is there a longer throttle tube for klr?

DSN_KLR650
Conrad Jackson

klx fork exchange. thanks to those who replied.

Post by Conrad Jackson » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:55 am

Thanks guys, Is there a chance, vintageracer, that you will publish the rest of your extremely helpful report? I'd like to see how this story ends. Cam J. --- vintageracer8882 wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Zachariah Mully > > wrote: > > Conrad Jackson wrote: > > > Hello All, > > > Does anybody know on the list if it is possible > to use > > > the KLR standard front brake on KLX forks? I > have the > > > option to buy some KLX suspension legs but minus > brake > > > and triple crown. I'm wanting to build a new > front end > > > at my leisure and install the whole unit later. > There > > > was a how-to on this operation on one of the > many KLR > > > sites (the name of which I forget at this > minute) but > > > the report was incomplete. Anybody seen a full > report > > > laying around? > > > > No. And though my procedure page was incomplete, > the parts list was > > certainely not incomplete. You will need a > complete front end off a > KLX. > > > > http://www.borkbork.net > > > > Z > > DC > > A5X > > A12X > > > i am also going to do this swap.... already > installed new tire and > fork seals and oil..... now if i ever get my > freaking bushings .... > ugggggghhhhhhh > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at > www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris > Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > >
__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Zachariah Mully

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:59 am

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 07:55, Conrad Jackson wrote:
> Thanks guys, > Is there a chance, vintageracer, that you will publish > the rest of your extremely helpful report? I'd like to > see how this story ends. > Cam J.
Basically the parts I left out are the making of a speedo mount. If you're going to an electronic bicycle speedo or enduro computer it really wouldn't apply as the mounts would be totally different. Z DC A5X A12X

vintageracer8882

Post by vintageracer8882 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:48 am

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Conrad Jackson wrote: actually cam thats zachs report. havent seen him on here in a while but keep your eye out for him and maybe he will help you out. good luck, scott
> Thanks guys, > Is there a chance, vintageracer, that you will publish > the rest of your extremely helpful report? I'd like to > see how this story ends. > Cam J. > > > --- vintageracer8882 > wrote: > > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Zachariah Mully > > > > wrote: > > > Conrad Jackson wrote: > > > > Hello All, > > > > Does anybody know on the list if it is possible > > to use > > > > the KLR standard front brake on KLX forks? I > > have the > > > > option to buy some KLX suspension legs but minus > > brake > > > > and triple crown. I'm wanting to build a new > > front end > > > > at my leisure and install the whole unit later. > > There > > > > was a how-to on this operation on one of the > > many KLR > > > > sites (the name of which I forget at this > > minute) but > > > > the report was incomplete. Anybody seen a full > > report > > > > laying around? > > > > > > No. And though my procedure page was incomplete, > > the parts list was > > > certainely not incomplete. You will need a > > complete front end off a > > KLX. > > > > > > http://www.borkbork.net > > > > > > Z > > > DC > > > A5X > > > A12X > > > > > > i am also going to do this swap.... already > > installed new tire and > > fork seals and oil..... now if i ever get my > > freaking bushings .... > > ugggggghhhhhhh > > > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at > > www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris > > Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard. > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

vintageracer8882

Post by vintageracer8882 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:53 am

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Zachariah Mully wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 07:55, Conrad Jackson wrote: > > Thanks guys, > > Is there a chance, vintageracer, that you will publish > > the rest of your extremely helpful report? I'd like to > > see how this story ends. > > Cam J. > > Basically the parts I left out are the making of a speedo mount. If > you're going to an electronic bicycle speedo or enduro computer it > really wouldn't apply as the mounts would be totally different. > > Z > DC > A5X > A12X
just as i speak there he is. im making a custom speedo mount for minre so i can use the factory gauges. will try and get pics when finished today. scott

rwhitham

is there a longer throttle tube for klr?

Post by rwhitham » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:45 am

Apologies if I am asking an obvious question, but I've been lurking on this list for a while now and have not seen an answer for my particular problem. Does anyone else feel the stock throttle tube is too small? Especially since I've added a "throttle-lock" cruise control. (I mostly only get to ride to work, and it's all interstate when I do. The off-road capabilities are for occasional off roading with my son on his TTR-90.) Is there an easy mod to install a longer throttle tube?