what paint to use?

DSN_KLR650
bashtheone

nklr250 twin cam

Post by bashtheone » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:55 pm

i know you lads have 650 but my son has the klr250 and he took head of without checking the valve timing marks ,can anybody tell me were the two cam marks should line up and is the magneto mark set to "t" failing this i will have to scrap the bike which i dont want to do any help please ?

Zachariah Mully

nklr250 twin cam

Post by Zachariah Mully » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:59 pm

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 13:20, bashtheone wrote:
> i know you lads have 650 but my son has the klr250 and he took head > of without checking the valve timing marks ,can anybody tell me were > the two cam marks should line up and is the magneto mark set to "t" > failing this i will have to scrap the bike which i dont want to do > any help please ?
Ooohh... You're seriously screwed now. No way to fix it, you can drop it off at my house after 7pm tonight. ;) At TDC, the arrows on the cam gears should be level with the head and pointing forward (though being a 250, I'm not sure what it's got up there). You should really get the service manual for it. Z

bigfatgreenbike

nklr250 twin cam

Post by bigfatgreenbike » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:34 pm

bashtheone@... wrote:
>i know you lads have 650 but my son has the klr250 and he took head >of without checking the valve timing marks ,can anybody tell me were >the two cam marks should line up and is the magneto mark set to "t" >failing this i will have to scrap the bike which i dont want to do >any help please ? > >
If your son insists on disassembling four-stroke motors without using a manual, the least you should do is turn the motor over really slow by hand, after you put it back together, to make sure Mrs. Valve doesn't hit Mr. Piston. Probably the marks on the sprockets point forward, lever with the edge of the head, when the engine is at TDC. Which should be "TDC" or "T" on the rotor. The marks sometimes line up a half tooth off or so when the chain goes on. I'm guessing of course. -- Devon Brooklyn, NY A15-Z '01 KLR650 '81 SR500 cafe racer "The truth's not too popular these days....." Arnold Schwarzenneger, in The Running Man

vichaikul

what paint to use?

Post by vichaikul » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:22 pm

I wanted to repaint the frame of my KLX650. There is a little bit of rust. I would like to repaint my frame in black. Does anyone recommend a certain brand of paint to use? Thanks

Mike Torst

nklr250 twin cam

Post by Mike Torst » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:24 pm

Ambiguity? Look, you listers fuc@ with me, but why do you do the do on this father? Mike Torst Las Vegas
> -----Original Message----- > From: Zachariah Mully [mailto:zmully@...] > Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 2:00 PM > To: bashtheone > Cc: KLR List > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] nklr250 twin cam > > On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 13:20, bashtheone wrote: > > i know you lads have 650 but my son has the klr250 and he took head > > of without checking the valve timing marks ,can anybody tell me were > > the two cam marks should line up and is the magneto mark set to "t" > > failing this i will have to scrap the bike which i dont want to do > > any help please ? > > Ooohh... You're seriously screwed now. No way to fix it, you can drop it > off at my house after 7pm tonight. ;) > > At TDC, the arrows on the cam gears should be level with the head and > pointing forward (though being a 250, I'm not sure what it's got up > there). You should really get the service manual for it. > > Z DC > A5X > A12X > >