northeast dohickey day

DSN_KLR650
Don S

any changes for 2007 ???????-sure!

Post by Don S » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:02 pm

Kawasaki claim that the reduction in grease is to improve handling by minimizing weight. The reduction of (excess grease) will gain a net saving in mass by approximately .002 grams - about the equivalent of the guts of one blow fly on your head light. The handling improvements are claimed to be "awesome' according to the Kawasaki spokesman. According to the manufacturer, the loosening of fasteners is a major step forward in crash protection for the bike. In the event of a catastrophic mishap, the bike will disassemble itself more readily during the incident thus reducing damage to individual components, which according to our source, will reduce cost in repairs. Kawasaki are very proud of the simple genius of these recent "improvements". Don rick wrote: I think they used less grease in the swing arm and all the screws and bolts are looser
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Mike Frey wrote: > > I think maybe the tires have 1 psi less air in them. > > dhodges75 wrote: > > > Does anyone know if there are any changes other than color choices for > > the 2007 model? > > > > > --------------------------------- Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Don S

Post by Don S » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Kawasaki claim that the reduction in grease is to improve handling by minimizing weight. The reduction of (excess grease) will gain a net saving in mass by approximately .002 grams - about the equivalent of the guts of one blow fly on your head light. The handling improvements are claimed to be "awesome' according to the Kawasaki spokesman. According to the manufacturer, the loosening of fasteners is a major step forward in crash protection for the bike. In the event of a catastrophic mishap, the bike will disassemble itself more readily during the incident thus reducing damage to individual components, which according to our source, will reduce cost in repairs. Kawasaki are very proud of the simple genius of these recent "improvements". Don rick wrote: I think they used less grease in the swing arm and all the screws and bolts are looser
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Mike Frey wrote: > > I think maybe the tires have 1 psi less air in them. > > dhodges75 wrote: > > > Does anyone know if there are any changes other than color choices for > > the 2007 model? > > > > > --------------------------------- Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. --------------------------------- Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1 /min. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Matt Knowles

Post by Matt Knowles » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:02 pm

On Jun 27, 2006, at 3:33 PM, Don S wrote:
> The reduction of (excess grease) will gain a net saving in mass by > approximately .002 grams - about the equivalent of the guts of one > blow fly on your head light. The handling improvements are claimed to > be "awesome' according to the Kawasaki spokesman. >
Actually this wasn't so much a handling issue as a truth in advertising issue. To now get their bikes closer to their advertised dry weights, all new Kawasakis will come from the factory dry. Only enough lubrication is used so that they will actually roll down the assembly line. Before riding away from the dealership on your new improved 2007 Kawasaki, be sure to add the following: brake fluid coolant battery acid gas oil bearing grease The plan to remove the grease from the o-ring chain was fortunately shot down at the last design review meeting. Matt Knowles Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643

rschulte46

northeast dohickey day

Post by rschulte46 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:52 pm

I am interested in a dohickey / valve adjustment work day somewhere within a couple hundred miles of Central CT or in my home in CT. 1) Anyone else interested? 2) Any "wrenches" out there that can lead it? I am a newbie so need help. Bob