no spark issues

DSN_KLR650
knobbydob

no spark issues

Post by knobbydob » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:58 am

If engine runs fine at all rpm's while bike is stationary but stumbles when bike is ridden and dies later, the coil might be your problem. Try someone else's before buying one, if possible. Ed -- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Blackburn wrote:
> > I Have an 07 with 10000 smiles on it. Long story -short is,The bike
started to miss fire a bit.So I decided to check things out .Cleaned carb, changed spark plug a check all wire connections.All looked fine. changed the oil and found lots of metal on filter and magnetic drian plug.Also noticed a bit more noise from bottom end. haven't done the do yet,Because the bike is still under warranty.Adjusted the do. Put every thing back together and went for short ride. The engine started miss firing and quit. 5 MILE PUSH BACK TO HOUSE. I Parked the bike while I cooled off. Went to start the bike and fired right back up .But as soon as took off it quit again.Bypassed safety's still no spark at the plug.What could cause ignition to fail after engine warms up.I took the bike back to dealer and they keep telling me they have it fixed,but every time I Test ride the bike it does the same thing. ANY ADVICE
> __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >