petcock: skip faulkner's mods, conversion to manual (klr650)

DSN_KLR650
Les Lampman

where do missing messages go? nklr

Post by Les Lampman » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:32 am

I've twice, just today, typed two replies to replies to two of my original posts (man, that's quite a sentence!) and not had them show up on the board after I got the "Your message has been posted" notice. Each time I read the reply to my earlier message (which posted fine) and just hit 'reply' in the upper left corner, typed the reply, then hit "Send" (and then got the "posted" notice). Am I doing something wrong or just going crazy? What really freaks me out is I've been posting on these darn Yahoo and MSN groups for several years. Aargh...I'm losing my touch...Or out of touch...or... Thanks in advance for any enlightenment... Les Lampman Whidbey Island, WA '88 KLR650

Mark Sampson

Post by Mark Sampson » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:44 am

Am I doing something wrong or just going crazy? What really freaks me out is I've been posting on these darn Yahoo and MSN groups for several years. Aargh...I'm losing my touch...Or out of touch...or... Yes Les you probably are---when you hit the reply button----before sending, look up at whats in the "To" line. It needs to say : DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com I remove what it says in the "To" line and copy and paste the above--which send it to the whole list instead of just one person. Mark Sampson

Don Kime

Post by Don Kime » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:10 am

At 04:18 AM 3/2/2004 +0000, Les Lampman wrote:
>I've twice, just today, typed two replies to replies to two of my >original posts (man, that's quite a sentence!) and not had them show >up on the board after I got the "Your message has been posted" >notice. Each time I read the reply to my earlier message (which >posted fine) and just hit 'reply' in the upper left corner, typed >the reply, then hit "Send" (and then got the "posted" notice).
To expand just a bit on what Mark has said, the way Yahoo structures the list mails, if you hit reply you will send your reply to the poster, not to the list. You need to modify what's in the 'To:' field before sending to get it to post to the list. Ride safe, Don Kime - VFR750F, GL1500SE, GL1100, KLR 650 OH - M/C Safety Instructor/RiderCoach dkime@... http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTourer/

Les Lampman

Post by Les Lampman » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:35 am

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Sampson" wrote:
> Yes Les you probably are---when you hit the reply > button----before sending, look up at whats in the "To" line. > > It needs to say : DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > > I remove what it says in the "To" line and copy and paste the > above--which send it to the whole list instead of just one person. > > Mark Sampson
Hi Mark...thanks VERY much! I jumped over to the other 6 yahoo groups I'm a member of and had a look-see; every one of them defaults the reply messages to the group, not the poster. Because of that I never got in the habit (shame on me) of looking in the To: field. It's simple though since the Drop Down Menu there let's one select the destination. I always knew this KLR list was "different"! ;-) [That's a good thing, BTW] Les Lampman Whidbey Island, WA '88 KLR650

Les Lampman

Post by Les Lampman » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:35 am

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Don Kime wrote:
> To expand just a bit on what Mark has said, the way Yahoo
structures the
> list mails, if you hit reply you will send your reply to the
poster, not to
> the list. You need to modify what's in the 'To:' field before
sending to
> get it to post to the list. > > Ride safe, > Don Kime - VFR750F, GL1500SE, GL1100, KLR 650 > OH - M/C Safety Instructor/RiderCoach dkime@c... > http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTourer/
Hi Don, Thanks for the follow up...I did follow what Mark said and your response clarified it. Les Lampman Whidbey Island, WA '88 KLR650

rdbeer

Post by rdbeer » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:36 am

Which brings up the question: WTF are yahoo forums so difficult to use? - searching does not search the entire archive - forum is set up to sort by time of posting instead of thread - when you switch to thread sorting, it's difficult to find and navigate threads - have to scroll the screen to get to all the navigation buttons/links - as mentioned, posts don't reply to the group by default Dirk

mwl_95623

Post by mwl_95623 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:19 am

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "rdbeer" wrote:
> Which brings up the question:
Which brings up yet another question. One of the pull down "eply to" options is DSN_KLR650-owner@yahoogroups.com. Who is this? The list moderator? Matt

Mike Torst

petcock: skip faulkner's mods, conversion to manual (klr650)

Post by Mike Torst » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:51 pm

Hey Mark, thanks for the extended thread. The posts near the end have got me thinking that I'll just stick w/ my bulbed siphon hose w/carb nipple tip and shop towel retainer solution will remain my solution, for now. The IMS tank I have is translucent, so I always know how much gas I have, and it only takes a few minutes to rig up my 'butt ugly' solution. Mike Torst Las Vegas
> -----Original Message----- > From: Marc Illsley Clarke (W2MIC) [mailto:mic@...] > Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 1:01 AM > To: Mike Torst > Subject: Petcock: Skip Faulkner's Mods, Conversion to Manual (KLR650)
SNIP----------------------