2005 klr 650 for sale in las vegas, nv $3750

DSN_KLR650
jadmt@aol.com

tubes in tubeless tires?

Post by jadmt@aol.com » Sun Nov 11, 2001 1:07 pm

Hi, I found a place (MAW) that sells Dunlop 604's for cheap. But they only list TL type. Can I use these puppies on the KLR? Every where I look says not to use tubes in TL type tires. Help need need new tires soon. Thanks Jeff

Fred Hink

tubes in tubeless tires?

Post by Fred Hink » Sun Nov 11, 2001 1:31 pm

Tubeless tires can be used in place of a tube type tire but a tube type tire should never be used in place of a tubeless tire. I have updated my tire section with new tires w/ pictures and lowered prices. http://www.angelfire.com/ut/fred/frPartsListTires.html Fred www.arrowheadmotorsports.com
----- Original Message ----- From: To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 12:07 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] tubes in tubeless tires? > Hi, I found a place (MAW) that sells Dunlop 604's for cheap. But > they only list TL type. Can I use these puppies on the KLR? Every > where I look says not to use tubes in TL type tires. Help need need > new tires soon. Thanks Jeff >

Jim

tubes in tubeless tires?

Post by Jim » Sun May 21, 2006 7:18 pm

Although I just ordered the Avon Distanzias for my KLR, I'm still tire shopping and comparing...for next time, I guess. I was checking street tires to see what was available to fit our wheels, and found the Bridgetone Battlax's. They come in our original sizes, but are tubeless tires. Is there anything wrong with using them, and just using tubes in them? From what I remember, they are very long wearing tires that handle great on both wet and dry pavement. Best of all, they are cheap! I know they aren't whats usually used on a dualsport bike, but I do mostly road riding anyway. I'm actually thinking of getting an extra set of wheels so I can mount up some real knobbies for those few times I hit the trails, and have street tires on the bike the rest of the time. Now if it would just STOP RAINING!!! Jim

iwillshowufun

2005 klr 650 for sale in las vegas, nv $3750

Post by iwillshowufun » Sun May 21, 2006 8:52 pm

The bike is in good condition. 13k miles as it was riden everyday until about a month ago. The oil has been changed regularly. New chain, brake pads, and new rear tire. Bike has been knocked over once on the left side which broke the mirror mount, bent the clutch handle, and broke off the toe shifter (which was fixed). Other than that the bike runs goods with no mechanical problems. I would like to sell the bike for $3750. But more importantly I would like to sell the bike because i don't ride it anymore. The bike is in North Las Vegas. 7028071705 Jaime