klr 650 lazer exhaust f/s

DSN_KLR650
Danny L.

nklr 3 cyclists killed by fleeing child molester in ne

Post by Danny L. » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:19 am

I saw on Headline News ticker, for a second, that a suspected child molester, fleeing police in a SUV, struck and killed 3 motorcyclists in NE. Anyone hear anything about this? If so, that SUCKS!! Pray for their familys, and keep your eyes peeled. D Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Danny L.

Post by Danny L. » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:29 am

I found a link http://www.comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC//XML/1110_AP_Online_Regional___National__US_/395b3cfa-9f6b-4aae-88ef-098a4a25c538.html D "Danny L." wrote: I saw on Headline News ticker, for a second, that a suspected child molester, fleeing police in a SUV, struck and killed 3 motorcyclists in NE. Anyone hear anything about this? If so, that SUCKS!! Pray for their familys, and keep your eyes peeled. D Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Yahoo! Groups Links Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

denvowell@aol.com

Post by denvowell@aol.com » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:03 am

Sad real sad [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Tengai Mark Van Horn

Post by Tengai Mark Van Horn » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:16 am

At 5:29 AM -0800 3/21/04, Danny L. wrote:
What pisses me off about this is that the fact that there was already a warrant out for his arrest. Rather than pulling up to 'question him' about the other accusations, dudes in black should have stormed into the place in Ruby Ridge fashion and apprehended him on the warrant. Mark http://www.reelrider.com

Danny L.

Post by Danny L. » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:00 am

I agree Mark! They stop people all the time, for lesser, and over react more!!! The thing that really sucks, is that the driver is supposed to be critically injured, possibly has some brain damage in one report, and could die, and never have to pay for it, except on Judgement Day! D Tengai Mark Van Horn wrote: At 5:29 AM -0800 3/21/04, Danny L. wrote:
What pisses me off about this is that the fact that there was already a warrant out for his arrest. Rather than pulling up to 'question him' about the other accusations, dudes in black should have stormed into the place in Ruby Ridge fashion and apprehended him on the warrant. Mark http://www.reelrider.com Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

jimbacker@juno.com

Post by jimbacker@juno.com » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:22 am

I have a different perspective on this. This may open a can of worms but remember this is only my opinion, and I have a right to that. Do the officers get prosecuted as well? Should they be doing a high speed chase into a congested area? (last time I was in downtown Omaha it was congested) This really hits my hot spot, as I had Two good friends that were killed in this exact manner a few years ago. Most of the time the officers have the info that is needed to get them later, when it does not endanger the lives of others. We have laws and guidelines in several cities out here that state NO high speed pursuits in a congested area. These laws came into place as a result of killing and maiming innocent people. I have a friend here that was coming home from the grocery store and was hit by a chased vehicle. His medical bills were nearly 1,700,000 dollars, which was way more than his and the other drivers insurance would cover. It put him into bankruptcy and he is now on total disability, living off you and I as a result of a chase that was deemed unnecessary, as the officer had the guys drivers license in hand when he took off. The guy was stumbling drunk. AS a result of this last incident we now have a do not pursue guideline here in Casper. By the way all three of my friends were in cagers. jim A6 gl18 WY ________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!

Mike Torst

Post by Mike Torst » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:34 am

Oh damn! That sick son of bitch better get the death penalty. Mike Torst Las Vegas
> -----Original Message----- > From: Danny L. [mailto:jaklauren2000@...] > Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 5:29 AM > To: Danny L.; dsn_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR 3 cyclists killed by fleeing child molester > in NE > > I found a link > > http://www.comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC//XML/1110_AP_Online_Regional___Nation > al__US_/395b3cfa-9f6b-4aae-88ef-098a4a25c538.html > > > > D > > "Danny L." wrote: > I saw on Headline News ticker, for a second, that a suspected child > molester, fleeing police in a SUV, struck and killed 3 motorcyclists in > NE. Anyone hear anything about this? > > If so, that SUCKS!! Pray for their familys, and keep your eyes peeled. > > D >

thad_carey

Post by thad_carey » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:50 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Danny L." wrote:
> I saw on Headline News ticker, for a second, that a suspected child
molester, fleeing police in a SUV, struck and killed 3 motorcyclists in NE. Anyone hear anything about this?
> > If so, that SUCKS!! Pray for their familys, and keep your eyes
peeled.
> > D > > > > > > > > > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time. > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I love incidents like this and the multitude of different perspectives you see come out of them. Obviously this little news blurb on the incident doesn't provide all the facts or elements to make an definitive critique of how this situation was handled. I love the "Ruby Ridge" comment--the suggestion being that law enforcement make an overwhelming action of force on an arrest or questioning contact. Even when dealing with someone like Randy Weaver who had displayed weapons involvement and a fairly strong anti- government stance, the overwhelming action of force didn't go over too big with most people and the results were hardly beneficial to anyone. I can see it now--police SWAT units storm home of sex offender "suspect" who has a warrant for not appearing on some other violation (was there mention of it being a violent offense?). Unfortunately an innoncent family member was shot and killed by police as she came out of a darkened room in the home. Move ahead six months in time. The conclusion of the investigation involving the suspect sex offender revealed no substantial evidence for prosecution. Public outcry from the community is demanding action for the police department's obvious overreaction to a simple investigation and their "military style" tactics in dealing with the public. Now let's change the scenario. The local news reports that police have arrested a man who kidnapped, sexually assaulted, and murdered a 5 year old girl a week ago. It has been revealed that police had made contact with this same offender about 2 months ago, but he fled in a stolen vehicle and police refused to pursue the subject, even though he was wanted on a felony warrant and was a suspect on another existing case of sexual assault on a child. Angry citizens in the community want to know why the police in such an exteme circumstance of a sexual assault suspect, felony vehicle theft, an existing felony warrant, and fleeing from the police would result in the officers not pursuing this level of individual. In my hypothetical incident and in the real world, all of the responses of the police have about a millisecond opportunity to go right or wrong, and in some of them it's the classic "Damned if you do and damned if you don't". In a world (and most definitely in the U.S.) demanding perfect doohickeys, 55 mpg KLRs, and 20,000 mile dual sport tire life, the least we can expect is perfection in the criminal justice system. That's why I'm voting for John Kerry...LOL!

dooden

Post by dooden » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:03 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "thad_carey" wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Danny L." > wrote: > > I saw on Headline News ticker, for a second, that a suspected child
snip
> and in some of them it's the classic "Damned if you do and damned if > you don't". In a world (and most definitely in the U.S.) demanding > perfect doohickeys, 55 mpg KLRs, and 20,000 mile dual sport tire > life, the least we can expect is perfection in the criminal justice > system. That's why I'm voting for John Kerry...LOL!
I bet Ole Johnny Kerry will get some huge government contracts for new jail systems build by fellow Mass(whatever they are called) contractors perhaps in another state so good ole Mass do not have to deal with the inmates, but the prison wear will most likely be from one of his wifes multiple clothing factories run by little 3rd world country girls. As you said damned if you do, damned if you dont.. reckon you can pick the candidate that sours the milk the least, but I will stick with one that will ensure at least terrorism is chased down and attacked like they should be.. Nothing like a good ole GPS guided 500lb'er coming through the roof to totally screw up your day. Dooden A15 Green Ape

George Basinet

Post by George Basinet » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:23 pm

I bet Ole Johnny Kerry will get some huge government contracts for new
> jail systems build by fellow Mass(whatever they are called)
You mean of course, Ole Halburton/Chaney George Escondido, CA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dooden" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 11:03 AM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: NKLR 3 cyclists killed by fleeing child molester in NE > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "thad_carey" wrote: > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Danny L." > > wrote: > > > I saw on Headline News ticker, for a second, that a suspected child > > snip > > > and in some of them it's the classic "Damned if you do and damned if > > you don't". In a world (and most definitely in the U.S.) demanding > > perfect doohickeys, 55 mpg KLRs, and 20,000 mile dual sport tire > > life, the least we can expect is perfection in the criminal justice > > system. That's why I'm voting for John Kerry...LOL! > > I bet Ole Johnny Kerry will get some huge government contracts for new > jail systems build by fellow Mass(whatever they are called) > contractors perhaps in another state so good ole Mass do not have to > deal with the inmates, but the prison wear will most likely be from > one of his wifes multiple clothing factories run by little 3rd world > country girls. > > As you said damned if you do, damned if you dont.. reckon you can pick > the candidate that sours the milk the least, but I will stick with one > that will ensure at least terrorism is chased down and attacked like > they should be.. Nothing like a good ole GPS guided 500lb'er coming > through the roof to totally screw up your day. > > Dooden > A15 Green Ape > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > >