airbox mods, rebound adjustment

DSN_KLR650
MMMasters28@hotmail.com

airbox mods, rebound adjustment

Post by MMMasters28@hotmail.com » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:41 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone who commented on the Airbox Mod. I busted out the drill and saw yesterday and modified the airbox. The screen did not come out pretty and I had to spend some time cutting it out little by little. My initial feeling was that it had a much deeper throater sound when I started it. There was a lot more initial thurst when starting especially 1st -3rd gears and it definitely takes less throttle to cruise at 70. The end result was a grin from ear to ear. The bike feels alot more powerful and wheelies much easier than before. It is louder, but not in a rude way, won't have any problems with neighbors. Thanks for your comments, Mick A10 I believe 1996 KLR PS Any advice on how to set the rebound. I am about 185 and probably don't ride aggressively enough, but the bike kicks me in the ass occassionally in the bumpys. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 9/29/2003