stator/ele. load capacity

DSN_KLR650
rschulte46

mermite panniers and new mefos - pictures

Post by rschulte46 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:20 pm

I have posted 7 photos of the finished mermite pannier project in the photos section. I also have a couple good shots of the Mefo tires. Capt Bob Durham, CT.

revmaaatin

Post by revmaaatin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:55 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "rschulte46" wrote:
> > I have posted 7 photos of the finished mermite pannier project in the > photos section. I also have a couple good shots of the Mefo tires. > > Capt Bob > Durham, CT. >
Hello Bob, You were right--they do look nice. My apologies to the motorcycle. revmaaatin.

Spike55

Post by Spike55 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:17 am

Cap: How do you like the MEFO's so far? My one buddy with the BMW F650GS (coal pile pics) says that when riding beside me (road) he can't hear my exhaust over the sound of the tires. Any dents in the tank yet? Don R100, A6F (Just back from a week in another country - Washington, DC.)
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "rschulte46" wrote: > > I have posted 7 photos of the finished mermite pannier project in the > photos section. I also have a couple good shots of the Mefo tires. > > Capt Bob > Durham, CT. >

Norm Keller

Post by Norm Keller » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:34 am

Here's the chance for a flame fest... Does this mean you need quieter tires or a noisier exhaust? Running for cover, Norm
>Cap: >How do you like the MEFO's so far? My one >buddy with the BMW F650GS >(coal pile pics) says that when riding beside >me (road) he can't hear >my exhaust over the sound of the tires.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Fred Hink

stator/ele. load capacity

Post by Fred Hink » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:11 pm

The one I sell is made for motorcycles and is a compact unit that has bright LEDs to let you see what your battery is doing. http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/images/vmonitor.jpg Fred www.arrowheadmotorsports.com
----- Original Message ----- From: Bob Schulte To: Fred Hink Cc: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:51 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] stator/ele. load capacity Fred, Can you recommend a "Voltage Monitor" to us. I know what it is I just don't know of one that is weatherproof, small enough etc. Capt. Bob Durham, CT USA 2006 KLR http://seniorbiker.blogspot.com/ ----- Original Message ----- From: Fred Hink To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com ; Glenn Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:52 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] stator/ele. load capacity If it ain't broke why "fix" it? I used to sell these stators until I started having most of them fail. The manufacturer denies that they have had any failures. HA! I do NOT sell Electrosport products any longer nor do I recommend using them. I have a customer planning a big ride in nine days and his stator that he planned to use with his electric clothing failed just the other day. Lucky he found this problem before heading for his epic trip. http://www.rideupforautism.ca/ I'd recommend a voltage monitor to keep track of what your battery is doing. The stock stator/regulator has proven to be very reliable. Fred www.arrowheadmotorsports.com ----- Original Message ----- From: Glenn To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:23 AM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] stator/ele. load capacity I'm sure this has been covered numerous times before in this forum, so forgive me for asking, however this seems to be the place to get good experienced answers. In question is my 03 KLR 650 stock electrical system. I am not having any problems with it but I do understand that it is somewhat underpowered. I realize that the older KLR's had a 14/14A charging system and that mine has a 14/17A system. I read alot about folks upgrading to higher output stators.(300 and 400W)I figure that I am capable of running approx 240W max in my stock setup. The only extra electrical draw that I have installed is a high output headlite. I am considering installing some aux. lighting however and would like to know if this will overtax my current stock setup. I do not plan on heated grips or any other such electrical load. I typically run my KLR for commuting(1 hour trip each way)at and have never had any electrical issues. Also along the line of new high output stators should a new regulator/rectifier be installed with the new high output stator? Thanks for the help. Glenn. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Ronald Criswell

Post by Ronald Criswell » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:54 pm

Loud tires save lives. Criswell
On Mar 10, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Norm Keller wrote: > Here's the chance for a flame fest... > > Does this mean you need quieter tires or a noisier exhaust? > > Running for cover, > > Norm > > >Cap: > >How do you like the MEFO's so far? My one >buddy with the BMW F650GS > >(coal pile pics) says that when riding beside >me (road) he can't > hear > >my exhaust over the sound of the tires. > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Spike55

Post by Spike55 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:07 pm

Load Valves - I saw the tee-shirt. Don R100, A6F (Green w/ MEFO's that work and sound great to me) --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Ronald Criswell wrote:
> > Loud tires save lives. > > Criswell > On Mar 10, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Norm Keller wrote: > > > Here's the chance for a flame fest... > > > > Does this mean you need quieter tires or a noisier exhaust? > > > > Running for cover, > > > > Norm > > > > >Cap: > > >How do you like the MEFO's so far? My one >buddy with the BMW
F650GS
> > >(coal pile pics) says that when riding beside >me (road) he
can't
> > hear > > >my exhaust over the sound of the tires. > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >