best guards for radiator etc.

DSN_KLR650
Richard

it stalls...

Post by Richard » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:20 am

...when I stop at a light, or whatever, it stalls, it stalls when I restart it, it stalls, it stalls.... Why does it do that? ____________________________________________________________________________________ Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center. http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

Michael Nelson

it stalls...

Post by Michael Nelson » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:48 am

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 12:20:23AM -0700, Richard wrote:
> ...when I stop at a light, or whatever, it stalls, it > stalls when I restart it, it stalls, it stalls.... > Why does it do that?
Could be one or more of several things. Idle speed set too low, idle mixture set wrong, mis-use of the enrichener (choke), valves out of adjustment are the things I would check first. Michael -- "Do you think that when they asked George Washington for ID he just whipped out a quarter?" --Steven Wright San Francisco, CA

Craig Kahler

it stalls...

Post by Craig Kahler » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:05 am

In addition to Michael's sugestions, I would also check the kickstand and cluch switches. Craig Kahler Michael Nelson wrote:
On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 12:20:23AM -0700, Richard wrote: > ...when I stop at a light, or whatever, it stalls, it > stalls when I restart it, it stalls, it stalls.... > Why does it do that? Could be one or more of several things. Idle speed set too low, idle mixture set wrong, mis-use of the enrichener (choke), valves out of adjustment are the things I would check first. Michael -- "Do you think that when they asked George Washington for ID he just whipped out a quarter?" --Steven Wright San Francisco, CA --------------------------------- Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

matteeanne@yahoo.com

it stalls...

Post by matteeanne@yahoo.com » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:41 am

Valves. Esp if it starts cold ok, but stalls after warm, valves valves valves. Don't run it another second until you adjust them. Sean Brown Looking for the perfect gift for the wife/Mom/or "the person who has everything?" www.brownsbirdestates.com To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:49:14 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] It stalls...
On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 12:20:23AM -0700, Richard wrote: > ...when I stop at a light, or whatever, it stalls, it > stalls when I restart it, it stalls, it stalls.... > Why does it do that? Could be one or more of several things. Idle speed set too low, idle mixture set wrong, mis-use of the enrichener (choke), valves out of adjustment are the things I would check first. Michael -- "Do you think that when they asked George Washington for ID he just whipped out a quarter?" --Steven Wright San Francisco, CA ____________________________________________________________________________________ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/ [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Richard

it stalls...

Post by Richard » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:08 pm

...I guess I should have provided more info, so here goes: '07, with 1200 miles on her, did valve adjust at 1000 miles, it stalled before valve adjust... It is idling at 1500 rpm, I only use the choke momentarily to start it when it is cold, this is happening when the engine is good and warm... It stalls without warning, spose I could take it to the dealer, but don't trust them... I trailered it home after buying it, checked it out before riding, front tire had 5psi, rear had 10psi, triple tree bolts hadn't been tightened... Richard ____________________________________________________________________________________ Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

Blake Sobiloff

best guards for radiator etc.

Post by Blake Sobiloff » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:26 pm

On Aug 27, 2007, at 12:14 PM, ocpianoman wrote:
> That [IMS tank] with an upgraded skid plate should be > sufficient to protect the engine against most get-offs.
Just anecdotal evidence, but in my big accident the IMS tank lobe managed to flex enough to very slightly tweak the radiator fan cage *and* the Dual Star RadGuard. I agree that the IMS tank provides better radiator protection than the OEM shrouds, and it lowers the dry weight of the bike, however. -- Blake Sobiloff http://www.sobiloff.com/> San Jose, CA (USA)