p.s.

DSN_KLR650
Eric

vaccuum line from carb

Post by Eric » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:55 pm

I'm getting all the bugs worked out of my (new) 650... The hose that goes from the diaphragm at the petcock to the carb has a 't' on it... that 't' is blocked off. Where should it go? Also the left hand vent from the tank is blocked. same question... Thanks! ~E

Eric L. Green

vaccuum line from carb

Post by Eric L. Green » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:37 pm

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Eric wrote:
> I'm getting all the bugs worked out of my (new) 650... The hose > that goes from the diaphragm at the petcock to the carb has a 't' on > it... that 't' is blocked off. Where should it go? Also the left > hand vent from the tank is blocked. same question... Thanks!
On Californicated KLR's, those go to the emissions control junk, if I'm remembering my vacuum hoses right. So they should be blocked on a 49 states KLR. -E

CA Stu

vaccuum line from carb

Post by CA Stu » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:41 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Eric L. Green" wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Eric wrote: > > I'm getting all the bugs worked out of my (new) 650... The hose > > that goes from the diaphragm at the petcock to the carb has a 't' on > > it... that 't' is blocked off. Where should it go? Also the left > > hand vent from the tank is blocked. same question... Thanks! > > On Californicated KLR's, those go to the emissions control junk, if I'm > remembering my vacuum hoses right. So they should be blocked on a 49 > states KLR. > > -E
This is partially correct. On 49 state models, the tank only has one vent. On CA models, there is a return line. Also, I don't believe that there would be a T in the petcock vacuum line on 49 staters. That vacuum line controls your KLR's fuel petcock, which has a valve in it that will not flow fuel unless it is under vacuum (i.e. engine is running). Thanks CA Stu

John Lyon

vaccuum line from carb

Post by John Lyon » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:41 pm

Eric, This link should help: http://klr6500.tripod.com/decalif.htm --- Eric wrote:
> > I'm getting all the bugs worked out of my (new) > 650... The hose > that goes from the diaphragm at the petcock to the > carb has a 't' on > it... that 't' is blocked off. Where should it go? > Also the left > hand vent from the tank is blocked. same > question... Thanks!
===== John

klr6501995

vaccuum line from carb

Post by klr6501995 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:35 pm

could this T have been to open something else ? Maybe a scott oiler or whatever ?
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "CA Stu" wrote: > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Eric L. Green" > wrote: > > On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Eric wrote: > > > I'm getting all the bugs worked out of my (new) 650... The hose > > > that goes from the diaphragm at the petcock to the carb has a 't' on > > > it... that 't' is blocked off. Where should it go? Also the left > > > hand vent from the tank is blocked. same question... Thanks! > > > > On Californicated KLR's, those go to the emissions control junk, if I'm > > remembering my vacuum hoses right. So they should be blocked on a 49 > > states KLR. > > > > -E > > This is partially correct. On 49 state models, the tank only has one > vent. On CA models, there is a return line. > Also, I don't believe that there would be a T in the petcock vacuum > line on 49 staters. > > That vacuum line controls your KLR's fuel petcock, which has a valve > in it that will not flow fuel unless it is under vacuum (i.e. engine > is running). > > Thanks > CA Stu

Keith Saltzer

vaccuum line from carb

Post by Keith Saltzer » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:50 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" wrote:
> > I'm getting all the bugs worked out of my (new) 650... The hose > that goes from the diaphragm at the petcock to the carb has a 't'
on
> it... that 't' is blocked off. Where should it go? Also the left > hand vent from the tank is blocked. same question... Thanks! > ~E
I still don't see a complete answer about this, so I'll answer it too. The "T" that you speak of, if on a NON-Ca bike, is usually a Scottoiler. OEM non-Ca bikes don't have it. In Scottoiler's instructions, that is where they say to mount the "T" that comes in their kit. The "T" on a Ca bike is OEM and is in that spot too. It goes to the little round black canister on the left side of the bike, just above the left foot peg. If you don't have the canister anymore, plug it or get rid of the "T" altogether. I'd get rid of it. I suspect you have a CA bike because next you ask about the tanks "left vent". Ca bikes have 2 nipples on the tank near the mounting bolts. The LEFT or BLUE stickered vent should be OPEN. Every KLR has this one. Just route the line down to the drain bundle with the rest of your hoses. The RIGHT or RED stickered vent goes to that little round canister on the left side of the bike too. If you plug it, don't use something that gas can eat away at and destroy down the road. I use MSR steel in that hole when I decalifornicate KLR's. MrMoose A8 (Barbie and Ken special)

trent johnson

p.s.

Post by trent johnson » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:51 pm

Make it 6 bikes! i will be bringing my A14 and A17, my bosses 99 klr250! he bought it off of ebay, at this point the bike does not run and the DPO does not know why. i will be picking the bike up this weekend. A17 Circus Bear --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

kdxkawboy@aol.com

vaccuum line from carb

Post by kdxkawboy@aol.com » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:45 pm

In a message dated 2004-10-13 2:42:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time, s2mumford@... writes:
> > This is partially correct. On 49 state models, the tank only has one > vent. On CA models, there is a return line. > Also, I don't believe that there would be a T in the petcock vacuum > line on 49 staters. > >
On the CA model the line from the "T" runs to the bottom of the liquid/vapor separator and the that is the beast with the breather line back to the gas tank. The return line to the gas tank comes in from the canister - the final 'mile' of the vapor recovery path. You ca keep the capped "T" or you can replace it with a single length of vacuum hose running from the carb to the petcock. Pat G'ville, Nv [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]