corbin flat seat wanted

DSN_KLR650
baroen

klr 250 - a pos

Post by baroen » Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:49 am

My buddy and I both have 2001 KLR250's with pretty low mileage - mine only 750 and his 450. We both have big street bikes and the 250's are used only for the occasional cowtrialing, fireroads, etc. They both became very hard to start if they sat for a month or two so we took them to our local dealer service dept for a tuneup or whatever to see if that would cure the problem. My buddy's bike also had an oil leak he wanted fixed. Both bikes, of course, are well out of warranty timewise. It turns out that the oil leaking on my buddy's bike comes out through the side of the engine through a casting defect - sand or something. And (surprise!!) Kawasaki will do nothing even though it is an obvious manfacturing defect. And mine has bad valves, seats, and rings. After 750 miles. The repair bill is over $800 each should we choose to do it. I'm thinking of using mine for a boat anchor. My buddy is going to fix his with JB Weld and get rid of it. Kawasaki KRL250 = total junk, a piece of s___. Beware.

Judson D. Jones

klr 250 - a pos

Post by Judson D. Jones » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:01 am

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "baroen" wrote:
> My buddy and I both have 2001 KLR250's with pretty low
mileage -
> mine only 750 and his 450. We both have big street bikes and
the
> 250's are used only for the occasional cowtrialing, fireroads,
etc.
> They both became very hard to start if they sat for a month or
two
> so we took them to our local dealer service dept for a tuneup or > whatever to see if that would cure the problem. My buddy's bike
also
> had an oil leak he wanted fixed. Both bikes, of course, are well
out
> of warranty timewise. > > It turns out that the oil leaking on my buddy's bike comes out > through the side of the engine through a casting defect - sand
or
> something. And (surprise!!) Kawasaki will do nothing even
though it
> is an obvious manfacturing defect. And mine has bad valves,
seats,
> and rings. After 750 miles. The repair bill is over $800 each > should we choose to do it. I'm thinking of using mine for a boat > anchor. My buddy is going to fix his with JB Weld and get rid of
it.
> > Kawasaki KRL250 = total junk, a piece of s___. Beware.
Sitting is worse for a bike than riding it. Still, I wouldn't trust your dealer's diagnosis. A blocked pilot jet is the probable cause of your hard starting. Adjust the valves and clean the carb. Or, I'll give you $500 for the worthless POS hulk.

Sig Taylor

corbin flat seat wanted

Post by Sig Taylor » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:37 am

Looking for a used Flat Corbin seat for my KLR 650.