carb advice

DSN_KLR650
relemcke

metzeler enduro 3 sahara

Post by relemcke » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:29 am

Does anybody have any experience with these tires?

John Thompson

metzeler enduro 3 sahara

Post by John Thompson » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:46 pm

JUST bought some (~100 miles) so no real-world results yet. But a few miles of jeep trails & I had no complaints on traction. But the price is steep in general... JT
>From: "relemcke" >To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [DSN_klr650] Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara >Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:25:53 -0000 > >Does anybody have any experience with these tires? > > > > >List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ >courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html >Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > >
_________________________________________________________________ On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement

The Mule

metzeler enduro 3 sahara

Post by The Mule » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:47 pm

> Does anybody have any experience with these tires?
........Ido! I do! I tried a rear, though it was just "OK". A little expensive, only got about 2500-3000 miles out of it, and mildly disappointed in offroad traction. I much prefer the Conti TKC80 in this category (50-50), though they're a bear to take on and off cold being stiff sided "tubeless" design, which is actually probably an advantage if you have a rolling flat (more stable and durable). Steve The Mule A17

The Mule

carb advice

Post by The Mule » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:07 pm

> On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 16:35, The Mule wrote: >> ..........Some have noted (as Mark does above) the K&N doesn't breathe as >> well as foam, and others have expressed concern over the K&N having >> inadequate filtration, allowing some fine particles through. I used to >> use a >> K&N, I'm back to foam (rotating stock and TwinAir right now). Foam's >> easier > > K&N's plug up way too easily, IMO. Cost me a day on the TAT diagnosing a > pooched K&N filter. The two other KLRs had a Uni and a TwinAir, both of > which were subjected to the same amount of dust, neither of which packed > up quite so quickly as the K&N and neither of which showed any > particulate matter behind them. Plus you can pack an extra clean oiled > foam filter, but you can't do the same with the K&N. > > -- > Z
.........Yup, love being able to pack an extra pre-oiled foam filter without worrying about it being crushed. You can also throw on a Filterskin if you're gonna be in extra dusty conditions, then slip it off and ride out the plain foam filter under more normal conditions. Steve The Mule A17