gold country dual sport ride

DSN_KLR650
Gary Bettes

boots

Post by Gary Bettes » Fri May 12, 2000 3:40 pm

>Does anyone know
where I can get a good dual sport boot in this size. With the number of bigger guys on the list, I figure is a common problem I finally went with HiTech swat team boots. I need a size 13 but all of the ones I tried were sized small. Out of desperation, I started looking for any type of decent boot. I found a site that has military and tactical equipment. Just bought a pair of non waterproof, very light boots for summer use and will be buying a pair of insulated, waterproof boots shortly. In the catalog for this company, I noticed a set of shin guards which look very good for off road use. They strap on over your pants and boots and cover from the tops of yoiur knees to the tops of your feet. Gary B.

Gary Bettes

boots

Post by Gary Bettes » Thu May 18, 2000 3:09 pm

>In 1992 (or so) the Marine Corps decided to allow non-garrison personnel to
use HiTech Magnum boots. There are a bunch of flavors but the Magnums are the tactical line. Of those there are three or four high-top boots Here is the site I used for boots recently. Bought the light weight ones called the Trooper. Wore them on a ride last Saturday. Very nice. I added padded inner soles due to arthritis and knee problems. Absplutely no break-in was needed. Extremely comfortable in all positions on the bike and for a two hour tour of an aircraft carrier. I also noted that they are mach cooler than my old boots. Hang a foot out in the breeze and I could feel it inside the boots. I paid $52 including Ca sales tax and shipping. I am really pleased and will be buying another pair (with insulation and waterproof) for winter. http://qmuniforms.com.cnchost.com/military.html Gary B.

aches@deltech.net

boots

Post by aches@deltech.net » Thu Aug 24, 2000 6:10 am

I've been using the Cabella's Justin Tall GoreTex slip ons for a few years now. Off road, on road, honky-tonking, hiking, etc. It does it all. Think they were about 150 or so with shipping. -- Best Regards & Happy Trails Andy Chesley @ 57 and ticking Y2KLR650 (GreenMachine) @ 6.4K sMiles 97 R11RA (Amiga) @ 16K Miles So Many Roads, So Little Time http://members.deltech.net/aches/

leedodd@excite.com

boots

Post by leedodd@excite.com » Sun Mar 04, 2001 12:07 am

look at Hi-Point GP-1s by Alpinestars, top grain leather, but not as stiff as Moto/cross boots, black with a cool metal shin plate..

gyb@sprynet.com

boots

Post by gyb@sprynet.com » Mon Mar 05, 2001 12:18 am

>Has anyone tried the Gaerne "Offroad" boot?
I recently bought of Gaerne Explorer. I chose them because they seemed to offer a good compromise between protection and walking comfort and I really like my Starda race boots, one good reason to go with Gaerne again. So far I haven't walked in them much (no hiking side trips on recent rides), but they are not nearly as stiff as MX boots, and are comfortable walking so far. And until today I would have said they were also waterproof, which would have been a very good reason to recommend them for all-around use. Except that today I was riding in the rain and some water got in to the left boot. So, if you are looking for a good all-around and waterproof boot, these are not it. If riding in the rain is not something you do regularly, they may be a good option. YBootsMV, Gustavo PS anybody wants a pair of Gaerne Explorer boots (size 9) used on 4 rides (I'm considering getting something more waterproof since even though it has been a dry winter so far, I do live in the NorthWet... ;-)?

rene.maillet@chrc-ccdp.ca

boots

Post by rene.maillet@chrc-ccdp.ca » Mon Mar 05, 2001 10:45 am

I just ordered a pair of Sidi Discovery boots. I read everything I could get my hands on, about boots for "adventure touring". I ride in all kinds of terrain, rain, snow or shine, and train other riders, so what I looked for was: absolutely waterproof, but breathable, tough enough to protect my feet in the case of some falls and collisions, yet comfortable to stand and walk in.I was at the Montreal moto show,two weeks ago and tried on a pair, from a guy doing a trials demo. Several of the demo trials riders had them. They confirmed the Discovery's would meet my expectations. The other boot I considered was the Aerostitch Combat boots,also made by Sidi but they might not have been as waterproof?

Swampy

boots

Post by Swampy » Thu Jul 05, 2001 5:01 pm

I have been looking for a new pair of riding boots, any input would be greatly appreciated. The boots that I am looking at are Sidi Quatro (160.00), MSR World Tour (135.00), MSR Rage (180.00), Alpinestar M4 (160.00), Oneal Element (90.00), Oneal M840 (117.00). I would like rider impressions on any other boots in this price range. Also which are water proof and those that are not. Bill "SandShark"

whalenwp

boots

Post by whalenwp » Wed Mar 06, 2002 11:16 am

I have the Sidi Discoveries and love them. They are still pretty new so are very stiff but they will loosen up in time. I have alos a pair of Sidi Strada's that I use for Adventure Touring. Both boots are 100% waterproof. I think that Sidi's are a great product. If you call there 1-800 number they will also cut you a deal. Great company to work with. Bill

smedsklr

boots

Post by smedsklr » Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:33 am

Can anyone recommend a good pair of boot that are comfortable for the street but good in the dirt. I tried MX boots (size 10) and couldn't get my toe under the shift lever. They were also hard to walk in.

Devon Jarvis

boots

Post by Devon Jarvis » Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:44 am

BMW sells "Kalihari" (sp?) or whatever they're called, tall "enduro" boots with velcro and buckle closures that are VERY waterproof but breatheable. They are actually made by an Italian company, maybe it's Sidi, so Sidi may have something similar at a lower price. They have more protection than a regular street boot, but not nearly as much as a full MX boot. I wear them for offroad events, which is a bit risky. They have reduced the severity of foot and ankle injuries, where an MX boot might have prevented them. They have a shin plate (thin), a plate covering the ball of the ankle (also thin), and a fairly heavy sole that is still flexible. They come to 4" below the knee. I bought them because the accessories guy at the BMW shop said I could return them if they leaked. Devon A15 smedsklr wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend a good pair of boot that are comfortable for the > street but good in the dirt. I tried MX boots (size 10) and couldn't > get my toe under the shift lever. They were also hard to walk in. >