green pride

DSN_KLR650
Keith Locke

shaft drive and countersteering nklr

Post by Keith Locke » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:33 am

Read: ======================== It's kind of a moot point about the BMW for 2 reasons; 1) BMW owners are far too snooty to be seen riding with a KLR 2) All BMWs (except the F650) are shaft drive, and as such cannot countersteer or wheelie. ======================== OK, this was a joke, right? If it wasn't, then please TRY countersteering with your shaft-drive bike. I had a shaft drive Suzuki for many years (GS850G) and it *definitely* countersteered. Any rank beginners reading the forum ought to get the straight goods on something this related to safety. All two-wheel bikes use countersteering, even the chopper/cruisers. (With the chopper/cruiser category, it's a different action on the bars to get the turn started, but it is still contersteering.) Even bicycles use countersteering; if you get one above about 8 mph it is more obvious. Light bikes can be muscled around by a powerful rider without countersteering. Those riders will never conquer the bike. Racers that don't believe they use countersteering really *do* use countersteering. Reference David Hough's books (one of his "proficient" books, don't remember which one). A video camera was used to capture the use of countersteering by a famous racer who did not believe in it. Keith __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Judson D. Jones

Post by Judson D. Jones » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:24 am

Hey, did you ever try ice fishing? It can be as relaxing as sitting on the river bank with a cane pole. --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Keith Locke wrote:
> Read: > ======================== > It's kind of a moot point about the BMW for 2 > reasons; > 1) BMW owners are far too snooty to be seen > riding with a KLR > 2) All BMWs (except the F650) are shaft drive, > and as such cannot > countersteer or wheelie. > ======================== > > OK, this was a joke, right? If it wasn't, then please > TRY countersteering with your shaft-drive bike. I had > a shaft drive Suzuki for many years (GS850G) and it > *definitely* countersteered. Any rank beginners > reading the forum ought to get the straight goods on > something this related to safety. All two-wheel bikes > use countersteering, even the chopper/cruisers. (With > the chopper/cruiser category, it's a different action > on the bars to get the turn started, but it is still > contersteering.) > > Even bicycles use countersteering; if you get one > above about 8 mph it is more obvious. > > Light bikes can be muscled around by a powerful rider > without countersteering. Those riders will never > conquer the bike. > > Racers that don't believe they use countersteering > really *do* use countersteering. Reference David > Hough's books (one of his "proficient" books, don't > remember which one). A video camera was used to > capture the use of countersteering by a famous racer > who did not believe in it. > > Keith > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard > http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Devon

Post by Devon » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:36 am

rkeith1084@... wrote:
>Read: > >2) All BMWs (except the F650) are shaft drive, >and as such cannot >countersteer or wheelie. >======================== > >OK, this was a joke, right? If it wasn't, then please >TRY countersteering with your shaft-drive bike. I had >a shaft drive Suzuki for many years (GS850G) and it >*definitely* countersteered. >
Aaaahh, the first catch of the day. Mr. Mumford again shows us all his brilliant trolling technique. The "shafties/countersteering/wheelie" move is a low degree of difficulty, but he makes up for it with perfect form. Devon

rm@richardmay.net

Post by rm@richardmay.net » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:19 pm

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Devon wrote:
>Aaaahh, the first catch of the day. >Mr. Mumford again shows us all his brilliant trolling technique. The >"shafties/countersteering/wheelie" move is a low degree of difficulty, >but he makes up for it with perfect form.
Ahh yes, the Orange County judges are impressed with Mr. Mumford's grace and skill. This brit transplant has opened our eyes to just what an amazing art form the humble shaftie/countersteer troll can become when invoked with exact timing and delivery. 9.6 RM

Martin Earl

green pride

Post by Martin Earl » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:23 pm

DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com writes:
>Original Message----- >From: Paul Huber [mailto:phhome@...] > I own a John Deere Dealership >Paul Huber >Lexington, KY >(859) 253-2611
Hi Paul, I would like to buy a small John Deere logo, i.e. running deer, for my A-15m "John Deere" green KLR. Do you have anything appropriate? maaatin Wilmore, KY 858-0330
> > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >