance to use anything but the tank bag, but that will change soon. Just wanted to say hello to the group. Now to look through the archives. :) ---Dan

Mark St.Hilaire, Sr

hello

Post by Mark St.Hilaire, Sr » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:03 pm

> My name's Dan. I own a 1998 KLR650. So far I love the bike to > death. ;) I've got a full set of Wolfman Luggage's alpha packs, so > far I haven't had a chance to use anything but the tank bag, but > that will change soon. Just wanted to say hello to the group. Now to > look through the archives. :) ---Dan
Welcome to the community, Dan! I bet you'll have more fun on your KLR than on anything else you may have owned! Mark KLR650 Motorcycle Pages: http://klr6500.tripod.com/ HomePage: http://home.adelphia.net/~msaint/index.html My Adelphia Email can be "iffy." If you don't get a response, please try: KLR6500@...

Rick

hello

Post by Rick » Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:19 pm

New to the group. I will mostly just lurk. I used to own an 88 KLR. It was my first bike. I currently own a 96 ST1100, and a 98 TL1000R. I'm thinking of adding a KLR back to the collection though. Are there any dual piston calipers that can be adapted to the KLR? Also, I saw reference to an FAQ section. Where is this located? Thanks, Rick San Diego, CA