digest replies nklr

DSN_KLR650
rschulte46

i need a "homebrew" fix.

Post by rschulte46 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:56 pm

My 06 KLR has 4000 miles on it. The first owner swapped out the front brake line for metal braided line and I am happy he did...thank you Bruce. Here is the problem. As the front suspension telescopes in with my weight 290 lbs. and the bumps, boulders, railroad ties that I hit, the braided line bends in toward the front tire and rubs. So far the plastic coating on the braid is gone for about 2.5 inches and the braid is open to the elements. There must be a simple fix for this. Has anyone put some sort of protective covering on their brake line? Is there a way to "guide" it out of the way with a bracket of sxome sort? If you haven't had the problem, go look at your brake line for chaff...maybe we both need a fix. Bob in CT.

John Kokola

i need a "homebrew" fix.

Post by John Kokola » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:30 pm

Bob, I think that you need to reroute the brake line a bit, as they shouldn't rub, but the stuff to use for protecting the line -- in my experience -- is call "Helical Bundling Wrap" in the McMaster-Carr catalog: www.mcmaster.com> (can't direct-link to items in the catalog, just do a search) Send me your address off-line, I'll send you a few feet. --John Kokola -----Original Message-----
>From: rschulte46 > >So far the >plastic coating on the braid is gone for about 2.5 inches and the >braid is open to the elements. > >There must be a simple fix for this. Has anyone put some sort of >protective covering on their brake line? Is there a way to "guide" it >out of the way with a bracket of sxome sort?

J. Christopher Krok

digest replies nklr

Post by J. Christopher Krok » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:36 pm

> 5d. Re: NKLR tire compressor > Posted by: "Mike McC" mjmc335@... mjmc335 > Date: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:19 pm (PDT) > > I hope this gets to the group alright. I'm having some > trouble figuring how to reply to individual posts when > they are embedded in a digest.
I just hit reply, cut out the unwanted text around the post I'm responding to, and then remove "notify-dg-" from the defalult reply address. Doesn't fit in with the message labeling scheme, but gets the reply in without going to the website. Krokko -- J. Christopher Krok, Ph.D. Big Cee Engineering KLR650 Accessories and home of the FAQ