: subject: winterize vs. occasional use?

DSN_KLR650
Conrad & Martha Weiser

shenandoah 500

Post by Conrad & Martha Weiser » Tue Oct 03, 2000 4:32 pm

Greetings All, Is anyone out there in cyber land going to the Shenandoah 500 dual sport ride in Solan, VA, this weekend? If so, look me up. I will be driving a ratty tan and brown suburban with a trailer in tow or if it comes in to the dealer in the next two days a new light pewter Chevy Silverado with same trailer. Hope to see some of you listers there and meet you face to face. How about the dual sport ride in Hammonton, NJ, in two weeks? I will be at that one too. Later. Conrad

Tumu Rock

shenandoah 500

Post by Tumu Rock » Wed Oct 04, 2000 4:06 am

On Tue, 03 Oct 2000 17:32:32 -0400, weisercd@... wrote: Greetings All, Is anyone out there in cyber land going to the Shenandoah 500 dual sport ride in Solan, VA, this weekend? If so, look me up. How about the dual sport ride in Hammonton, NJ, in two weeks? I will be at that one too. Later. Conrad >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> What about the ride on 10/15 in Pennsylvania? Any takers there? I can't make the Shenandoah but I might just be able to squeeze out of work to make the NJ...If so, I'll be looking for you Conrad... dat brooklyn bum _______________________________________________________ Say Bye to Slow Internet! http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html

Conrad & Martha Weiser

shenandoah 500

Post by Conrad & Martha Weiser » Thu Oct 05, 2000 7:01 pm

Greetings All, I picked up my new Chevy pickup last night, had the cap put on today and have everything packed. If you make the VA dual sport ride or the one at Hammonton, NJ, look for me with a light pewter colored Chevy 4x4 pulling a trailer with side racks. Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Conrad

Joe G.

shenandoah 500

Post by Joe G. » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:54 pm

Greetings all, Are there any riders from South Jersey, or surrounding areas heading down for the Shenandoah 500 Dual Sport Ride on the weekend of Oct. 2/3? I'll be riding to the event on Friday the 1st, if any others want to hook up for the trip, contact me directly. For event info, check: http://www.nvtr.org/shen500/index.html Regards, - Joe A12 jg61@...

johnsondesigns2004

shenandoah 500

Post by johnsondesigns2004 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:29 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Joe G." wrote:
> Greetings all, > Are there any riders from South Jersey, or surrounding areas > heading down for the Shenandoah 500 Dual Sport Ride on the > weekend of Oct. 2/3? I'll be riding to the event on Friday the 1st,
if
> any others want to hook up for the trip, contact me directly. For > event info, check: http://www.nvtr.org/shen500/index.html > > Regards, > > - Joe > > A12 > jg61@c...
has anybody here on the list given any thought about hosting our own dual sport ride? not just klr's but anything legal? i have been thinking about this for a while now and it seems like it would be fun to do, not to mention that there is a load of money in it. i was looking at this shenandoah ride, its limited to 150 riders entry fee is 85$ for both days, that $12,000 brought in by this event. the local ironbutt in cali had one a few months back, limited to 250 riders at 55$ each, thats $13,000+. Shenandoah says the proceeds go to maintaing the ohv trails, the iron but didnt specify where the money went. some money obviously lines the pockets of whoever sets the event up, some probably goes to the local gov't for fees and permits. so lets all host a huge dualsport ride, no limit on riders, 2-3 day event, make the entry reasonable and make a ton of money to support the dual-sporting sport, some for local charities and donate a ton of the money to the deisel klr people. sound good to me! A17 Circus Bear

Devon

shenandoah 500

Post by Devon » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:53 pm

johnsondesigns2004@... wrote:
>has anybody here on the list given any thought about hosting our own >dual sport ride? >
Besides NOAB? (and right, you said not just KLRs). Not that I know of. You need to have legal access to a lot of terrain, among many other things.
>not just klr's but anything legal? i have been >thinking about this for a while now and it seems like it would be fun >to do, >
Yes. A lot of work though.
> not to mention that there is a load of money in it. >
No, it just seems that way. By the time you get permits for the huge group of people at the start, permits for the land where the trails are, food, people to cook the food, rollcharts, people to pre-ride and make the rollcharts, people to arrow the course, arrows for the course, port-o-potty's for wherever you're hosting the event, donation for the local first aid squad so you have a meat wagon on hand, insurance so you don't get sued and lose your house, etc.... there's not a whole ton of money left and that gets donated. Nobody's getting rich. Hell, the SJER spent $1500 on beer and BBQ alone the last time I rode their dualsport.
> and make a ton of money to support >the dual-sporting sport, some for local charities and donate a ton of >the money to the deisel klr people. > >
That part does sound pretty good. But I would hope that F1 engineering will succeed on their skills, and not rely upon charity. Devon

rsanders30117

shenandoah 500

Post by rsanders30117 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:22 am

I'm heading to the Shenandoah 500 from the other direction (Georgia). My trip will include doing the full length of the Blue Ridge Parkway for the 1st time on my A14, I can hardly wait. I keeping my fingers & whatever crossed for good weather.
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Joe G." wrote: > Greetings all, > Are there any riders from South Jersey, or surrounding areas > heading down for the Shenandoah 500 Dual Sport Ride on the > weekend of Oct. 2/3? I'll be riding to the event on Friday the 1st, if > any others want to hook up for the trip, contact me directly. For > event info, check: http://www.nvtr.org/shen500/index.html > > Regards, > > - Joe > > A12 > jg61@c...

L.D.

shenandoah 500

Post by L.D. » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:59 pm

I'll see ya'll there I guess. I'd feel pretty stupid if I missed this one as it's less than 20 miles from my house! L.D. A16 Harrisonburg, VA rsanders30117 wrote: I'm heading to the Shenandoah 500 from the other direction (Georgia). My trip will include doing the full length of the Blue Ridge Parkway for the 1st time on my A14, I can hardly wait. I keeping my fingers & whatever crossed for good weather.
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Joe G." wrote: > Greetings all, > Are there any riders from South Jersey, or surrounding areas > heading down for the Shenandoah 500 Dual Sport Ride on the > weekend of Oct. 2/3? I'll be riding to the event on Friday the 1st, if > any others want to hook up for the trip, contact me directly. For > event info, check: http://www.nvtr.org/shen500/index.html > > Regards, > > - Joe > > A12 > jg61@c... List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Yahoo! Groups Links --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? vote.yahoo.com - Register online to vote today! [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

dooden

: subject: winterize vs. occasional use?

Post by dooden » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:15 am

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Alan L Henderson > On the same subject I have an old Toro snowmaster that started and ran > on two year old premix, both in the tank and in the gas can. Never > remembered to run it out of fuel at the end of winter and always
started
> after 5-6 pulls the following winter. > > Alan Henderson A13 Iowa
ah but the big selling point of a Toro was one pull starting... With a snow blower I cheated.. bought one that had 110v electric start, but typically it starts in one or two pulls if primed. Dooden A15 Green Ape