lowering link for the inseam impaired

DSN_KLR650
Vladimir Vega III

i've been initiated into the riding community, or so i'm told

Post by Vladimir Vega III » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:04 pm

A big white dog (nice, elegant, expensive-looking) . . . a bump and then pavement . . . abrasions, almost punctured calf causing spasms, pain medication, rest, . . . a broken right foot peg, 2 small dents on gas tank, scraped right side of bike, half-broken choke switch, one screw broken off muffler shield. Right signal (front) broken off, back one, case cracked. Wheel lock wont work when tire is to the left--only to the right. Something must have shifted and I'm not sure what. Well, I'm generally OK, just a bit in pain and I think my right knee might be sore for a while, also. I went to the ER and the report was that nothing was broken. I think--it happened too fast--I tried to lay the bike but upon impact the bike flipped and threw me out, although, somehow my right calf seems to have been hit by a foot peg (but on the outside, weird). I saw the dog when it looked at me, and I also saw it had a leash and the owner was there. Suddenly the dog ran out, I was HOPING the owner had the leash but, NO. In about three to four leaps the dog was underneath my bike; I was going about 35mph. It was a beautiful 82-degree afternoon, so I wore no gloves and am paying for it--6 knuckles missing chunks of flesh. Oh well, it grows back but it's very uncomfortable. I had a sweater, just because the jacket was too hot--lucky that I didn't ride on my t-shirt. I guess I won't be riding for a couple of weeks. But Summer is coming... Vlad __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com

matteeanne@yahoo.com

Post by matteeanne@yahoo.com » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:15 pm

Dog die? Owner help you? ATGATT! Glad your not banged up too bad, any crash you walk away from is a good one. Post this in faceplant over at advrider.com Pain meds are better with a 6 pak chaser ;o) Sean Brown Looking for the perfect gift for the wife/Mom/or "the person who has everything?" www.brownsbirdestates.com To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 3:03:52 PM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] I've been initiated into the riding community, or so I'm told A big white dog (nice, elegant, expensive-looking) . . . a bump and then pavement . . . abrasions, almost punctured calf causing spasms, pain medication, rest, . . . a broken right foot peg, 2 small dents on gas tank, scraped right side of bike, half-broken choke switch, one screw broken off muffler shield. Right signal (front) broken off, back one, case cracked. Wheel lock wont work when tire is to the left--only to the right. Something must have shifted and I'm not sure what. Well, I'm generally OK, just a bit in pain and I think my right knee might be sore for a while, also. I went to the ER and the report was that nothing was broken. I think--it happened too fast--I tried to lay the bike but upon impact the bike flipped and threw me out, although, somehow my right calf seems to have been hit by a foot peg (but on the outside, weird). I saw the dog when it looked at me, and I also saw it had a leash and the owner was there. Suddenly the dog ran out, I was HOPING the owner had the leash but, NO. In about three to four leaps the dog was underneath my bike; I was going about 35mph. It was a beautiful 82-degree afternoon, so I wore no gloves and am paying for it--6 knuckles missing chunks of flesh. Oh well, it grows back but it's very uncomfortable. I had a sweater, just because the jacket was too hot--lucky that I didn't ride on my t-shirt. I guess I won't be riding for a couple of weeks. But Summer is coming... Vlad __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Member Map at: http://www.frappr.com/dsnklr650 Yahoo! Groups Links __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com

revmaaatin

Post by revmaaatin » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:05 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Vladimir Vega III wrote:
> > A big white dog (nice, elegant, expensive-looking) . . . > > a bump and then pavement . . . > > abrasions, almost punctured calf causing spasms, pain medication,
rest, . . .
> > a broken right foot peg, 2 small dents on gas tank, scraped right
side of bike, half-broken choke switch, one screw broken off muffler shield. Right signal (front) broken off, back one, case cracked.
> > Wheel lock wont work when tire is to the left--only to the right.
Something must have shifted and I'm not sure what.
> > Well, I'm generally OK, just a bit in pain and I think my right
knee might be sore for a while, also. I went to the ER and the report was that nothing was broken. I think--it happened too fast--I tried to lay the bike but upon impact the bike flipped and threw me out, although, somehow my right calf seems to have been hit by a foot peg (but on the outside, weird).
> > I saw the dog when it looked at me, and I also saw it had a leash
and the owner was there. Suddenly the dog ran out, I was HOPING the owner had the leash but, NO. In about three to four leaps the dog was underneath my bike; I was going about 35mph. It was a beautiful 82-degree afternoon, so I wore no gloves and am paying for it--6 knuckles missing chunks of flesh. Oh well, it grows back but it's very uncomfortable. I had a sweater, just because the jacket was too hot--lucky that I didn't ride on my t-shirt.
> > I guess I won't be riding for a couple of weeks. But Summer is
coming...
> > Vlad >
Vladimir, Oh, I can feel your pain. You will heal, but you will hurt for a few days. ALEVE is your friend. I hope for your sake that there was a police report, and the nice elegant, expensive dog owner wants to help your recovery cost. Your insurance company will certainly want to talk to them very soon. In South Dakota, we have what is known as open range, ie it is known cattle might be on any road, at anytime--BE CAREFUL--however, I doubt that the dog in your example will be allowed the open range exception, the owner knew it needed to be leashed and failed to control the dog. The word negligence comes to mind.... As for you my friend, wear as much of the gear, most of the time, as much as you can stand. We say: ATGATT (=all the gear, all the time). Even if I were to ride without a helmet, I don't think I would ever ride without gloves. Your hands are likely to be one of the first things to strike the ground, pavement. In the past few days, someone commented, "Ride like they are out to get you." Sad to say, it is true. Today I had to stop in mid intersection for a car that failed to stop at a stop sign until one full car length into the intersection, and then withing 20 minutes, play dodge-cow-calf on a range road. Lots of hazards out there-- including the cost of changing the gas.... Others can advise the best way to deal with the insurance company. Beware of any claims guy that says, "You must sign here (no further physical damage, etc to you) before we will fix your bike." I do believe I would seek legal assistance. Your physical difficulties may not manifest themselves for several days. Let us know how it turns out. revmaaatin.

ronfaffy468

lowering link for the inseam impaired

Post by ronfaffy468 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:39 am

Im selling a 04 KLR to a friend of mine who is inseam impaired.Does anyone make a lowering link for the KLR,and how much does it lower the bike. Thanks.