gps extrex legend at bi mart $99.00 ?

DSN_KLR650
Byrd

newby question..

Post by Byrd » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:47 am

well, I dropped the Kawi...standing still at a stop sign (no witnesses)...bent my clutch lever a little all, But where did the oil come from while it was down for those 5 seconds? It left just a little puddle there...I dont see any evidence of leak after the drop...probably a stoopid question. But I'de like to know. Thanks ]Byrd

Spike55

newby question..

Post by Spike55 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:50 am

Where exactly was the puddle relative to where the bike landed? The thing that spills most easily on the left side is the battery overflow (between the front & rear left-side footpegs). Another candidate is gas from the carb / tank breather tube. Or crankcase oil came up its breather tube (near top of battery) into the left side of the airbox and out by the seat location. Keep checking your crankcase oil level before each ride & during long rides until you get a sense if it is using any oil and if it is, how fast (varies with how hard you run it). Bent levers are a way of life. Don R100, A6F
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Byrd" wrote: > > well, I dropped the Kawi...standing still at a stop sign (no > witnesses)...bent my clutch lever a little all, But where did the oil > come from while it was down for those 5 seconds? It left just a little > puddle there...I dont see any evidence of leak after the > drop...probably a stoopid question. But I'de like to know. Thanks > > ]Byrd >

Bogdan Swider

newby question..

Post by Bogdan Swider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:54 am

On 2/16/09 7:47 AM, "Byrd" wrote:
> > > > well, I dropped the Kawi...standing still at a stop sign (no > witnesses)...bent my clutch lever a little all, But where did the oil > come from while it was down for those 5 seconds? It left just a little > puddle there...I dont see any evidence of leak after the > drop...probably a stoopid question. But I'de like to know. Thanks > > ]Byrd > > >
Are you sure it s oil, not gas mixed with some oil already on the road ? I ve dropped my ride more often than I d like to admit; I ve then seen or smelled gas I assumed came from the tank and or carb vent lines; never saw any oil. Is your oil fill cap on tight enough? It would have to be very loose to spill oil in 5 seconds. Bogdan, who hopes Dooden doesn t spill any Crown Royal [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

dooden

newby question..

Post by dooden » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Sure it was'nt battery acid or perhaps fuel overflow leaking ? Only possible oil I can think of is maybe out the air cleaner box drain, had oil build up in mine once after adding too much oil to the filter and after some time it dripped off, but mine was plugged with sand holding it in the tube. Not even sure where the crankcase vents to be honest. Dooden A15 Green Ape
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Byrd" wrote: > > well, I dropped the Kawi...standing still at a stop sign (no > witnesses)...bent my clutch lever a little all, But where did the oil > come from while it was down for those 5 seconds? It left just a little > puddle there...I dont see any evidence of leak after the > drop...probably a stoopid question. But I'de like to know. Thanks > > ]Byrd >

dooden

newby question..

Post by dooden » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:08 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Bogdan Swider wrote:
> > > > > On 2/16/09 7:47 AM, "Byrd" wrote: > > > > > > > > > well, I dropped the Kawi...standing still at a stop sign (no > > witnesses)...bent my clutch lever a little all, But where did the oil > > come from while it was down for those 5 seconds? It left just a little > > puddle there...I dont see any evidence of leak after the > > drop...probably a stoopid question. But I'de like to know. Thanks > > > > ]Byrd > > > > > > > Are you sure it s oil, not gas mixed with some oil already on the road ? > I ve dropped my ride more often than I d like to admit; I ve then
seen or
> smelled gas I assumed came from the tank and or carb vent lines;
never saw
> any oil. Is your oil fill cap on tight enough? It would have to be very > loose to spill oil in 5 seconds. > > Bogdan, who hopes Dooden doesn t spill any Crown Royal >
Damn... I just spilled a whole bunch of it actually, but thankfully had a tall glass standing by full of ice to collect it. ;-) Dooden A15 Green Ape

Ron and Brenda Moorhouse

newby question..

Post by Ron and Brenda Moorhouse » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:14 pm

Maybe it was already on the road! Ron Moorhouse ________________________________ From: Dooden To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 5:06:54 PM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Re: Newby question.. Sure it was'nt battery acid or perhaps fuel overflow leaking ? Only possible oil I can think of is maybe out the air cleaner box drain, had oil build up in mine once after adding too much oil to the filter and after some time it dripped off, but mine was plugged with sand holding it in the tube. Not even sure where the crankcase vents to be honest. Dooden A15 Green Ape
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com, "Byrd" wrote: > > well, I dropped the Kawi...standing still at a stop sign (no > witnesses).. .bent my clutch lever a little all, But where did the oil > come from while it was down for those 5 seconds? It left just a little > puddle there...I dont see any evidence of leak after the > drop...probably a stoopid question. But I'de like to know. Thanks > > ]Byrd > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Skypilot

gps extrex legend at bi mart $99.00 ?

Post by Skypilot » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:15 pm

I have a legend and a color legend. I don't read the screen. I leave it in the map pocket on top of the tank bag when I am exploring, especially in the woods. The major reason for it, and the one worth learning how to use in my opinion, is the track back feature. Get lost and you follow the arrow to follow your foot steps back out the way you came in. I don't really carry a gps to read while I am riding although the mileage calculator is cool. I carry it for those Aw Crap moments ~Chris [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

tredd_5457

newby question..

Post by tredd_5457 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Well Newby, the real truth can be found out by sending each of us $9 in cash. Send the money and we will tell you what was really leaking out of the KLR.... T ===================== Posted through Grouply, the better way to access your Yahoo Groups like this one. http://www.grouply.com/?code=post