klr 650 for sale indianapolis - pic

DSN_KLR650
frankconley

warm grips

Post by frankconley » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:27 am

It was about 25 degrees this morning. I don't know how to calculate windchill, but travelling at about 40 mph in traffic, my fingers were feeling plenty enough pain from the cold. Aerostitch and Dual Star have a variety of warm grip options. Anyone have any practical experience with them? Do they need to be wired directly to the battery, or do city lights work?

Tengai Mark Van Horn

warm grips

Post by Tengai Mark Van Horn » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:06 pm

At 5:26 PM +0000 12/16/04, frankconley wrote:
>It was about 25 degrees this morning. I don't know how to calculate >windchill, but travelling at about 40 mph in traffic, my fingers >were feeling plenty enough pain from the cold. Aerostitch and Dual >Star have a variety of warm grip options. Anyone have any practical >experience with them? Do they need to be wired directly to the >battery, or do city lights work?
I have Kimpex grip heaters on my bike wired to the city lights. I like the grip heaters vs. Hot Grips for two reasons: 1. They're cheaper, like 1/3 to 1/2 the cost. 2. When your grips wear out, you can replace the grips and still have heat. Kimpex grip heaters are stocked at almost any cycle shop I've been to (except the shops between Quebec City and Baie Comeau Quebec). The high setting gets warm enough that I can wear just motocross gloves down to about 25F with my Tusk handguards and wind deflectors. I could probably go down to 0F in motocross gloves with full coverage bar mitts or 1 gallon Ziploc bags used as such. I like the feel and dexterity that motocross gloves provide and I avoid wearing heavier gloves when possible. Mark

rwhitham

klr 650 for sale indianapolis - pic

Post by rwhitham » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:29 pm

Forgot Picture Link - http://photos.yahoo.com/rwhitham --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "rwhitham" wrote:
> > Less than 500 miles 2004 KLR 650, perfect condition. > > Located in Indianapolis, IN > > $4,100. > > Email me if interested at klr4sale.20.rickw@d...