street tires: who's using what

DSN_KLR650
todostiempos

nklr-horizons meeting in nc in june

Post by todostiempos » Fri May 14, 2004 10:06 am

Anyone planning to be at the Horizons Unlimited meeting in North Carolina the third week of June? I haven't heard anyone mention it but maybe through Grant we could arrange a KLR camping section at the new venue. The place looks very cool but there is only space enough for 300-350 campers. For $15 you get access to all the slideshows and a couple stickers and I think there is a cookout Saturday night. Spice and I will be there and try to put together a little presentation of our ride. Grant has said he is presenting a little seminar on Adventure Touring or something like that. For a little more $ you can have a t-shirt. It may be THE east coast event. Imagine 300 like-minded bikers in one place that is NOT Harley related. We are looking forward it. Chris Jones

Pete Johnsen

street tires: who's using what

Post by Pete Johnsen » Sat May 15, 2004 10:44 am

I am using the Tourance tire and am really happy with it. For the weekends, I put on the Dunlop 606's and take to the hills. Did a few hundred on with the 606's on road- scary! It's a bit of a hassle switching tires, but neither is a compromise for their intended purpose. I just wish I could afford another set of wheels! Pete in Reno A-18
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "xt535" wrote: > I'm running an MT90 S/T in the back and will mount the matching > front as soon as the IRC GP1 gives up. While I thought the GP1s > were great on the street, the MT90 is way better! > > BTW, On a BMW site there is a comparison of tires on various BMW > bikes. The Metzeler Tourance was either the highest or nearly > highest rated tire, with quite a lot of reviews. I might have > bought the Metzelers if I hadn't scored an excellent deal on a Pir > of the Pirellis. > > Eric Stevens > Mechanicsburg, Pa > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Scott" > wrote: > > Pirelli Scorpion MT 90 S/T > > > > Tough as nails, and got over 8K on them. Figure 2-3K more. Very > similar to > > Avon Distanzia, but I give them a slight edge in grip. Rode them > all over > > Colorado jeep trails last year with no problems, but now that they > are > > wearing down, they are getting very slippery off-road. On-road, > like rails. > > > > R > > > > > > > > jrc1515@j... wrote: > > > > > > >What tires are people using for for 99% street applications? > > > > > > > >