looking for alternatives ti ear plugs

DSN_KLR650
gej_69

29mm valve shims (got any used ones?)

Post by gej_69 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 pm

I plan to check my valve clearance in the morning. I'm certain I will need some shims. I'll know what sizes tomorrow. But just to get things going I thought I'd give this a try..... So anyone got some cheap! 06' KLR650 Metalmanic San Dimas, CA.

Jeff Saline

Post by Jeff Saline » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:44 pm

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 04:02:32 -0000 "gej_69" writes:
> I plan to check my valve clearance in the morning. I'm certain I will > > need some shims. I'll know what sizes tomorrow. But just to get > things > going I thought I'd give this a try..... So anyone got some cheap! > 06' KLR650 > Metalmanic > San Dimas, CA.
<><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><> Metalmanic, If you can't get them easily at the Kawasaki dealer you might consider trying a BMW motorcycle dealer. The F650 uses the same size shim. Best, Jeff Saline ABC # 4412 South Dakota Airmarshal Airheads Beemer Club www.airheads.org The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota 75 R90/6, 03 KLR650, 79 R100RT

dooden

Post by dooden » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 am

If you can, tear it down figure out what sizes you need, call SuperFred and he will dash out the sizes you need lickity split. Then Reassemble and test, then ride. I had mine down in the garage for I think it took like 3 days total to get them to the remote wilderness called Upper Michigan. http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/index.html Dooden A15 Green Ape
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "gej_69" wrote: > > I plan to check my valve clearance in the morning. I'm certain I will > need some shims. I'll know what sizes tomorrow. But just to get things > going I thought I'd give this a try..... So anyone got some cheap! > 06' KLR650 > Metalmanic > San Dimas, CA. >

Gary LaRue

looking for alternatives ti ear plugs

Post by Gary LaRue » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:46 am

Hey Rick, thanks for the link. I didn't know that there were so many choices. My job supplies me with disposible foam ear plugs, but I think I will order some gel filled ones for riding. At least it's worth a try. Lash ----- Original Message ---- From: rick To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 8:38:33 PM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Re:Looking for alternatives ti ear plugs My wife and I each use different earplugs. I bought a sample mix online and we tried them out to get the one that works for each of us. The I bought quantities. It is amazing how hard it is to find a earplug that fits under our helmets. Many of these plugs are fine for everyday use with out a helmet. http://earplugstore .stores.yahoo. net/unfoamtrialp .html
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com, Hedrek wrote: > > > I have hearing damage from too much loud music. I > have tintinitis and it sucks. I never really thought > motocycle helmet noise was all that bad, till reading > about it and then realizing, duh, I had to yell to > hear myself talk. I can never fit cheap foam plugs in > my ears for some reason. I bought a selection of > disposable plugs from Aerostich and found a few > designs that work. I still have a hard time keeping > them in my ears. But it sure is nice, on a long > boring stretch of road, to put them in and have a much > quieter cruise. Probably will try custom fitted plugs > one of these days. > > Robert Hedrick > Albuquerque, NM > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ > Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]