getting tire off rim?

DSN_KLR650
SWAMPY!

dual sport ride

Post by SWAMPY! » Sun Jun 11, 2000 6:50 pm

Just a reminder about the Devil's creek Dual Sport Ride And Adventure Tour coming up July 29/30 in Brooksville, Florida. Go to http://www.geocities.com/mrktm/creekflyer.html to learn more about it and to download an entry form. Swampy A14 KLR650 KTM RXC620 XT225

Conrad & Martha Weiser

dual sport ride

Post by Conrad & Martha Weiser » Wed Aug 09, 2000 6:27 pm

Greetings All, There is a dual sport ride organized by the Honda Sport Touring Association at Ole Bull State Park in PA, the weekend of August 18-21, 2000. Most participants will arrive Friday evening and depart Monday. I will arrive late Thursday evening and leave sometime Sunday. Anyone who can join us for some mountain riding, come on out. I will be in site 53 for the weekend. Till later, take care. Conrad

Swampy

dual sport ride

Post by Swampy » Sun Apr 29, 2001 8:19 pm

Well, 'ole Boomer and me were out today checking the route sheet for the upcoming Seminole Wind dual sport ride on may 12. What a beautiful day! we left the start area at 0930 and headed on out down the route. Within minutes we were in the Ocala National Forest and mosying down a trail when...Whoa, what's that? Hey Boomer! I was waving my hands and pointing. Just about 20 yards up the trail two coyotes were crossing, stopped to look at us and kept going at a liesurely pace! Way too cool. So we kept riding, verifying the route sheet mileage with our GPS'. It's quite acurate that way. Boomers WR odo was a few tenths off at times and so was the odo on the KTM, but BOTH our GPS were dead on with each other. To different makes, too! So the route sheet is GPS accurate! Anyway, so we were having a great ride on a beautiful day, so what happens next? We're heading down a forest road and there standing at the bottom of a hill was a whole HERD of deer! I don't think they were a gang because I saw no graffiti, so I'm thinking they were a herd. There were 8 of the beauties standing in the roadway, we slowed down and stopped and just watched as they walked off into the underbrush at the roadside ahead of us. We waited a few minutes then kept on. Whatta day! Okay, so about 45 minutes later, were tooling down another forest byway and yikes! A big black snake skitted across the trail, i slid sideways a little to avoid running the bugger over! He made it safely and went into the woods to help keep the rat population down I guess. Anyhow, Had a great time. verified the route sheet, Boomer's gonna ribbon the course next week. (gotta love GPSing a route!) and we'll be ready for the Seminole Wind Dual Sport Ride, Saturday,May 12, 2001 in Eureka, Florida! It still comes out to 127 miles, with gas initially available at 30 miles then also at the 75 mile marker. You may need it as the KTM hit reserve about 6 miles from the gas stop at 75. But then I was gettin on her a little bit too.... Visit the Seminole Wind website at http://www.geocities.com/mrktm/windflyer.html Bars up, sound down..... Swampy

Swampy

dual sport ride

Post by Swampy » Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:30 pm

Here's the updated link to the Seminole Wind Dual Sport Ride coming up on May 5. Check it out! [url=http://mr_swampy.tripod.com/windflyer.html]http://mr_swampy.tripod.com/windflyer.html[/url] Swampy [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Swampy

dual sport ride

Post by Swampy » Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:53 pm

3rd Annual Seminole Wind Dual Sport Ride Sunday, May 5, Eureka, Florida For Quiet Dual Sport Motorcycles Come Ride The Pine Uplands And Oak Hammocks of The Ocala National Forest 130+/- Miles of riding easy roads and challenging jeep trails. Route Sheets Provided. Lunch provided on route. Must have 60 mile range. Great for novices and experts alike. Special shorter, easier route available! Wear your street legal knobbies! WDSRC Bike Rating: D Sanctioned By The American Motorcyclist Association AMA Membership NOT Required How Far From You? 7 Hours From Atlanta, GA 6 Hours From Charleston, SC 4 Hours From Miami, FL 3 Hours From Tampa, FL 2 Hours From Jacksonville, FL 1 Hour From Ocala/Gainesville, FL 1 Hour From Orlando, FL 1 Hour From Daytona Beach, FL REQUIREMENTS: Bike Must Have Current Tag Be Street Legal In State Of Registration USFS Approved Spark Arrestor 92dBa Sound Test at Start (Stock Sound Level - NO LOUD BIKES!) Driver AND Bike Must Be Street Legal *** The WDSRC DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL INSURANCE AND URGES YOU NOT TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE WITHOUT IT! *** *** YOU RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK *** *** THIS IS NOT A RACE *** For More Information Please Visit: http://www.wdsrc.com/images/president/windflyer.htm - Swampy [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Swampy

dual sport ride

Post by Swampy » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:08 pm

The Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour Presented By The Withlacoochee Dual Sport Riders Club April 1 thru October 31, 2003 This Is A GREAT Adventure For KLR Riders! Sanctioned By The American Motorcyclists Association Welcome To The 2003 Dunlop Elite Touring Series/ AMA/ WDSRC Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour. We understand that some people don't have events in their area, or maybe you don't like going to events and being in a crowd, or maybe you just want to do something with your buddies and be part of a Greater Event. If you live in California or Maine, Tampa or Fairbanks, makes no difference what your preferences, this is what you're looking for! You'll have the opportunity to explore public lands in your own back yard or on the other side of the country. The whole idea is to get you out riding and exploring using your dual sport motorcycle. It doesn't matter whether you ride a BMW GS1150 or an old Yamaha DT175. To participate in this ride, all you need is a street legal motorcycle. Take some time, explore our public lands, dirt roads, paved roads, or try some trail riding at an ORV area! For you road riders out there, you can do this with your Goldwing, Concours, Nighthawk, FZR, Guzzi or whatever motorcycle you enjoy riding. Remember, some of the best paved roads are through our National Forests and National Parks! Here's How It Works: You can enter anytime throughout the year, but must finish by October 31, 2003. You visit public lands. Take a picture of your motorcycle by the sign for the public land, and get points! Yes, it's that easy! You'll need to visit the following forms of public lands between April 1 and October 31, 2003: Mix and Match, No Limits! 1) National Forests (like picture above) 2) National Parks (like Great Smokey Mountain NP) 3) State Forest (such as Goethe State Forest) 4) Public ORV Areas (like Hungry Valley ORV area, Upper Tellico, etc.) (not MX parks or private areas) 5) BLM Lands 6) We Know That In Some Areas Of The Country There Are No National Forests So We'll even Accept Photos From Wildlife Management Areas, and Places Like the Catskill Park in NY. These can be public lands in your own state or go ahead, visit others! You just need to accumulate points! Let's give you a couple of examples: Okay, you travel to North Georgia to do a little dual sporting (or road riding). You'll visit the Chattahoochee National Forest (7pts). Hummm. I'll go to the Whissenhant ORV area (7pts), and maybe head up to Beasley Knob ORV (7pts) I'll grab some bonus points by going to Brasstown Bald, the highest peak in Georgia (5pts), and I'll grab some more bonus points by getting to the Chattahoochee National Fish Hatchery, a roadside attraction (5pts) let's see, that gives me.31 pts, I'm eligible for the t-shirt, YeeHaww! Wow, I can even grab more points by hitting the Oconnee National Forest and Robert's Bike Trail! This is great! Or Maybe You Spend a weekend in Asheville NC. Hummm... Wow. Got the Blue Ridge Parkway sign, there's 5pts, then maybe I'll swing down through the Smokey Mountain National Park (7pts) and get a picture up at Clingman's Dome (Highest point in Tennessee, 5pts). Gee there's an old barn with "See Rock City" painted on it, a quick picture of this roadside attraction (5pts) and I'm off to the Nantahala National Forest (7pts). Wow.There's 29 points and the t-shirt is mine! Get the picture? While you're out, grab a map and explore the many dirt roads on your dual sport motorcycle. Be safe, be responsible, TREAD LIGHTLY! And only ride where you are legally allowed to ride! Enjoy the twisting pavement on your street bike. Whatever you do, follow all vehicular traffic laws, be safe, and have FUN! This is easy! And you're a part of an AMA Grand Tour! Use your dual sport bike, use your street bike, if you have both that's okay too! Just ride for points! Here's how the points break down: Grand Tour Points Awards: 1) National Forest :....7 points 2) National Park:.....7 points 3) State Forests:.....7 points 4) Public ORV Areas:..7 points 5) BLM Lands:.....7 points 6) Other Lands(Wildlife, Catskill, etc).7pts Bonus Points: 1) Picture of you, tour flag, & Swampy ..............5pts (one time only) 2) Picture of bike, & tour flag at elevation signs..........5pts (2 times only) 3) Picture of bike, & tour flag at an interesting point to visit such as Highest Point in the State (like Mt Cheaha, Mt Washington), Scenic Parkways (like Blue Ridge Parkway, Natchez Trace, etc), or something else of interest........5pts (5 times only) 4) Picture of bike, & tour flag at Ranger Visitor Center........5pts (one time only) 5) Picture of Quaint, Forest Roadside Attraction .........5pts ( 5 times only) ****GPS BONUS: If you provide the coordinates to the picture, you receive an extra 1 point bonus for each picture with coordinates! ***Bigfoot Bonus: Picture Of Bigfoot and your motorcycle.......1 Million Points (Must be a REAL, verifiable Bigfoot) (One Time Only) otherwise it will only be worth 1 pt. Additional points awarded at Judges Discretion for Pictures of You, Your Bike and Bigfoot at Hooters.Will also consider pictures of the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa with your bike and tour flag at Hooters. (Must be ACTUAL Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa! No imitations, please...) How Does This Thing Work? ---Start when you want, finish when you wish between the dates of April 1 and October 31. (First rider packs will be mailed out by March 25, 2003, otherwise, after you enter, you'll get your rider packs) Submit Pictures At Anytime! ---T-Shirt: You need a minimum of 28 points to be eligible for Tour T-Shirt...err. Well. Okay.What the Heck. Everybody Who Enters Gets A T-shirt ! ! ! ! Whoo-Hoo! ---Prizes: You need a minimum of 30 points to be eligible for prize drawings. Everyone who reaches 30 points will have one ticket entered into the prize drawing. An additional 1 prize ticket will be entered into drawing for each 10 points over 30 that you accumulate. The more points you have, the more chances you have at winning! We've got a gaggle of prizes from KTM USA and Moose Off-Road to give away! so what are you waiting for! --- Plaques for riders with most points (Top 3) Requirements: You must be legally licensed to operate a motorcycle in your state of residence. Motorcycle must be street legal in state of registration, and only access areas that are legal and open to motorcycle traffic. Photos can be hard copy 4x6 minimum , or can be hi-resolution digital. Digital Photos can be on disk or CD. We must be able to read the sign! Please do not artificially manufacture photos on your computer. We want you to ride, not pretend that you did! Must have tour flag somewhere in the picture. All photos must include rider name and tracking number (WDSRC number), state and location of picture. If you have a GPS, include the GPS coordinates if possible. All photos/CDs must be post marked NO LATER THAN October 31, 2003 Those postmarked after that date will be accepted but will not be considered in point standings. Submit photos anytime! You don't have to wait until the end! All photos become the property of WDSRC, and may be used on any advertising relating to the Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour, or dual sporting in general, whether in print or electronically. Due to the high volume of entries we will not be able to return pictures. Please make copies for your own enjoyment. You will be assigned a Rider Tracking Number (referred to as WDSRC Number). This number, and your name, must be used when submitting photos so we can track your point accumulation. How To Enter: Go to our website, click on the Grand Tour Banner, print it out, fill it out, include a check or money order and start riding once you get your rider packet! Your Entry Includes: Subscription To the Dixie Dual Sport Newsletter Membership in the WDSRC for 2003 WDSRC Grand Tour Bike Towel (Use It as Your Tour Flag In Photos) AMA/Dunlop Grand Tour Pin Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour T-Shirt (okay, you need to get 28 points, but how difficult .Well. Okay..Everybody Gets A Shirt! ) An online E-group where you can communicate and coordinate with other Grand Tour Participants! Online tracking of points and seeing your photos at www.wdsrc.com! And The Most Fun You'll Be Having In A Long, Long Time! About The Promoting Club The Withlacoochee Dual Sport Riders Club (WDSRC) is a non-profit AMA Chartered organization of over 600 members from throughout the South Eastern United States. We believe in the AMA because they help protect our right to ride on the national level. And we do our part on the local and regional level. The WDSRC promotes a TREAD LIGHTLY! Philosophy and aggressively promotes the WDSRC STEALTH RIDER program by enforcing 92dBa sound checks at local WDSRC events. The membership of the WDSRC sees these two issues, sound and environmental responsibility, as a serious threat to accessing public lands and works with the various governmental agencies regulating public lands to promote dual sport motorcycling as an acceptable and responsible form of motorized recreation. The WDSRC membership also makes numerous charitable contributions of school supplies and holiday gifts to children's organizations in the areas in which there are WDSRC events. Our members are also active in Forest Volunteer Programs and have an annual Forest Clean-Up Day each June in numerous forests throughout the southeast. We hope you enjoy the Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour. TREAD LIGHTLY!, Keep Your Sound Down, Act Responsibly, and above all, enjoy the land in which we all live. Visit us at www.wdsrc.com We have registered riders participating from the following states: Alaska Florida Virginia Maryland Massachusetts Illinois New York Tennessee Georgia Caifornia North Carolina New Jersey Where are YOU planning to ride this season? For More Information And An Entry Form Visit www.wdsrc.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] AMA/Dunlop Touring Elite Series Presents: THE GREAT AMERICAN DUAL SPORT GRAND TOUR Visit www.wdsrc.com For More Details -------- DAYTONA BIKE WEEK DUAL SPORT Sunday March 2, 2003, Eureka,Florida visit www.wdsrc.com for more information -------- Join The WDSRC recieve the Southern Dual Sporting Newsletter Covering Everything Related To Dual Sporting The South Eastern United States! Go to www.wdsrc.com Keep Your Bike Quiet, Respect Other Trail Users And The Land Itself. WDSRC is Proud To Be A Part Of The TREAD LIGHTY! Campaign. __________________________________________________ Shortcut URL to this page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dixie_Dual_Sport Post message: Dixie_Dual_Sport@yahoogroups.com For more information: http://www.wdsrc.com List owner: swampy@... Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: BlueRidgePathfinders-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

zrod73026

dual sport ride

Post by zrod73026 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:03 pm

A fine effort, Swampy! Thanks to you from the Dual Sporters of the world! My bro lives on the Pithlacashcoti, oh hell, the Cote river and maybe this year I'll ride a KLR when I do my yearly visit! Someday I'll meet ya, please believe me!
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Swampy" wrote: > > The Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour > Presented By The Withlacoochee Dual Sport Riders Club > > April 1 thru October 31, 2003 > > This Is A GREAT Adventure For KLR Riders! > > Sanctioned By The American Motorcyclists Association > > Welcome To The 2003 Dunlop Elite Touring Series/ AMA/ WDSRC Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour. > > > > We understand that some people don't have events in their area, or maybe you don't like going to events and being in a crowd, or maybe you just want to do something with your buddies and be part of a Greater Event. If you live in California or Maine, Tampa or Fairbanks, makes no difference what your preferences, this is what you're looking for! > > > > You'll have the opportunity to explore public lands in your own back yard or on the other side of the country. The whole idea is to get you out riding and exploring using your dual sport motorcycle. It doesn't matter whether you ride a BMW GS1150 or an old Yamaha DT175. To participate in this ride, all you need is a street legal motorcycle. Take some time, explore our public lands, dirt roads, paved roads, or try some trail riding at an ORV area! > > > > For you road riders out there, you can do this with your Goldwing, Concours, Nighthawk, FZR, Guzzi or whatever motorcycle you enjoy riding. Remember, some of the best paved roads are through our National Forests and National Parks! > > > Here's How It Works: > > > > You can enter anytime throughout the year, but must finish by October 31, 2003. You visit public lands. Take a picture of your motorcycle by the sign for the public land, and get points! Yes, it's that easy! > > > > You'll need to visit the following forms of public lands between April 1 and October 31, 2003: > > Mix and Match, No Limits! > > > > 1) National Forests (like picture above) > > 2) National Parks (like Great Smokey Mountain NP) > > 3) State Forest (such as Goethe State Forest) > > 4) Public ORV Areas (like Hungry Valley ORV area, Upper Tellico, etc.) (not MX parks or private areas) > > 5) BLM Lands > > 6) We Know That In Some Areas Of The Country There Are No National Forests So We'll even Accept Photos From Wildlife Management Areas, and Places Like the Catskill Park in NY. > > > > These can be public lands in your own state or go ahead, visit others! You just need to accumulate points! Let's give you a couple of examples: > > > > Okay, you travel to North Georgia to do a little dual sporting (or road riding). You'll visit the Chattahoochee National Forest (7pts). Hummm. I'll go to the Whissenhant ORV area (7pts), and maybe head up to Beasley Knob ORV (7pts) I'll grab some bonus points by going to Brasstown Bald, the highest peak in Georgia (5pts), and I'll grab some more bonus points by getting to the Chattahoochee National Fish Hatchery, a roadside attraction (5pts) let's see, that gives me.31 pts, I'm eligible for the t-shirt, YeeHaww! > > Wow, I can even grab more points by hitting the Oconnee National Forest and Robert's Bike Trail! This is great! > > > > Or Maybe You Spend a weekend in Asheville NC. Hummm... > > > > Wow. Got the Blue Ridge Parkway sign, there's 5pts, then maybe I'll swing down through the Smokey Mountain National Park (7pts) and get a picture up at Clingman's Dome (Highest point in Tennessee, 5pts). Gee there's an old barn with "See Rock City" painted on it, a quick picture of this roadside attraction (5pts) and I'm off to the Nantahala National Forest (7pts). Wow.There's 29 points and the t- shirt is mine! > > > > Get the picture? While you're out, grab a map and explore the many dirt roads on your dual sport motorcycle. Be safe, be responsible, TREAD LIGHTLY! And only ride where you are legally allowed to ride! Enjoy the twisting pavement on your street bike. Whatever you do, follow all vehicular traffic laws, be safe, and have FUN! This is easy! And you're a part of an AMA Grand Tour! > > > > Use your dual sport bike, use your street bike, if you have both that's okay too! Just ride for points! > > Here's how the points break down: > > > > Grand Tour Points Awards: > > > > 1) National Forest :....7 points > > 2) National Park:.....7 points > > 3) State Forests:.....7 points > > 4) Public ORV Areas:..7 points > > 5) BLM Lands:.....7 points > > 6) Other Lands(Wildlife, Catskill, etc).7pts > > > > > > Bonus Points: > > > > 1) Picture of you, tour flag, & Swampy ..............5pts (one time only) > > 2) Picture of bike, & tour flag at elevation signs..........5pts (2 times only) > > 3) Picture of bike, & tour flag at an interesting point to visit such as Highest Point in the State (like Mt Cheaha, Mt Washington), Scenic Parkways (like Blue Ridge Parkway, Natchez Trace, etc), or something else of interest........5pts (5 times only) > > 4) Picture of bike, & tour flag at Ranger Visitor Center........5pts (one time only) > > 5) Picture of Quaint, Forest Roadside Attraction .........5pts ( 5 times only) > > > > ****GPS BONUS: If you provide the coordinates to the picture, you receive an extra 1 point bonus for each picture with coordinates! > > > > ***Bigfoot Bonus: Picture Of Bigfoot and your motorcycle.......1 Million Points (Must be a REAL, verifiable Bigfoot) (One Time Only) otherwise it will only be worth 1 pt. > > Additional points awarded at Judges Discretion for Pictures of You, Your Bike and Bigfoot at Hooters.Will also consider pictures of the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa with your bike and tour flag at Hooters. (Must be ACTUAL Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa! No imitations, please...) > > > > How Does This Thing Work? > > > > ---Start when you want, finish when you wish between the dates of April 1 and October 31. (First rider packs will be mailed out by March 25, 2003, otherwise, after you enter, you'll get your rider packs) Submit Pictures At Anytime! > > > > ---T-Shirt: You need a minimum of 28 points to be eligible for Tour T-Shirt...err. Well. Okay.What the Heck. Everybody Who Enters Gets A T-shirt ! ! ! ! Whoo-Hoo! > > > > ---Prizes: You need a minimum of 30 points to be eligible for prize drawings. Everyone who reaches 30 points will have one ticket entered into the prize drawing. An additional 1 prize ticket will be entered into drawing for each 10 points over 30 that you accumulate. The more points you have, the more chances you have at winning! We've got a gaggle of prizes from KTM USA and Moose Off-Road to give away! so what are you waiting for! > > > > --- Plaques for riders with most points (Top 3) > > > > Requirements: > > > > You must be legally licensed to operate a motorcycle in your state of residence. Motorcycle must be street legal in state of registration, and only access areas that are legal and open to motorcycle traffic. > > > > Photos can be hard copy 4x6 minimum , or can be hi-resolution digital. Digital Photos can be on disk or CD. We must be able to read the sign! Please do not artificially manufacture photos on your computer. We want you to ride, not pretend that you did! Must have tour flag somewhere in the picture. > > > > All photos must include rider name and tracking number (WDSRC number), state and location of picture. If you have a GPS, include the GPS coordinates if possible. > > > > All photos/CDs must be post marked NO LATER THAN October 31, 2003 Those postmarked after that date will be accepted but will not be considered in point standings. Submit photos anytime! You don't have to wait until the end! > > > > All photos become the property of WDSRC, and may be used on any advertising relating to the Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour, or dual sporting in general, whether in print or electronically. Due to the high volume of entries we will not be able to return pictures. Please make copies for your own enjoyment. > > > > You will be assigned a Rider Tracking Number (referred to as WDSRC Number). This number, and your name, must be used when submitting photos so we can track your point accumulation. > > > > How To Enter: > > > > Go to our website, click on the Grand Tour Banner, print it out, fill it out, include a check or money order and start riding once you get your rider packet! > > > Your Entry Includes: Subscription To the Dixie Dual Sport Newsletter > Membership in the WDSRC for 2003 > > WDSRC Grand Tour Bike Towel > > (Use It as Your Tour Flag In Photos) > > AMA/Dunlop Grand Tour Pin > Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour T-Shirt > > (okay, you need to get 28 points, but how difficult > > .Well. Okay..Everybody Gets A Shirt! ) > > An online E- group where you can communicate and > > coordinate with other Grand Tour Participants! > > Online tracking of points and seeing your photos at www.wdsrc.com! > > And The Most Fun You'll Be Having In A Long, Long Time! > > > About The Promoting Club > > > The Withlacoochee Dual Sport Riders Club (WDSRC) is a non-profit AMA Chartered organization of over 600 members from throughout the South Eastern United States. We believe in the AMA because they help protect our right to ride on the national level. And we do our part on the local and regional level. The WDSRC promotes a TREAD LIGHTLY! Philosophy and aggressively promotes the WDSRC STEALTH RIDER program by enforcing 92dBa sound checks at local WDSRC events. The membership of the WDSRC sees these two issues, sound and environmental responsibility, as a serious threat to accessing public lands and works with the various governmental agencies regulating public lands to promote dual sport motorcycling as an acceptable and responsible form of motorized recreation. The WDSRC membership also makes numerous charitable contributions of school supplies and holiday gifts to children's organizations in the areas in which there are WDSRC events. Our members are also active in Forest Volunteer Programs and have an annual Forest Clean-Up Day each June in numerous forests throughout the southeast. > > > > We hope you enjoy the Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour. TREAD LIGHTLY!, Keep Your Sound Down, Act Responsibly, and above all, enjoy the land in which we all live. > > > > Visit us at www.wdsrc.com > > > > We have registered riders participating from the following states: > > Alaska > > Florida > > Virginia > > Maryland > > Massachusetts > > Illinois > > New York > > Tennessee > > Georgia > > Caifornia > > North Carolina > > New Jersey > > > > Where are YOU planning to ride this season? > > For More Information And An Entry Form Visit > > www.wdsrc.com > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > AMA/Dunlop Touring Elite Series Presents: > THE GREAT AMERICAN DUAL SPORT GRAND TOUR > Visit www.wdsrc.com For More Details > -------- > DAYTONA BIKE WEEK DUAL SPORT > Sunday March 2, 2003, Eureka,Florida > visit www.wdsrc.com for more information > -------- > Join The WDSRC recieve the Southern Dual Sporting Newsletter Covering Everything Related To Dual Sporting The South Eastern United States! > > Go to www.wdsrc.com > > Keep Your Bike Quiet, Respect Other Trail Users And The Land Itself. > WDSRC is Proud To Be A Part Of The TREAD LIGHTY! Campaign. > __________________________________________________ > > Shortcut URL to this page: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dixie_Dual_Sport > > Post message: Dixie_Dual_Sport@yahoogroups.com > For more information: http://www.wdsrc.com > List owner: swampy@w... > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > ADVERTISEMENT > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > BlueRidgePathfinders-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

InWoods13@aol.com

dual sport ride

Post by InWoods13@aol.com » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:34 pm

In a message dated 3/12/03 10:09:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, swampy@... writes:
> The Great American Dual Sport Grand Tour > Presented By The Withlacoochee Dual Sport Riders Club > > April 1 thru October 31, 2003 >
Awesome, Swampy! Sounds fun & doable with loaded schedule. Count us in, check's in mail by Friday. Scott (two up KLR gator dodging on the trail, earlier tonight..a first for me, thinkin Lori was kinda surprised too. Looked like a log till we were 6 feet from it) A14 "thunderdog" Sorrento, FL ps: Any CBR600RR owners out there shoot me a note, off list. Honda folks passed (6) or so CBR600RR Daytona 2003 stickers to me with some other junk, at the speedway last Sunday. Useless to me, but likely special to you RR folks. Free, first come first serve, etc. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Jim Priest

getting tire off rim?

Post by Jim Priest » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:19 pm

On 10/20/06, Jeff Saline wrote:
> I really like your suggestion to make sure the rotation is correct before > you install the tire.
On my old 98 KLR I was running the IRC GP110's and at the time for some reason it was suggested to run the front tire 'backwards' - so I promptly installed it 'correctly' reassembed the bike - only to look at it and realize I put it on the 'wrong' way... Doh! But I agree - once you do it a few times it becomes much easier! And the proper tools help! Jim