saddlebag brackets (brian)

DSN_KLR650
rschulte46

northeast dohickey day

Post by rschulte46 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:01 pm

I am interested in a dohickey / valve adjustment work day somewhere within a couple hundred miles of Central CT or in my home in CT. 1) Anyone else interested? 2) Any "wrenches" out there that can lead it? I am a newbie so need help. Bob

Brian Babin

saddlebag brackets (brian)

Post by Brian Babin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:15 pm

The frame is made from 3/8 inch solid steel. Approx 12 feet of steel was used (to do both sides). This appears to be heavy but it isn't. The 4 bolt connectors were taken from a kawa 1200/1100? (cruiser) rear passenger bars. The frame was completed once I received the saddlebags -- made to order ;-) Top and lower runners are 10 inches before the bend and 5 inches after the bend, for a total of 15. I saved money plus got the racks "I" wanted. Brian A15 -----Original Message----- From: notify@yahoogroups.com [mailto:notify@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Spike55 Sent: June 27, 2006 20:03 To: Brian Babin Subject: Re: Saddle bags brackets I'm kind of thinking about heading in the same direction (home-made). Did you use a solid rod or pipe for the main runner? What diameter and length is needed for the main runner? R100, A6F
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Babin" wrote: > > I just posted pictures of the saddlebags brackets I made for my > ortlieb saddlebags, as well as my top rack. I did not have to > reposition my signal lights as the brackets were made to permit the > bags to ride below the lights. I just returned foma 3 day, 1300 km > trip and everything worked as designed. The tool pipe is made from 2 > 1/2 inch PVC and holds 3 14 inch tire irons and 1 wheel wrench (22mm & > 24mm welded together). Other tools I carry in a separate bag. The top > rack uses the regular bolt holes in the rear rack (using slightly > longer bolts). > > photo album: saddlebag brackets (Brian) > > Brian >