saved by magnetic drain plug

DSN_KLR650
heinz

your klr650 turnsignal issue

Post by heinz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:08 am

John, Hmmmmm, I therefore checked and replaced the flasher, since it was under the tank next to the coolant overflow! Thanks for pointing it out! I didn't realize that either, even when I looked at the electrical circuit drawing in the handbook... Will check/change that on the weekend. Thanks again! heinz John Biccum wrote:
> The relay is under the left side of the bike, you checked it and it is > good. But the FLASHER is under the right side of the bike, under the > tank, near the coolant overflow botttle. I bet that the flasher is bad. > > I had exactly the same issue in Baja Mexico. I swapped relays with > another KLR and no difference. But when I got home I looked in the > factory manual and realized that the relay and the flasher were not > one and the same. > > No need for a Kawasaki flasher. The Stant part that I used was only a > few dollars at an auto parts store.

heinz

your klr650 turnsignal issue

Post by heinz » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:21 pm

Hmm, double-checked on the weekend, John, but there is no other device on the left hand side (next to the starter relay and side-stand safety switch ?). Also I couldn't find a flasher on the wiring diagram in the Kawa manual. Maybe yours was an older bike? I got an 03. All the best, heinz John Biccum wrote:
> The relay is under the left side of the bike, you checked it and it is > good. But the FLASHER is under the right side of the bike, under the > tank, near the coolant overflow botttle. I bet that the flasher is bad. > > I had exactly the same issue in Baja Mexico. I swapped relays with > another KLR and no difference. But when I got home I looked in the > factory manual and realized that the relay and the flasher were not > one and the same. > > No need for a Kawasaki flasher. The Stant part that I used was only a > few dollars at an auto parts store.

Greg B

saved by magnetic drain plug

Post by Greg B » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi Ken, 2004 model. Thailand built I assume. 16,000klm = 10,000 miles Installed drain plug only recently so therefore bits were floating around for possibly a long time. Oh. If you lose your steering head nut, look in the sparkplug void. Thats where mine ended up. Greg B Oz Kenneth Daigrepont wrote: Just curious.....what year model KLR and how many miles? grb6372 wrote: Short story. Broken doo spring. Found attached to magnetic drain plug. Maybe a wise investment if you have not replaced your doohickey yet. Oil screen also clogged with gasket goo / silicon or whatever they use at the factory. Regards, Greg B Oz --------------------------------- Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it now. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]