jc whitney new box

DSN_KLR650
A Chesley

re; papers? where?

Post by A Chesley » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:46 am

I keep mine in my helmet in a little sandwich bag. I used to do that for years then started carring them in my tank bag as I was using two different helmets at times. Then last week when I recieved my new ins paperwork and went to update the KLR I couldn't find the little container with them. Probably lost it when pulling the camera out of the tank bag as I do much when riding about researching things. So had to get on the Internet and get a duplicate registration ($14) coming and get another inspection sticker ( can cost your about $150 bucks in Louisiana for not having one) at 10 bucks. Sigh! So both bikes back in the helmet now. Andrus Chesley Jennings, La.

A Chesley

jc whitney new box

Post by A Chesley » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:14 am

Yes, I saw this box the other day, looks even more like a Givi. I have the older one on my KLR and one on my BMW also. Really neat for traveling. I carry my laptop in it with a few things and at motels just put in a change of clothing out of my saddle bags and just carry it and my tank bag to the motel room. Leaving the tank panniers and saddle bags on the bike under the cover. You can also load it up with beer and ice and when getting to the campsite, just unhook it and carry it to the campfire next to your chair for an instant icechest. LOL. Andrus Chesley Jennings, La.