oil filters

DSN_KLR650
Jake Jakeman

doohickey

Post by Jake Jakeman » Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:52 am

Patience, please, boys and girls! Now preparing the first eight balancer chain adjuster levers for the journey up to the heat treater in SLC. Several listers are torn down and waiting for theirs. You can e-mail me if you're interested, and I can shoot you a pic of the latest stage of manufacture. Trying to get these off to heat treat this weekend. Jake You're welcome to visit my website at:
_________________________________________________________________ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com

Steven Wilson

doohickey

Post by Steven Wilson » Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:41 pm

Listers! I just came on the list in March, 02. Boy am I glad I settled on the KLR650 puchase I made in March, 02. How did I do it? I sat on it at the dealership and liked the upright seating position. I hadn't read squat about the bike. Basically selected my wife thirty years ago the same way. Both have been good selections. By the way, what's a doohickey? __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Games - play chess, backgammon, pool and more http://games.yahoo.com/

Wayne Watson

doohickey

Post by Wayne Watson » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:34 pm

About the doohickey: Did they start using these parts in 1996 or did they try to improve them in 1996? WayneW --------------------------------- Do You Yahoo!? New! SBC Yahoo! Dial - 1st Month Free & unlimited access [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

klrz4ever

doohickey

Post by klrz4ever » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:54 pm

> About the doohickey: > > Did they start using these parts in 1996 or did they try to improve
them in 1996?
> > WayneW >
I believe the doohickey stayed the same (quality may have gotten worse) but they changed the adjuster bolt and added a washer. __Arden Kysely

Cox SMTP east

doohickey

Post by Cox SMTP east » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:46 am

Am under the right understanding that the failure occurs on 95 and older klrs? I have an 91 with abiout 18,000 on it and have never really any problems or adjusted it..thanks..john [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Wayne Watson

doohickey

Post by Wayne Watson » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:27 am

Do you mean 95 and newer KLR650? I have a 91 with 25K on it with no problems. I hope to not have the doohickey problem. I always thought you just drive the hell out of these engines and do a little maintenance and they last a long time, I've done this with every other bike I've owned. Wayne --------------------------------- Do You Yahoo!? New! SBC Yahoo! Dial - 1st Month Free & unlimited access [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

dooden

doohickey

Post by dooden » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:53 pm

"doohickey" NOUN: Informal. A small specialized mechanical device: concern, contraption, contrivance, gadget, gimmick, jigger, thing. Informal : doodad, widget. Slang : gizmo. See MACHINE Credit: Roget's II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition. 1995.

Bryan Loehr

doohickey

Post by Bryan Loehr » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:59 pm

Listers, I've been off the list for many months. I request that someone reply to me off list as to what a doohickey is and why it's referred to so much. I know it's been hashed over quite a bit, that's why I'm asking for an off list response. Thanks, Bryan Loehr Santa Cruz, California '00 1150GS '99 KLR650 '86 Old Town Discovery 158

wannabsmooth1

doohickey

Post by wannabsmooth1 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:40 pm

There is now another source for the famous eccentic adjustment plate - doohickey - made of a different material (IMHO better), that comes with a MUCH better spring than has been available before. check out http://www.fayettemotorcycles.com/fayette-motorcycles/ go to Zen motorcycle products. happy Friday! Mike

Zachariah Mully

doohickey

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:58 pm

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 15:40, wannabsmooth1 wrote:
> There is now another source for the famous eccentic adjustment plate - > doohickey - made of a different material (IMHO better), that comes > with a MUCH better spring than has been available before. check out > http://www.fayettemotorcycles.com/fayette-motorcycles/ go to Zen > motorcycle products. > > happy Friday! >
I've been waiting to see how long it'd take to get a doohickey competitor. Looks to be that Eagle Machine (Elden's preferred machine shop) is doing all the work for the boys that bought out all of Elden's old Honda shop. Cool... Z DC