california marriage decision--what now? chris rock! nklr

DSN_KLR650
D J

my 2001 has developed a clunking noise...

Post by D J » Thu May 01, 2008 8:56 pm

Between 25xx and 35xx RPM's there is a clunking I think in the tranny. The noise gets faster as the RPM's increase. I change gears and the noise starts again at the same 25xx to 35xx. It seems the same in all gears. Any and all ideas will be gratefully excepted. Jim ____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

E.L. Green

Post by E.L. Green » Thu May 01, 2008 8:59 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, D J wrote:
> Between 25xx and 35xx RPM's there is a clunking I > think in the tranny. The noise gets faster as the > RPM's increase.
Check your chain? I've gotten a "clunking" when the chain is knotting up because it's got sticky links, the engine makes more power at certain rpms and that's why it made more noise at those rpms. Also, dump your oil through a strainer and see if you get any chunks of metal. Chunks of metal bad :-).

mikeypep

Post by mikeypep » Fri May 02, 2008 11:35 am

I'd first check to see if it does it in neutral. That could isolate it to the engine. It may only do this under load. Then check out the drive line. If you can't isolate the noise have a buddy ride next to you. If all else fails, can you give us a better description of the "clunk"? Clunk like putting it into gear or clunk, like they all sound anyway? This is a raucous engine by nature.> ________________________________________________________________________ ____________
> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ
>

rcoker2882

Post by rcoker2882 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:14 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "E.L. Green" wrote:
> > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, D J wrote: > > Between 25xx and 35xx RPM's there is a clunking I > > think in the tranny. The noise gets faster as the > > RPM's increase. > > Check your chain? I've gotten a "clunking" when the chain is knotting > up because it's got sticky links, the engine makes more power at > certain rpms and that's why it made more noise at those rpms. Also, > dump your oil through a strainer and see if you get any chunks of > metal. Chunks of metal bad :-). >
I had the same thing at about 20K, it sounded like a gear was missing a tooth or something. Chain and sprockets fixed it. Ron

D J

Post by D J » Fri May 02, 2008 8:46 pm

I think my clunking noise is being caused by a locked or bent link in my chain. I only have 16,9xx on the chain and sprockets, but I guess I need to replace them. So who's should I buy and from who should I buy?? Thanks in advance Jim ____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Tengai Mark Van Horn

california marriage decision--what now? chris rock! nklr

Post by Tengai Mark Van Horn » Thu May 22, 2008 6:21 am

At 6:32 PM -0700 5/21/08, LD wrote:
> --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com, "Russell Scott" > wrote: > > Personally, I could care less what you talk about, as long as its > NKLR, and no personal attacks. > > > > As for homosexuality, it's a lot less healthy both mentally and > physically than smoking cigarettes. > >Would love to see this thread wrapped up, but could not resist >commenting on this bit of hypocrisy. I expect many would consider >your comment a personal attack if not on themself, then on a friend >or relative. This is the kind of couching behind the so called >teachings of the Lord crap that puts a reasonable person off >organized religeon.
Then you don't know what a personal attack is. Only a person with a fragile ego or a chip on his shoulder would think "I hate jerks" and "You're a jerk" mean the same thing. Mark