wiring a dc adaptor

Post by bhphotos7 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:12 am

anyone have any insight and or pics? thanks, brent austin, texas

Jeff Saline

wiring a dc adaptor

Post by Jeff Saline » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:10 pm

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:10:44 -0000 "bhphotos7" writes:
> > anyone have any insight and or pics? > > thanks, > > brent > austin, texas
<><><><><><><> <><><><><><><> Brent, Norm just covered some really really good wiring advice for headlights, accessories etc. I'm thinking that will be of help to you. The subject is titled Voltage. If you are talking about a cigarette lighter type socket or an SAE connector etc I suggest you run it off a relay controlled by the city lights circuit. That way it will only be hot when the key is on or in the park position. If you want it hot all the time it's pretty easy to run a fused, heavy gauge wire to the accessory and then provide a good ground to finish the circuit. The center post should be positive and the outer edge negative. If it's an SAE type connector the covered female connector should be positive and the male connector should be negative. I think there is still a picture of one way to wire a relay in the KLR in the group photo section. It's under electrical. If you need more info or this doesn't cover what you're thinking about doing maybe ask the list again with a bit more detail about your project. Best, Jeff Saline ABC # 4412 South Dakota Airmarshal Airheads Beemer Club www.airheads.org The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota 75 R90/6, 03 KLR650, 79 R100RT

Ronald Criswell

nklr ktm 690 adventure

Post by Ronald Criswell » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:49 pm

That is a bike I wish Japan would make. Criswell (not big on kraut kruisers)
On Aug 23, 2007, at 10:10 AM, Fred Hink wrote: > Verle Nelson has a new KTM 690 SM and writes a review at:http:// > verlenelson.com/KTM/ > > Fred > www.arrowheadmotorsports.com > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Arden Kysely > To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 7:35 AM > Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Re: NKLR KTM 690 Adventure > > No, but I hear that the new motor is much smoother that the the old > 640. It will be interesting to see how much they change the rest of > the bike since they've been using Ducati-like trestle frames in some > of their new bikes. > > __Arden > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "W.V. Doran" wrote: > > > > Any idea when the 690 will be available? > > > > Arden Kysely wrote: The best value pipe is > the one you already own. If I got a sudden > > urge to make more noise (not likely), I'd probably buy the Laser > Pro > > Duro from Fred. Not sure if it's USFS approved yet, though. > Meantime, > > since the KLR is highly resistant to performance gains, I'll spend > my > > moto-bucks on gas, oil and tires and wait to see what the new KTM > 690 > > Adventure looks like. > > > > __Arden > > > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "cncgordon" wrote: > > > > > > First excuse me for being lazy and not going through the posts > but > > I am > > > really busy right now in a crappy renovation project with no time > > to > > > play on the net. > > > > > > Girlfriend and I have 2008 KLR's and want to mod them now. Have a > > > choice of many pipes but wanted to hear the groups opinions on > > which > > > one works the best. > > > > > > So far have heard about: Big dog, white brothers, Jardine but I > > am > > > sure there are 5 others I am missing. I like the white brothers > one > > as > > > it looks like a phazer from the old star trek or a seinheizer > > > microphone but which one will give me the most for the best value? > > > > > > > > > Thanks in adavnce for your opinions :) > > > > > > > > > Gordon > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > WVDoran > > Scottsdale, AZ > > > > --------------------------------- > > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your > story. > > Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games. > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]