gasket removal ?

DSN_KLR650
jonkertb@ccrtc.com

new non healthcare topic

Post by jonkertb@ccrtc.com » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 am

as suggested we were to come up with a topic that we could all agree on so here is my attempt..... name one project or service that the government has done more efficiently than the private sector?? tom battery is charged up....

roncriswell@sbcglobal.net

new non healthcare topic

Post by roncriswell@sbcglobal.net » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:51 am

Can someone give me any Prostate advice? Criswell
On Mar 9, 2010, at 10:29 AM, jonkertb@... wrote:   as suggested we were to come up with a topic that we could all agree on so here is my attempt..... name one project or service that the government has done more efficiently than the private sector?? tom battery is charged up....

revmaaatin

new non healthcare topic

Post by revmaaatin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:56 am

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, jonkertb@... wrote:
> > as suggested we were to come up with a topic that we could all agree on so > here is my attempt..... > > > name one project or service that the government has done more efficiently > than the private sector?? > > tom > battery is charged up.... >
United States Marines. Since 1776. revmaaatin. Captain. USMC-R 1978-1986

revmaaatin

gasket removal ?

Post by revmaaatin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:14 am

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Jud" wrote:
> > > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Bogdan Swider wrote: > > > > > > > > > > Anyone willing to share strategies on speeding up gasket removal ? The cover > > gasket on the right, clutch, side has lived there for 71k miles. Been > > using a single edge razor, a chisel, brass brush and dental tools. Also > > applies some brake parts cleaner with a toothbrush. So far a painfully slow > > process. Any advice appreciated. > > > > Bogdan > > > > For the really stubborn ones, I use Permatex gasket remover and a blade of some kind. Razor blade, penknife, putty knife, gasket scraper. I don't like what a wire wheel will do to an alloy surface, but I suppose there wire wheels and then there are wire wheels. Bead blasting might be quick; I don't have the equipment at hand. > > Sometimes a popsicle stick will work, if the nasty chemicals have done their work well. Sometimes it goes quickly, sometimes not. Think of it as a meditation. >
Safety Nazi, switched ON. No one has mentioned the safety issues- But Nitrile gloves will go a long way in protecting your hands from the chemicals. While doing a a 4 barrel carb rebuild (full immersion cleaner) as a kid, I managed to chemically peel my hands--skin come off like potato chips. It was here at the KLR forum, I learned about Nitrile gloves, as someone was posting pictures with 'blue gloves'. Can be obtained at Walmart in the automotive section, or Harbor Freight (sales, loss leaders) from time to time. I am certain, Other stores have them...where I live there are not that many stores, choices. The older you get, the less resilient your skin; and some of this wonderful chemical is directly absorbed through your skin and is captured in your liver. Lovely thought. From what I read, you would do well to protect your skin while changing the oil as well. revmaaatin. safety glasses suggested as well for wire wheeling, scraping, and chemical spraying. ps. last time I looked, not a single blind KLR rider.

fasteddiecopeman

new non healthcare topic

Post by fasteddiecopeman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:45 am

Tom, Here goes:
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, jonkertb@... wrote: > name one project or service that the government has done more efficiently > than the private sector?? Keeping criminally incompetent, corrupt individuals (politicians) off street corners.... Ed

fasteddiecopeman

new non healthcare topic

Post by fasteddiecopeman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:48 am

Ron, Stay on top of your PSI levels. Cheers, Ed
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "roncriswell@..." wrote: > > Can someone give me any Prostate advice? > > Criswell

Jeff Khoury

new non healthcare topic

Post by Jeff Khoury » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:49 am

#ygrps-yiv-1867623960 p {margin:0;} --snip-- United States Marines. Since 1776. revmaaatin. Captain. USMC-R 1978-1986 --/snip-- Except between 1783-1798, when they were disbanded. ;-)

Scott Reitor

new non healthcare topic

Post by Scott Reitor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:17 pm

With all due respect (which is quite a bit) to the Department of the Navy's boys club aka the fighting branch of the USN: US Army since June 14, 1775 Scott CPT, JA, USA
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Jeff Khoury wrote: --snip-- United States Marines. Since 1776. revmaaatin. Captain. USMC-R 1978-1986 --/snip-- Except between 1783-1798, when they were disbanded. ;-)

revmaaatin

new non healthcare topic

Post by revmaaatin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:27 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Scott Reitor wrote:
> > With all due respect (which is quite a bit) to the Department of the Navy's > boys club aka the fighting branch of the USN: > > US Army since June 14, 1775 > > Scott > > CPT, JA, USA
Hi Scott- A have sinned; WIKI: Captain Samuel Nicholas formed two battalions of Continental Marines on 10 November 1775 in Philadelphia as naval infantry. I mistated the USMC date as there was no US prior to the declaration, as most do not understand how our forces could predate the declaration. and Thank you for your service. revmaaatin. to old to serve, but not to old to appreciate those that serve.