use caution when ordering...

DSN_KLR650
Lawrence

bypassing clutch and sidestand idiot switches

Post by Lawrence » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi, All Where are the instructions to bypass those stupid switches? I know I saw them somewhere. Mine have started acting up, and I don't want to be twenty miles from somewhere and unable to start my bike. Now it never starts in gear with the clutch in, which I think it used to, and it needs to do if I stall it somewhere facing up the hill. Those switches seem to me to be a vary stupid idea. Regards, Larry Leach

dooden

bypassing clutch and sidestand idiot switches

Post by dooden » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:36 am

http://www.klr650.marknet.us/safetyswitch.html Them tiny spades are .187" unlike the common .250" For the clutch and pretty sure the side stand also, I just carry a spare jumper on the bike for the sidestand since I have yet to bypass that one, but got my hands on a small handful of the tiny spades and made up a few jumpers. Tada... Dooden A15 Green Ape
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Lawrence" wrote: > > Hi, All > > Where are the instructions to bypass those stupid switches? > > I know I saw them somewhere. Mine have started acting up, and I don't > want to be twenty miles from somewhere and unable to start my bike. Now > it never starts in gear with the clutch in, which I think it used to, > and it needs to do if I stall it somewhere facing up the hill. Those > switches seem to me to be a vary stupid idea. > > Regards, > Larry Leach >

THE MIGHTY VEXORG

use caution when ordering...

Post by THE MIGHTY VEXORG » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:04 pm

You're posting from a gmail account, which can easily take that, why not have them send the info to there? Then you don't have to drive to town to delete the emails, just use gmail's web interface to do that. Pat http://bike.stu.ph/rides Jim wrote:
> Well as if I didn't have enough fun dealing with vendors (slow > shipping, parts left off the order, etc.) now my e-mail is down for > the night, thanks to the idiot at MultiSurfaceMotorcycling. I had > ordered a rear spring, which I now regret giving them my business. > Apparently they can't send instructions with the spring (as if > installing a spring is rocket science), so I was e-mailed the > directions...complete with 15 photos, averaging 1mb EACH!!! I have > dialup...so the e-mail won't download. Attachments that large just > error. Every time this happens, I end up having to drive to town (10 > miles), use a computer with a high speed connection, delete the > offending e-mail, then I can come home and download the rest of my > e-mail. I'll be headed to town after dinner to deal with this one. > 16.5 meg e-mail...what were they thinking??? > > Jim > >