harleys

DSN_KLR650
Fred Hink

arrowhead motorsport falsely accused

Post by Fred Hink » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:28 pm

The owner of the KLR650.net site and Eagle Mike have created a situation on that other site that is totally bogus. My business has been accused of selling copied Doohickey Parts. This started over a year ago. I asked for any proof to those allegations. Not one person has ever stated that they have received any copied Doohickey parts from my business. My defense on the KLR650.net site was that this couldn't be true since at the time I was accused, those copied parts didn't even exist. My statements were met with accusations that I was lying. I have proof from Studebaker Distributing that those parts were not made until about 6 months after Eagle Mike sold his parts to Studebaker and he accused me of selling the copied parts. There has never been any proof to these allogations. I will state again, that Arrowhead Motorsports has never sold copied Doohickey parts or any other part that we could not get from the original manufacturer. The owner of KLR650.net has black listed me because of these allogations. When I spoke the truth in my defense his action was to ban me from his forum. He can run his forum anyway he wants but to deny any chance of getting the truth out there is shameful. I am not the only one that he has treated this way. Eagle Mike is a great guy and helpful to a lot of KLR riders. I ended my business dealings with Eagle over a year ago but that doesn't mean I am not able to sell some of his parts. You can be assured that the Doohickey parts I sell are from the original manufacturer. If anyone is interested in knowing my side of this story, I'd appreciate the chance to set the record straight. I welcome any and all questions or comments about this situation. Fred www.arrowheadmotorsports.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Tengai Mark Van Horn

Post by Tengai Mark Van Horn » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:40 pm

At 8:28 PM -0600 7/18/09, Fred Hink wrote:
>The owner of the KLR650.net site and Eagle Mike have created a >situation on that other site that is totally bogus. My business has >been accused of selling copied Doohickey Parts. This started over a >year ago. I asked for any proof to those allegations. Not one >person has ever stated that they have received any copied Doohickey >parts from my business. My defense on the KLR650.net site was that >this couldn't be true since at the time I was accused, those copied >parts didn't even exist. My statements were met with accusations >that I was lying. I have proof from Studebaker Distributing that >those parts were not made until about 6 months after Eagle Mike sold >his parts to Studebaker and he accused me of selling the copied >parts.....
Although I have no reason to not take your word for it, so what if you did? As long as you didn't market them as "genuine Eagle Mike" you're in the clear anyway. And I thought you guys were all one big happy family. Too bad Jake isn't alive to see this; he'd be tickled by the strife. Seriously, best of luck in clearing things up. Mark

Fred Hink

Post by Fred Hink » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks Mark, After I dropped the Eagle parts from my lineup, I decided that since I was still putting in all the work answering customers questions, that I might as well be paid for my time and that is when I decided after a time to sell the Eagle lever again. It has always been advertised as an Eagle part and I have been accused of switching this part for the copied part. Totaly false. Yes, I agree. It would be very entertaining if Jake was still with us. Like I said before, Mike is a great guy and my decision to not sell his products was purely a business decision. This will only be cleared up by being honest and open, which I have tried to do since starting my business almost 20 years ago. Fred
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tengai Mark Van Horn" To: "Fred Hink" Cc: "KLR List" DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2009 8:39 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Arrowhead Motorsport falsely accused > At 8:28 PM -0600 7/18/09, Fred Hink wrote: >>The owner of the KLR650.net site and Eagle Mike have created a situation >>on that other site that is totally bogus. My business has been accused of >>selling copied Doohickey Parts. This started over a year ago. I asked >>for any proof to those allegations. Not one person has ever stated that >>they have received any copied Doohickey parts from my business. My >>defense on the KLR650.net site was that this couldn't be true since at the >>time I was accused, those copied parts didn't even exist. My statements >>were met with accusations that I was lying. I have proof from Studebaker >>Distributing that those parts were not made until about 6 months after >>Eagle Mike sold his parts to Studebaker and he accused me of selling the >>copied parts..... > > Although I have no reason to not take your word for it, so what if you > did? As long as you didn't market them as "genuine Eagle Mike" you're in > the clear anyway. > And I thought you guys were all one big happy family. Too bad Jake isn't > alive to see this; he'd be tickled by the strife. > Seriously, best of luck in clearing things up. > > Mark

aphampton628

Post by aphampton628 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:56 am

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hink" wrote:
> > The owner of the KLR650.net site and Eagle Mike have created a situation on that other site that is totally bogus. My business has been accused of selling copied Doohickey Parts. This started over a year ago. I asked for any proof to those allegations. Not one person has ever stated that they have received any copied Doohickey parts from my business. My defense on the KLR650.net site was that this couldn't be true since at the time I was accused, those copied parts didn't even exist. My statements were met with accusations that I was lying. I have proof from Studebaker Distributing that those parts were not made until about 6 months after Eagle Mike sold his parts to Studebaker and he accused me of selling the copied parts. There has never been any proof to these allogations. I will state again, that Arrowhead Motorsports has never sold copied Doohickey parts or any other part that we could not get from the original manufacturer. > > The owner of KLR650.net has black listed me because of these allogations. When I spoke the truth in my defense his action was to ban me from his forum. He can run his forum anyway he wants but to deny any chance of getting the truth out there is shameful. I am not the only one that he has treated this way. > > Eagle Mike is a great guy and helpful to a lot of KLR riders. I ended my business dealings with Eagle over a year ago but that doesn't mean I am not able to sell some of his parts. You can be assured that the Doohickey parts I sell are from the original manufacturer. If anyone is interested in knowing my side of this story, I'd appreciate the chance to set the record straight. I welcome any and all questions or comments about this situation. > > Fred > www.arrowheadmotorsports.com
The Mike Cowlishaw and Glen Cruise alliance has always been an unholy one. They feed off of each other and squash anyone who dares to have a differing opinion. Alan

John K

Post by John K » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:36 am

It's why I'm here, and not there. --John K aka Jack90210 Fred Hink wrote:
> The owner of KLR650.net has black listed me because of these allogations. When I spoke the truth in my defense his action was to ban me from his forum. He can run his forum anyway he wants but to deny any chance of getting the truth out there is shameful. I am not the only one that he has treated this way.

geobas

Post by geobas » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:32 pm

Gentlemen, Mike is the most generous contributor on the List, not only in knowledge but in time, space and expenses. Any time spent with him will always add a little lagniappe to your day. George in Rancho Berrnardo
On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 9:34 AM, John K wrote: > > > It's why I'm here, and not there. > > --John K > aka Jack90210 > > Fred Hink wrote: >> The owner of KLR650.net has black listed me because of these allogations. >> When I spoke the truth in my defense his action was to ban me from his >> forum. He can run his forum anyway he wants but to deny any chance of >> getting the truth out there is shameful. I am not the only one that he has >> treated this way. >

Barron Koralesky

Post by Barron Koralesky » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:24 pm

I don't know anything about this conflict other that what you wrote below, but if it helps I ordered a doohickey kit from Arrowhead in about September 2007. The kit I got was packaged and labeled as an Eagle Mike kit with two springs the heavy-duty lever and the instructions from Eagle Mike. I was very happy with the service from Arrowhead and also with the kit from Mike. Good luck resolving this, -Barron
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hink" wrote: > > The owner of the KLR650.net site and Eagle Mike have created a situation on that other site that is totally bogus. My business has been accused of selling copied Doohickey Parts. This started over a year ago. I asked for any proof to those allegations. Not one person has ever stated that they have received any copied Doohickey parts from my business. My defense on the KLR650.net site was that this couldn't be true since at the time I was accused, those copied parts didn't even exist. My statements were met with accusations that I was lying. I have proof from Studebaker Distributing that those parts were not made until about 6 months after Eagle Mike sold his parts to Studebaker and he accused me of selling the copied parts. There has never been any proof to these allogations. I will state again, that Arrowhead Motorsports has never sold copied Doohickey parts or any other part that we could not get from the original manufacturer. > > The owner of KLR650.net has black listed me because of these allogations. When I spoke the truth in my defense his action was to ban me from his forum. He can run his forum anyway he wants but to deny any chance of getting the truth out there is shameful. I am not the only one that he has treated this way. > > Eagle Mike is a great guy and helpful to a lot of KLR riders. I ended my business dealings with Eagle over a year ago but that doesn't mean I am not able to sell some of his parts. You can be assured that the Doohickey parts I sell are from the original manufacturer. If anyone is interested in knowing my side of this story, I'd appreciate the chance to set the record straight. I welcome any and all questions or comments about this situation. > > Fred > www.arrowheadmotorsports.com > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >

West Hovland

Post by West Hovland » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:12 pm

Fred, sorry for the strife you have been put though. I've always cringed at the hypocrisy on the .net site but "try" to keep my mouth shut about it. All my dealing with Arrowhead have been a positive and sometimes amazing experience. Keep up the good work. I have the Original Jake doohickey in my 01' that Jake handed to me personally in Moab. I do admire Mike's commitment to the KLR and all the help he has given others in person, on the phone or via the internet. As others have mentioned, selling a un-copyrighted knockoff is not illegal nor immoral unless somehow presented as the original. Glenn once threatened to ban me for being a "Liberal"... which I'm not. And he has actually culled some of my posts from threads which questioned his rationale. Some folks can't see beyond the hole they have their head stuck in. Ride Safe...
> The owner of the KLR650.net site and Eagle Mike have created a situation on that other site that is totally bogus. My business has been accused of selling copied Doohickey Parts. This started over a year ago. I asked for any proof to those allegations. Not one person has ever stated that they have received any copied Doohickey parts from my business. My defense on the KLR650.net site was that this couldn't be true since at the time I was accused, those copied parts didn't even exist. My statements were met with accusations that I was lying. I have proof from Studebaker Distributing that those parts were not made until about 6 months after Eagle Mike sold his parts to Studebaker and he accused me of selling the copied parts. There has never been any proof to these allegations. I will state again, that Arrowhead Motorsports has never sold copied Doohickey parts or any other part that we could not get from the original manufacturer. > > The owner of KLR650.net has black listed me because of these allegations. When I spoke the truth in my defense his action was to ban me from his forum. He can run his forum anyway he wants but to deny any chance of getting the truth out there is shameful. I am not the only one that he has treated this way. > > Eagle Mike is a great guy and helpful to a lot of KLR riders. I ended my business dealings with Eagle over a year ago but that doesn't mean I am not able to sell some of his parts. You can be assured that the Doohickey parts I sell are from the original manufacturer. If anyone is interested in knowing my side of this story, I'd appreciate the chance to set the record straight. I welcome any and all questions or comments about this situation. > > Fred > www.arrowheadmotorsports.com
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

dan.hinsch

Post by dan.hinsch » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:21 pm

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I have had my KLR since 02 and have bought a number of items from Fred, originally because of the DSN list, and then because of his knowledge and excellent customer service. I live in NW Indiana so I am pretty sure there are number of parts dealers closer to me than what Arrowhead is. I have always felt satisfied that my purchases were as described and that the times when I just asked for item that Fred would choose the appropriate part and tell me which one to get. I am not a KLR650NET member but when I did go there to see what was up I realized that the word "arrowhead" is blocked from posts on that site, so much for me searching and getting both sides of the story.:( Dan
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hink" wrote: > > The owner of the KLR650.net site and Eagle Mike have created a situation on that other site that is totally bogus. My business has been accused of selling copied Doohickey Parts. This started over a year ago. I asked for any proof to those allegations. Not one person has ever stated that they have received any copied Doohickey parts from my business. My defense on the KLR650.net site was that this couldn't be true since at the time I was accused, those copied parts didn't even exist. My statements were met with accusations that I was lying. I have proof from Studebaker Distributing that those parts were not made until about 6 months after Eagle Mike sold his parts to Studebaker and he accused me of selling the copied parts. There has never been any proof to these allogations. I will state again, that Arrowhead Motorsports has never sold copied Doohickey parts or any other part that we could not get from the original manufacturer. > > The owner of KLR650.net has black listed me because of these allogations. When I spoke the truth in my defense his action was to ban me from his forum. He can run his forum anyway he wants but to deny any chance of getting the truth out there is shameful. I am not the only one that he has treated this way. > > Eagle Mike is a great guy and helpful to a lot of KLR riders. I ended my business dealings with Eagle over a year ago but that doesn't mean I am not able to sell some of his parts. You can be assured that the Doohickey parts I sell are from the original manufacturer. If anyone is interested in knowing my side of this story, I'd appreciate the chance to set the record straight. I welcome any and all questions or comments about this situation. > > Fred > www.arrowheadmotorsports.com > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >

dan.hinsch

Post by dan.hinsch » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:22 pm

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I have had my KLR since 02 and have bought a number of items from Fred, originally because of the DSN list, and then because of his knowledge and excellent customer service. I live in NW Indiana so I am pretty sure there are number of parts dealers closer to me than what Arrowhead is. I have always felt satisfied that my purchases were as described and that the times when I just asked for item that Fred would choose the appropriate part and tell me which one to get. I am not a KLR650NET member but when I did go there to see what was up I realized that the word "arrowhead" is blocked from posts on that site, so much for me searching and getting both sides of the story.:( Dan