nklr sorta, i puked in my helmet today...

DSN_KLR650
halvor.dan.jon@juno.com

suspension

Post by halvor.dan.jon@juno.com » Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:03 am

I a wondering if there is anything that I can do to improve the suspension on my 2001 KLR650. While riding the trails last night I noticed that the front end bottomed out twice and the rear also. Please don't say loose weight. Dan

Karl Raupp

suspension

Post by Karl Raupp » Thu Sep 14, 2000 5:06 pm

Yes, Progressive Suspension fork springs and rear shock spring. I think they also sell a complete rear shock. I was always bottoming out before, and now I only do occassionally. Good luck! Karl
> I a wondering if there is anything that I can do to improve the > suspension on my 2001 KLR650. While riding the trails last night I > noticed that the front end bottomed out twice and the rear also. > > Please don't say loose weight. > > Dan

DOUGUR@aol.com

suspension

Post by DOUGUR@aol.com » Tue Sep 19, 2000 1:51 pm

If you should decide to replace your rear shock, I would be interested in purchasing the stock one. Can anyone tell me if it would fit on my '89 klr650? Thanks, Doug

suspension

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 19, 2000 3:03 pm

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:51:24 EDT DOUGUR@... wrote:
>If you should decide to replace your rear shock, I would be interested in >purchasing the stock one. > >Can anyone tell me if it would fit on my '89 klr650? > >Thanks, >Doug >Doug, As far as I know all the rear shocks are the same. I have a 92 and a 95 and they are the same. Check out Dual Star they have the stock shock for 150.00. They are over 600.00 from the dealer!! Later, MM >Visit the KLR650 archives at >http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 >Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... >Let's keep this list SPAM free! > >Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > > >
Signup for your FREE ZenSearch E-MAIL account at http://www.zensearch.net and win a Notebook PC

Chris Krok

suspension

Post by Chris Krok » Fri Sep 07, 2001 9:40 am

> >Yes, especially for the hefty man-sized rider. > >I used to bottom out my stocker all the time, but now I only bottom > >out the Progressive shock once or twice a day in the tuff stuff. > > Getting your prodigious derriere up off the saddle from time to time > can help in this regard. No expensive shock necessary.
Man-sized riders riding man-sized bikes in a manly fashion over manly terrain can easily bottom the shock even while standing on the pegs. Didn't we larn ya nuthin' on 5 July?
> Thanks Doc, > > I've been finding the 'List quest' option for archives only go from > about Nov 2000 back.? The 'search archives' option is more recent?
No problemo! I saved that specific e-mail (thanks to Rich Kickbush), 'cuz I'm interested in hooking one of those babies up myself. It's a decent unit for $50, not so for $75! The archives do seem a bit squirrely at times. El Krokko Macho -- Dr. J. Christopher Krok Project Engineer, Adaptive Wall Wind Tunnel Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories, California Institute of Technology MS 205-45 Phone: 626.395.4794 Pasadena, CA 91125 Fax: 626.449.2677

RichardM

suspension

Post by RichardM » Fri Sep 07, 2001 3:29 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Chris Krok wrote:
>Man-sized riders riding man-sized bikes in a manly fashion over manly >terrain can easily bottom the shock even while standing on the pegs. >Didn't we larn ya nuthin' on 5 July?
My shock bottomed? I didn't notice. I was too busy trying not to demonstrate "technical riding" to the group. No turn-signal anal-probes here, no sir. Homey don't play that.
>The archives do seem a bit squirrely at times.
ListQuest is just damned wierd the way it threads the messages. Toby might consider having eScribe archive the list in addition to ListQuest. RM

RichardM

suspension

Post by RichardM » Fri Sep 07, 2001 3:44 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Chris Krok wrote:
>Man-sized riders riding man-sized bikes in a manly fashion over manly >terrain can easily bottom the shock even while standing on the pegs. >Didn't we larn ya nuthin' on 5 July?
Besides, if the terrain is *truly* manly, you'll be too scared shitless to notice the limitations of your rear suspension. Afterwards, you'll boast about how easy that section was. That's the manly way, Sir Krokko. A bottoming shock is a self-correcting problem. Most people have to rationalize major purchases. I figure out how to justify NOT making said purchases. Gotta keep myself in check. RM

Mark St.Hilaire, Sr

suspension

Post by Mark St.Hilaire, Sr » Fri Sep 07, 2001 4:42 pm

> Besides, if the terrain is *truly* manly, you'll be too scared > shitless to notice the limitations of your rear suspension.
I think I have to toss in my 2 cents worth here. A true manly man would never be afraid of terrain that is manly, he would embrace it, and make it his own, and he would do it wearing the same underwear that he's been wearing for the past 16 days. Know this, then, Grasshopper. A man who is scared of truly manly terrain is not, and never was, manly. And there you have it from a guy who kept his homesick niece going through 4 years of college with letters all about manliness. (So she'd be prepared for a manly husband one day...) Mark St.Hilaire, Sr msaint@... A15 My HomePage: http://home.adelphia.net/~msaint/index.html My KLR650 Pages: http://klr6500.tripod.com/ Valve Check & Adjustment Guide: http://klr6500.tripod.com/valves.html

J. Sherlock

suspension

Post by J. Sherlock » Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:30 pm

Dave, Sure thing, The company is called "Precision Concepts." They are located in El Cajon, California. The address is: Precision Concepts 1675 N. Johnson Avenue El Cajon, California 92020-1238 Telephone: (619) 593-7473 Proprietors: Bob & Diane Bell Normally, you talk to Diane. Bob seems to be quite satisfied staying in the shop and working. Yes, they do rebuild the stock shock and will set it up for your needs. I got a 600 pound progressive spring, a Gold Valve, new seals and a urethane bump stop. He also revalved the shock for my riding styles. The price was $149.00 plus parts. Parts came to $258.84, Nitrogen refill was $8.00, and insurance for $800 was $4.80. The total was $420.64. Now remember, I'm a big guy at 280 pounds, so that point had to be addressed. The really neat part is I still have my easy/stock pre-load adjuster, and rebound adjuster. Bob, adjusted the damping internally. So, I have been so pleased with my shock. It has actually been rideable without bottoming or trying to act like a horse. The idea about the forks, I got from Motorcyclist or Rider magazine when they did that KLR project a couple years ago. They seemed quite pleased with the results, as was Elden. Well, that's all of it. Just in case someone else has any interest I'm going to cc this to the list. It's really hard to find receipts, with my wife's filing method. Have a Happy Holiday Season jim-ama585601
----- Original Message ----- From: david gay To: jim_ama585601@... Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 7:01 PM Subject: suspension Hi Jim, How you been feeling? I was wondering if you could send any info on the place you are going top send your forks? Did you also say they rebuild the stock shock? I'm hoping to up-grade the suspension before next summer, so I was wanting to see what was available. Later, Dave A12 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Glen

suspension

Post by Glen » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:13 am

I have a 2000 KLR 650 and I just saw a 2003 and it looked like it was sitting really high on the front for sure higher than mine and I was wondering how hard this is boost mine up like that cause I have been known to jump it and it has bottomed out on my and I was wondering if I should put air?? in them fork oil?? or what to do?? I have the service manual and a rough understaning of mechanics can I fix this myself or should I get the shop to do it?? I just thought it looked lots meaner with the front end up higher!!! Thanks