its me

DSN_KLR650
JRC

stock carb jet size?

Post by JRC » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:22 am

My bike is still acting like it's running lean, so I'll probably dig into the carb this weekend. Because the carb was worked on by one of the previous owners (pilot screw plug was drilled out), I don't know what else has been done to the carb. Can anyone tell me the stock jet and needle size? I want to ascertain if any other mods have been done to the jets and needle or if these items are stock. Thanks Jim '99 KLR 650 '01 Intruder LC1500

rsanders30117

stock carb jet size?

Post by rsanders30117 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:34 pm

If the carburetor needle has notches (which is good), then it's not OEM. If no notches, then it's OEM & the jet is probably standard. A previous owner may have simply tweaked the idle mixture. Be care with the diaphragm. Let it air out over night to shrink back to normal size & use a smear of grease to hold it in place while installing the cap.
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "JRC" wrote: > My bike is still acting like it's running lean, so I'll probably dig > into the carb this weekend. > Because the carb was worked on by one of the previous owners (pilot > screw plug was drilled out), I don't know what else has been done to > the carb. > Can anyone tell me the stock jet and needle size? I want to > ascertain if any other mods have been done to the jets and needle or > if these items are stock. > > Thanks > > Jim > > '99 KLR 650 > '01 Intruder LC1500

rdbeer@psy.ucsd.edu

its me

Post by rdbeer@psy.ucsd.edu » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:25 pm

your document is not good [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]