clocking the odometer

DSN_KLR650

cee bailey's

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:56 pm

Anyone use them to re-build your seat? According to their web site they have been doing lots of police bikes but they also do civilian ones... various makes and models.

Thor Lancelot Simon

cee bailey's

Post by Thor Lancelot Simon » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:26 pm

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 03:56:02AM -0000, polarh2o wrote:
> > > Anyone use them to re-build your seat? According to their web site > they have been doing lots of police bikes but they also do civilian > ones... various makes and models.
I will never do business with them again. I had an extremely bad experience with them which you can find detailed in the list archives: basically, they sent me a windshield that didn't fit, and that was obviously made wrong: the template marks on the backing sheet didn't line up to the holes they'd drilled (*or* to my bike, but that's another matter). Then they lied to me and said they were fedexing me a replacement; in fact, they sent it ground. It didn't fit either -- the exact same way -- even though I offered to send them an OEM shield to use as a pattern to be sure it was right before they sent it to me. Throughout the whole experience they were alternately dishonest and nonresponsive. Ultimately I had to threaten them with reversing the credit card charges to get a refund. When I mentioned that on this list others I trust responded and described very bad experiences with them as well. -- Thor Lancelot Simon tls@... "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky

Guillaume McDowell

cee bailey's

Post by Guillaume McDowell » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:15 am

I've gotten a windshield from them. Best bang for the buck, I thought. -realpolitiklr
On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 03:56:02 -0000, polarh2o wrote: > > > Anyone use them to re-build your seat? According to their web site > they have been doing lots of police bikes but they also do civilian > ones... various makes and models. > > Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > >

Guillaume McDowell

cee bailey's

Post by Guillaume McDowell » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:26 pm

How far back in the archives should I look? I am interested in your story. -realpolitiklr
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 23:26:49 -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote: > > On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 03:56:02AM -0000, polarh2o wrote: > > > > > > Anyone use them to re-build your seat? According to their web site > > they have been doing lots of police bikes but they also do civilian > > ones... various makes and models. > > I will never do business with them again. I had an extremely bad > experience with them which you can find detailed in the list archives: > basically, they sent me a windshield that didn't fit, and that was > obviously made wrong: the template marks on the backing sheet didn't > line up to the holes they'd drilled (*or* to my bike, but that's another > matter). Then they lied to me and said they were fedexing me a > replacement; in fact, they sent it ground. It didn't fit either -- > the exact same way -- even though I offered to send them an OEM > shield to use as a pattern to be sure it was right before they sent > it to me. Throughout the whole experience they were alternately > dishonest and nonresponsive. > > Ultimately I had to threaten them with reversing the credit card > charges to get a refund. When I mentioned that on this list others > I trust responded and described very bad experiences with them as > well. > > -- > Thor Lancelot Simon tls@... > > "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be > abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky > > > Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > >

Guillaume McDowell

cee bailey's

Post by Guillaume McDowell » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:31 pm

Found one: Message # 81710 -Realpolitiklr
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 00:26:28 -0500, Guillaume McDowell wrote: > How far back in the archives should I look? I am interested in your story. > -realpolitiklr > > > On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 23:26:49 -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote: > > > > On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 03:56:02AM -0000, polarh2o wrote: > > > > > > > > > Anyone use them to re-build your seat? According to their web site > > > they have been doing lots of police bikes but they also do civilian > > > ones... various makes and models. > > > > I will never do business with them again. I had an extremely bad > > experience with them which you can find detailed in the list archives: > > basically, they sent me a windshield that didn't fit, and that was > > obviously made wrong: the template marks on the backing sheet didn't > > line up to the holes they'd drilled (*or* to my bike, but that's another > > matter). Then they lied to me and said they were fedexing me a > > replacement; in fact, they sent it ground. It didn't fit either -- > > the exact same way -- even though I offered to send them an OEM > > shield to use as a pattern to be sure it was right before they sent > > it to me. Throughout the whole experience they were alternately > > dishonest and nonresponsive. > > > > Ultimately I had to threaten them with reversing the credit card > > charges to get a refund. When I mentioned that on this list others > > I trust responded and described very bad experiences with them as > > well. > > > > -- > > Thor Lancelot Simon tls@... > > > > "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be > > abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky > > > > > > Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com > > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > >

Thor Lancelot Simon

cee bailey's

Post by Thor Lancelot Simon » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:04 am

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 12:26:28AM -0500, Guillaume McDowell wrote:
> > How far back in the archives should I look? I am interested in your story.
See messages 80940, 80942, 81641, and 81710. Cee Bailey's are really about as low as it gets, as far as I'm concerned. Thor

clint lee jin yew

clocking the odometer

Post by clint lee jin yew » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:42 pm

practical but not moral DO NOT TRY!!!!! pull out cable at the wheel side, attach fan ( yes electric fan ) and switch on fan. goes forward? no, then forget about it. :) clint

polarh2o

cee bailey's

Post by polarh2o » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:33 pm

I just got my seat re-upolstered and a +8 windshield from Cee Bailey's. They both are great. I dealt with Ken and Steve and they were very service oriented. (Both are avid motorcyclists and KLR owners) Great product and service and the prices were reasonable. Check out their website.