250 - 400cc enduro nklr

DSN_KLR650
cav_wolverine

klr650 real cost.

Post by cav_wolverine » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:48 pm

OK, honestly, does anyone know what a dealer pays for a new KLR650 from the factory. My friends and I all got 80% of MSRP, +tax, on our sportbikes from various Michigan dealers, so I think that's a fair rule, but c'mon, the KLR650 has got to be less. thanks cav

Mike Frey

klr650 real cost.

Post by Mike Frey » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:06 pm

----- Original Message ----- From: "cav_wolverine" Subject: [DSN_KLR650] KLR650 real cost. > > OK, honestly, does anyone know what a dealer pays for a new >KLR650 > from the factory. > > My friends and I all got 80% of MSRP, +tax, on our sportbikes from > various Michigan dealers, so I think that's a fair rule, but c'mon, > the KLR650 has got to be less. > > thanks > cav > ------------- reply ----------- It's a closely held secret, but I don't think that dealer cost of a KLR-650 is 20% less than the list price. I believe it's somewhere in the vicinity of $4,500

Guy B. Young II

klr650 real cost.

Post by Guy B. Young II » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:29 pm

I'm not sure why, but that question kinda rubs me the wrong way. Who freakin' cares what they pay for the bike. The real question is what the bike is worth to you - regardless of where it comes from. These people have to make a living, just like you and me, and they may be the best friends you could hope for if things go bad. A bad feeling on their part during the sale may cause a lot of duress later when you need that (questionable) warranty repair. Guy -----Original Message----- From: cav_wolverine Sent: Apr 21, 2005 7:48 PM To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_KLR650] KLR650 real cost. OK, honestly, does anyone know what a dealer pays for a new KLR650 from the factory. My friends and I all got 80% of MSRP, +tax, on our sportbikes from various Michigan dealers, so I think that's a fair rule, but c'mon, the KLR650 has got to be less. thanks cav Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Yahoo! Groups Links

Joseph Jones

klr650 real cost.

Post by Joseph Jones » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:59 pm

When I bought my A18 from a dealer 55 miles away, in London Ky, I ask the dealer here in Middlesboro what he could get me one for (he didn't have one in stock) he said he would have to pay a dealer $4450 for it, then go get it. I paid $47?? for it.( it was 5100 with taxes, tags and title.)
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "cav_wolverine" wrote: > > OK, honestly, does anyone know what a dealer pays for a new KLR650 > from the factory. > > My friends and I all got 80% of MSRP, +tax, on our sportbikes from > various Michigan dealers, so I think that's a fair rule, but c'mon, > the KLR650 has got to be less. > > thanks > > cav

Mike Frey

klr650 real cost.

Post by Mike Frey » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:37 pm

----- Original Message ----- From: "Guy B. Young II" > > I'm not sure why, but that question kinda rubs me the wrong way. > > Who freakin' cares what they pay for the bike. The real question is what > the bike is worth to you - regardless of where it comes from. > > These people have to make a living, just like you and me, and they may be > the best friends you could hope for if things go bad. A bad feeling on > their part during the sale may cause a lot of duress later when you need > that (questionable) warranty repair. > > Guy ------- reply -------------- A long time ago, when I worked at the local Kawasaki shop, guys would go 100 miles, or more, just to get a $100 better deal. (this was when the most expensive bike was the new Z1 at $1995) Those same guys would bitch and moan when we would charge them full price for parts and service while those that bought their bikes at our shop got discounts and special favors such as free tire mounting, flat tires fixed for free, and so on. My first brand new bike ever was my 175 F-7: $699, list price. Friends told me "Oh, you coulda got it at so-and-so for $650". I got a lot more than $50 worth of favors and freebies from that purchase. I happily paid full price on my KLR but got my leftover ZRX at dealer cost (I wouldn't have bought it otherwise). Approximately 20 years elapsed between my last new bike and next new bike (the KLR), but the shop owners would tell me "We know you'll buy a new one from us eventually". I get treated pretty well by my local Kawasaki / Suzuki / BMW shop. Mike

Stuart Mumford

klr650 real cost.

Post by Stuart Mumford » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:54 pm

> -----Original Message----- > Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:29:05 -0400 (GMT-04:00) > From: "Guy B. Young II" > I'm not sure why, but that question kinda rubs me the wrong way. >
Because it's like saying "Screw you, dealer!"
> Who freakin' cares what they pay for the bike. The real question > is what the bike is worth to you - regardless of where it comes from.
Exactly.
> > These people have to make a living, just like you and me, and > they may be the best friends you could hope for if things go bad. > A bad feeling on their part during the sale may cause a lot of > duress later when you need that (questionable) warranty repair. > > Guy >
Hear here!
> > -----Original Message----- > OK, honestly, does anyone know what a dealer pays for a new KLR650 > from the factory. > > My friends and I all got 80% of MSRP, +tax, on our sportbikes from > various Michigan dealers, so I think that's a fair rule, but c'mon, > the KLR650 has got to be less. > > thanks > > cav >
How much did you pay for your sportbike? Probably a damn sight more than the KLR lists for, right? Pay the guy his ~$5400 for a new KLR, get yourself a 20% discount card for any merch. or service, and call it a deal. Dealers and salesmen have wives and kids, too, ya know. I should know; you're looking at one of their sons. Thanks CA Stu

Guy B. Young II

klr650 real cost.

Post by Guy B. Young II » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:12 pm

Yeah, and if I remember correctly, dealer cost on that bike was around $1500. I, too, have been on the other side of the counter (sorry MCN). Guy ------- reply -------------- A long time ago, when I worked at the local Kawasaki shop, guys would go 100 miles, or more, just to get a $100 better deal. (this was when the most expensive bike was the new Z1 at $1995) Those same guys would bitch and moan when we would charge them full price for parts and service while those that bought their bikes at our shop got discounts and special favors such as free tire mounting, flat tires fixed for free, and so on. My first brand new bike ever was my 175 F-7: $699, list price. Friends told me "Oh, you coulda got it at so-and-so for $650". I got a lot more than $50 worth of favors and freebies from that purchase. I happily paid full price on my KLR but got my leftover ZRX at dealer cost (I wouldn't have bought it otherwise). Approximately 20 years elapsed between my last new bike and next new bike (the KLR), but the shop owners would tell me "We know you'll buy a new one from us eventually". I get treated pretty well by my local Kawasaki / Suzuki / BMW shop. Mike

matteeanne@yahoo.com

klr650 real cost.

Post by matteeanne@yahoo.com » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:52 pm

However, there are dealers out there like CYCLEBARN IN LYYNWOOD WASHINGTON, that screw you. We as brother/sister bikers would do well to warn each other about the bad guys.... --- Stuart Mumford wrote:
> > > > > -----Original Message----- > > Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:29:05 -0400 > (GMT-04:00) > > From: "Guy B. Young II" > > > I'm not sure why, but that question kinda rubs me > the wrong way. > > > > Because it's like saying "Screw you, dealer!" > > > Who freakin' cares what they pay for the bike. > The real question > > is what the bike is worth to you - regardless of > where it comes from. > > Exactly. > > > > > These people have to make a living, just like you > and me, and > > they may be the best friends you could hope for if > things go bad. > > A bad feeling on their part during the sale may > cause a lot of > > duress later when you need that (questionable) > warranty repair. > > > > Guy > > > > Hear here! > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > OK, honestly, does anyone know what a dealer pays > for a new KLR650 > > from the factory. > > > > My friends and I all got 80% of MSRP, +tax, on our > sportbikes from > > various Michigan dealers, so I think that's a fair > rule, but c'mon, > > the KLR650 has got to be less. > > > > thanks > > > > cav > > > > How much did you pay for your sportbike? Probably a > damn sight more than the > KLR lists for, right? > > Pay the guy his ~$5400 for a new KLR, get yourself a > 20% discount card for > any merch. or service, and call it a deal. > > Dealers and salesmen have wives and kids, too, ya > know. > > I should know; you're looking at one of their sons. > > Thanks > CA Stu > > > > Archive Quicksearch at: >
http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html
> List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: > www.dualsportnews.com > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: > www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > DSN_KLR650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > > >
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com

Chris

klr650 real cost.

Post by Chris » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:58 pm

$2300 with all the optional sun fade, questionable wiring, and accessory scratches included. I keep forgetting they make new KLR's. Then again I bought a new lawn mower...sometimes I wonder.

CA Stu

klr650 real cost.

Post by CA Stu » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:04 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, wrote:
> However, there are dealers out there like CYCLEBARN IN > LYYNWOOD WASHINGTON, that screw you. We as > brother/sister bikers would do well to warn each other > about the bad guys.... > --- Stuart Mumford wrote: > > > >
I won't argue that point. Not every business is well run and honest. Also, the Easter Bunny isn't real. However, a better question may be "what is a reasonable price to pay for a new KLR?", rather than "What is dealer cost on a new KLR?". Cheers CA Stu